Ever reluctant to put himself forward,
最后 他终于接受
he has at last been persuaded
知恩图报的市民们劝说
by the grateful citizens
接受了蒙特勒伊的市长一职
to accept the office of Mayor of Montreuil.
女士们先生们 马德林先生
Mesdames et Messieurs, Monsieur Madeleine.
马德林先生
Monsieur Madeleine!
蒙特勒伊的市民们 朋友们
Citizens of Montreuil, my friends...
感谢大家
..I thank you for the, erm, trust that you've, you've...
对我的信任
you've shown in me.
祝大家日安
Good day.
马德林先生
Monsieur Madeleine!
打扰了 我正在找些活干
Excuse me. I'm looking for some work.
来吧
Come.
来吧 没什么好怕的
Come. Nothing to be frightened of.
坐下吧
Sit here.
你的姓名
Your name?
芳汀 先生
Fantine, monsieur,
芳汀·蒂博
Fantine Thibault.
你刚到这里来的吗
And you are new in the town?
是的
Yes.
-我过去在巴黎生活 -你在那里做什么
- I was living in Paris. - What work were you doing there?
我在一家裁缝店里缝衣服
I was a seamstress at a dressmaker's.
这边的工作也需要灵活的手指
Well, the work here needs nimble fingers too,
-你觉得你能学会吗 -可以
- so, you think you can learn it? - Yes.
如果您要我的话 我一定拼命干活
And if you take me, I'll work very hard.
您不会后悔的
You won't regret it.
好
Good.
你的家庭情况是怎么样的
So what are your, erm, family circumstances?
我孤身一人 先生
I am alone in the world, sir.
-没有丈夫吗 -没有
- No husband? - No.
没有情人
No lover?
没有孩子
No children?
像我说过的 先生
As I said, sir, I'm...
我孤身一人
I'm alone in the world.
芳汀 对于你和我来说
It's very important to me and to you, Fantine,
你绝对的诚实是非常重要的
that you're completely honest with me.
您不相信我
You don't believe me?
再说您为什么要关心我的生活呢
Why should you care about my life anyway?
我所有的工人我都关心
I care about all my workers.
那么
So...
你是孤身一人了
..All alone in the world?
是的 先生
Yes, monsieur.
我先给你一个月的试用期
I'll take you on a month's probation.
如果你干得好 你会赚到钱的
And if you work well, you can prosper here.
谢谢您 先生 谢谢
Thank you, monsieur. Thank you.
维克蒂尼安太太 带她去找张桌子
Madame Victurnien, will you show her to a table?
你可以马上开始工作吗
Are you are able to begin right away?
-当然了 马德林先生 -很好
- Yes, of course, Monsieur Madeleine. - Good.
-那就去吧 -再次感谢您 先生
- Well, go now. - Thank you again, monsieur.
谢谢
Thank you.
据说他的他的床头都是足金的
His bedhead's supposed to be solid gold.
雕刻着天使啊翅膀啊 等等的
Carved angels, wings - everything.
我可不介意在他的床上展开我的双翼
I wouldn't mind spreading my wings in his bed.
怎么了
What?!
芳汀 你得轻点 别把它弄断了
Be a bit gentler, Fantine. You don't want to snag it.
这样很对 芳汀
That's good, Fantine.
你开始掌握了
You're getting the hang of it.
市长先生
Monsieur le Maire!
好了 孩子们
All right, boys?
给你们
There you are.
还好吗
All right?
来 拿着 乖孩子
Here, take that. Good boy.
代笔人
德纳迪埃先生和太太 别来无恙...
And I hope this finds you well, Monsieur and Madame Thenardier...
珂赛特也一直都挺乖的吧
..And that my Cosette has been a good girl for you.
告诉她妈妈爱她
Tell her Maman loves her
给她送上一千个吻
and sends her a thousand kisses,
希望很快就可以去领她
and hopes to be able to fetch her very soon.
接她 应该说接她
Collect her. Collect her.
谢谢
Thank you.
她给你送上一千个吻
And she sends you a thousand kisses. Mwah!
她希望很快就可以来接她
And hopes to be able to collect her very soon.
"您永远谦卑的..." 好家伙
"I remain your very humble..." Oooh!
等等等等
Et cetera, et cetera.
词用得真花哨 她寄钱来了吗
Very fancy language! She sent the money, eh?
寄上额外一点钱来给亲爱的小家伙买♥♥点好吃的
Sent a bit extra to buy the dear little thing some treats.
这可不行
That won't be happening.
如果她有钱能额外寄过来
If she's got enough to send a bit extra,
那我们就该涨价了 该涨多少 十二法郎
it's time to raise the rates. What do you reckon? 12 francs?
不 十五 我今天就写信给她
No, 15. I'll write to her today.
我倒是可以来点好吃的 德纳迪埃
I could do with a treat, Thenardier.
到时候就给你来点 我的小亲亲
And you shall get one, my little pigeon.
到时候吧 等情况好些
All in good time, when things look up a bit.
所有的余款都要拿去付账
Any spare cash has got to go towards the bills.
我不明白是怎么回事 可无论我做什么
I don't know what it is, but whatever I do,
好像都赚不了钱
nothing seems to prosper.
路那头的野鸭旅店有好多客人
The Wild Duck down the road gets plenty of custom.
我这怎么就不行呢
Why not me?
回你的角落去 加夫罗什
Back in your corner, Gavroche!
快点 你这个小崽子 离我远点
Come on, you little beast, and out of my sight.
知道吗 德纳迪埃 真是怪了
Do you know, it's a strange thing, Thenardier,
我一直没办法喜欢上她
but I've never been able to take to that one.
我可以为女儿们做任何事 但那肮脏的小东西
I could do anything for my girls, but that nasty little creature
根本激发不起我心中的母性
doesn't bring any maternal instincts out in me at all.
命盘不好 亲爱的 你做什么都没用
Born under a bad sign, love. Nothing you can do about it.
知道吗 德纳迪埃 你总说
Do you know, Thenardier, you know you said how
-这里总是很冷清 太怪了 -对 亲爱的
- it's funny this place never seems to prosper? - Yes, my dear.
你有没有考虑过 亲爱的
Have you ever considered, my love,
人言可畏
that people talk?
比如马车夫可能会说
And the coachman, like, he might say,
别去那家店 先生 德纳迪埃给啤酒掺水
"Oh, don't go in there, sir, cos Thenardier waters down the beer
还附赠缺斤少两
"And short changes you into the bargain!"
我常觉得你应该在门外放个标牌 写着
I've often thought you could have a sign outside saying,
"想被骗就进来"
"Come in here if you want to be swindled."
你把嘴闭上
You shut your mouth.
如果想要你的建议 我会问的 懂了吗
When I want your advice, I'll ask for it, yeah?
滚
Go!
看什么看 你也想挨打吗
What are you looking at? You want some too?
市长先生
Monsieur le Maire,
新警♥察♥局长来见你了
the new Chief of Police is here to see you.
市长先生 我觉得我们应该认识一下
Monsieur le Maire, I thought we should become acquainted.
我叫沙威
My name is Javert.
于昨晚抵达蒙特勒伊
I arrived in Montreuil last night.
请坐 督察
Please take a seat, Inspector.
-你想喝一杯吗 -不了 谢谢 市长先生
- Can I offer you a drink? - No, thank you, Monsieur le Maire.
原谅我 这是您偏好的称呼吗
Forgive me, is that how you prefer to be addressed?
我听过别人称呼您为佩雷·马德林
I have heard you called Pere Madeleine?
不 市长先生就可以
No, Monsieur le Maire will do.
您的这个工厂非常好
You have a fine establishment here.
谢谢
Thank you.
我听说您通过雇佣所有想工作的人
I am told you have restored the prosperity of the town
重振了这个城镇的繁荣
by giving employment to all those who are willing to work.
因此 这里的犯罪很少
Consequently, there's very little crime here.
是的 我愿意这样相信
Yes, I like to think that that is so.
但是贼偷东西不是因为他又穷又绝望
But a thief does not steal because he is poor and desperate,
他偷东西因为他有犯罪心理
he steals because he has a criminal mentality,
因为他是堕落的人
because he is degenerate,
简单地说 因为他是
because he is, to put it simply...
邪恶的人
..wicked.
我必须得说我们意见相左
Well, there I have to tell you that we disagree.
是吗
Really?