这个女人对你来说到底意味着什么 市长先生
What exactly does this woman mean to you, Monsieur le Maire?
她是需要我帮助的人
Someone who needs my help.
一个娼妓吗
A common whore?
她是低人一等的人
She is the lowest of the low.
你要冒着名誉风险去帮助这样一个人吗
You would risk your good name to help a creature like that?
她也是上帝的造物 沙威先生
She's one of God's creatures, Monsieur Javert,
而且她虽然毫无过错却经受了如此大的痛苦
and she has suffered grievously through no fault of her own.
是我伤害了她 所以现在我要设法补救
I injured her myself, and now I want to make amends if I can.
你让我无话可说
You astonish me.
请你不要挡着我的路
Now stand out of my way.
你在这儿干吗
What are you doing here?
我在
I'm...
我在为你祈祷
I'm praying for you.
也为我自己
And for myself.
能不能请你
Will you...
叫人把我的女儿
..send for my daughter...
珂赛特找来
Cosette, please?
当然可以了
Yes, of course.
需要的话我可以亲自去找她
If necessary, I'll go for her myself.
我 我曾是个罪人
I've been a...a sinner.
但如果珂赛特在我身边的话
But when I have Cosette with me...
那就意味着
..it will mean...
上帝已经原谅我了
that God has forgiven me.
市长先生 沙威督察来了
Inspector Javert is here, Monsieur le Maire.
请坐吧 督察
Sit down, Inspector.
谢谢您的好意 市长先生 我更想站着
Thank you, Monsieur le Maire. I prefer to stand.
请便 你来意是为何啊
As you wish. What can I do for you?
我是来检举一位警官所犯下的
I have come to report a serious misdemeanour
十分严重的罪行的
by an officer of the police.
哪一位警官呢
Which officer?
我自己
Myself.
我是前来辞任的
I have come to offer my resignation.
为什么呢
For what reason?
首先 我想为我早些时候的行为道歉
Firstly, I'd like to apologise for my conduct earlier and...
我在巴黎警♥察♥总署当众侮辱了您
I denounced you to police headquarters in Paris.
我还错误的怀疑您
I suspected you, wrongly as it turns out,
是个臭名昭著的重罪犯
to be a notorious felon,
是我曾经的24601号♥囚犯
once known to me as Prisoner Number 24601.
是个叫冉·阿让的人
A man named Jean Valjean.
但是你错了
But you were wrong.
嗯
Yes.
看样子是的
It seems I was.
你
What, erm...
你为什么改变主意了呢
What made you change your mind?
市长先生 真正的阿让
Monsieur le Maire, the real Valjean...
被抓到了
has been found.
什么
What?
他将因多项指控在阿♥拉♥斯的法庭接受审判
He's about to stand trial in Arras for a number of offences,
其中包括从一个叫小瑞尔威的孩子那里
including the theft of a coin from a child
窃取硬币
who went by the name of Petit Gervais.
小瑞尔威
Petit Gervais?
小瑞尔威
Petit Gervais.
您对这个名字耳熟吗 市长先生
Does the name mean anything to you, Monsieur le Maire?
这个人认罪了吗
Has this man confessed?
还没有
No.
但是他的谎言一定会在法庭上被揭穿
No, but no doubt his lies will be exposed in court
而他将会被判处
and he'll be sentenced to penal servitude...
服终身苦役
for life.
他已经完了
It's over for him.
审判就在明天
The trial is tomorrow.
我今晚会乘马车去阿♥拉♥斯
I'll take the coach to Arras tonight
那将会是我作为巡官所履行的最后职责
and that will be my last duty as Police Inspector.
晚安 市长先生
Goodnight, Monsieur le Maire.
有什么事吗 嬷嬷
What can I do for you, Sister?
我们的病人 芳汀·蒂博 那个娼妓
Our patient, Fantine Thibault, the prostitute.
别这么叫她
Don't call her that.
医生让我告诉您 她现在很虚弱
The doctor wanted you to know that she... She's very weak.
她应该时日无多了
She has very little time left on this Earth
而且她一直在念叨希望见到她的孩子
and she speaks constantly of seeing her child.
好的好的 我知道
Yes, yes, I know that.
医生说如果她想在死前见到她的孩子的话
The doctor says if she is to see her child
那个孩子得立刻...
before she dies, the child should be...
好的 我知道了 嬷嬷
Yes, I understand, Sister!
请原谅我的失礼
I beg your pardon.
谢谢你 嬷嬷
Thank you, Sister.
请尽你所能去帮她
Please do your best for her.
我还有其他要做的事 失陪了
Now there are things that I have to attend to. Excuse me.
你拿了 对不对 你拿了我的钱
You've got it, haven't you? You've got my money!
你是个臭贼
You're a dirty thief!
诅咒你
A curse on you!
-维克蒂尼安太太 -马德林先生
- Madame Victurnien. - Monsieur Madeleine!
我有件事麻烦你 如果你愿意帮忙的话
I have an errand for you, if you'd be so kind.
-你记得芳汀·蒂博吗 -我记得
- You remember Fantine Thibault? - Indeed I do.
她住院了 她现在病得很重
She's in hospital, she's very ill.
我需要你去蒙费梅伊找到她的小女儿
I need you to go to Montfermeil and fetch her little girl.
把她带过来
Bring her here.
本来我想自己去的 但我还要去其他地方
I'd go myself, but I... There's somewhere else I have to be.