You're telling me that nice old Eugene
大晚上出来 给你的地里下了毒吗
came out here after dark and doused your field with poison?
不是尤金自己干的
Not Eugene himself.
我想可能是他的雇工
I'm thinking one of his field hands.
听着 局长
Listen, Chief,
我不是胡乱指责人的人 你了解的
I don't go throwing around accusations lightly. You know me.
这偏偏在万圣节前一天发生
This happening the day before Halloween,
正是买♥♥卖♥♥最火的时候
when sales are peaking?
也太巧了
That's a hell of a coincidence.
太巧了
Hell of a coincidence.
那边的田里有人干活儿吗
You got somebody working on that field?
去你的
Yeah, screw you, too.
一定去哦
Be there.
南茜
Hey, Nancy.
谢谢
Thanks.
-能再给我一张吗 -当然
- Oh, could I get one more? - Yeah, sure.
你一定要来
You're coming to this.
"来烂醉一场吧"
"Come and get sheet faced."
才不要
No, I'm not.
你不能一个人过万圣节
I can't let you sit all alone Halloween.
那绝不可以
That's just not acceptable.
放心吧 我不会是一个人
Well, you can relax. I'm not gonna be alone.
我要跟威尔去讨糖吃
I'm going trick-or-treating with Will.
-一整晚吗 -是啊
- All night? - Yeah.
不 不可能 你8点就会回家
No, no way. You're gonna be home by 8:00,
然后听讲话头乐队的歌♥
listening to the Talking Heads
看冯内古特的小说什么的
and reading Vonnegut or something.
听上去很美妙嘛
Sounds like a nice night.
乔纳森 来吧
Jonathan, just come. I mean,
说不定你还能结识什么人呢
who knows, you might even, like, meet someone.
-天呐 快把那破玩意摘掉 -我想你了
- Oh, my God! Take those stupid things off. - I missed you.
-这才一小时 -可不是呢
- It's been like an hour. - Tell me about it.
好了 好了 天呐
Okay. Okay, okay. God.
抱歉
Sorry.
那不可能是疯狂麦克斯
There's no way that's Mad Max.
是啊 女生才不打电玩
Yeah. Girls don't play video games.
就算打 也不可能在挖金子上
And even if they did, you can't get 750,000 points
打出75万分
on Dig Dug.
-那不可能 -但她就叫麦克斯
- It's impossible. - But her name is Max.
-那又如何 -你认识几个麦克斯啊
- So what? - So, how many Maxes do you know?
-我不知道 -零 就是这么多
- I don't know. - Zero. That's how many.
就在她来到学校的前一天
She shows up at school the day after
有个跟她同名的人打破了我们的最高纪录
someone with her same name breaks our top score.
-开什么玩笑 -没错
- I mean, you kidding me? - Exactly.
她肯定是疯狂麦克斯 肯定是
So she's gotta be Mad Max. She's gotta be.
她还滑滑板 好酷炫
And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome.
酷炫 你都没跟她说过话
Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her.
没必要 看看她
I don't have to. I mean, look at her.
该死 目标跟丢了
Shit, I've lost the target.
在那儿呢
There.
找到了 好了
Got it. There we go.
"别再监视我了 一群变♥态♥"
"Stop spying on me, creeps."
我去
Well, shit.
威廉·拜耶斯
William Byers.
你妈妈来了
Your mother's here.
你们觉得他没事吧
You guys think he's okay?
他每次去都会怪怪的
He's always weird when he has to go in.
我不知道 他今天很沉默
I don't know. He's quiet today.
他一向沉默
He's always quiet.
你觉得好点了吗
You feeling any better?
威尔
Will?
嗯
Yeah.
嗯 抱歉
Yeah, sorry.
我们怎么说的
What did we talk about, huh?
你别再道歉了
You've got to stop it with the sorries.
抱歉 我知道了
Sorry. I mean, yeah, I know.
听着
And listen, you know,
这没什么好紧张的
there's nothing to be nervous about, you know.
就告诉他们你昨晚感到了什么 看到了什么
Just tell 'em what you felt last night and what you saw.
我会一直陪着你的
Hey, I'm gonna be there the whole time.
不会有事的 好吧
So it's gonna be okay. Okay?
好
Okay.
伙计
Hey, buddy.
威尔爵士 你好吗
Sir Will, how are you?
老妈 老爸
Mom. Pop.
我们来看看是什么情况
Let's take a look, see what's going on here.
你上次来后减了一磅
I see you shaved off a pound since we saw you last.
肯定是在为万圣节的糖果腾地方吧
Must be making room for all that Halloween candy.
你最喜欢什么糖
What's your favorite candy?
流落荒岛时带的那种 只许选一个
Desert island candy, if you had to pick one?
-我不知道 -说说看嘛
- I don't know. - Come on.
生死攸关 你会怎么选
Life or death situation, what would you pick?
-那么 瑞茜花生糖 -瑞茜花生糖
- I guess... Reese's Pieces. - Reese's Pieces.
选得好
Good call. Good call.
我更喜欢蒙兹巧克力棒
I'm more of a Mounds guy,
但是花生巧克力
but I gotta say, peanut butter and chocolate, come on,
谁能抵挡
hard to beat that.
好了 跟我说说你的情况
All right, tell me what's going on with you.
告诉我你的这次发作是什么情况
Tell me about this episode you had.
我朋友前一刻还在 然后就不在了
Well, my friends were there and then they just weren't,
我又回到了那里
and I was back there again.
逆世界吗
In the Upside Down?
好 接下来呢
All right, so what happened next?
我听到了声音 就走了出去 外面更糟
I heard this noise, and so I went outside, and it was worse.
怎么更糟了
How was it worse?
有一场风暴
There was this storm.
好吧 你看到风暴时有什么感觉
Okay. So how did you feel when you saw the storm?
我觉得...
I felt...
僵住了
frozen.
-心跳加快吗 -就是僵住了
- Heart racing? - Just frozen.
僵...冻僵吗 很冷吗
Frozen, cold frozen? Frozen to the touch?
不 就是你害怕的时候
No. Like how you feel when you're scared,
会无法呼吸 无法说话 什么都做不了
and you can't breathe or talk or do anything.
我能感觉到有股邪恶在看着我
I felt... felt this evil, like it was looking at me.
邪恶
It was evil?
你觉得那邪恶想要什么
Well... What do you think the evil wanted?
杀戮
To kill.
杀你吗
To kill you?
不是我
Not me.
所有其他人
Everyone else.
好了 我就说实话了
All right, I'm gonna be honest with you.
好转之前可能会更加严重
It's probably gonna get worse before it gets better.
更严重 他这个月已经发作两次了
Worse? He's already had two episodes this month.
本月结束前可能还会再发生
He'll likely have more before the month is out.
这叫纪念日效应
It's called the Anniversary Effect.
我们在士兵身上见到过这种情况
And we've seen this with soldiers.
事件的纪念日会唤醒创伤记忆
The anniversary of an event brings back traumatic memories.
可以说是打开了神经的水闸
Sort of opens up the neurological floodgates, so to speak.
那这对那孩子意味着什么
So what does this mean for the kid?
他会发作更多次 做噩梦吗
He's gonna have more episodes, nightmares?
是的 可能还会有性情改变
Yeah, that. Maybe some personality changes.
他可能变得易怒 发脾气
He might get irritable. He might lash out.
那到时我们要怎么办
What do we do when that happens?
好吧 就我们对创伤后压力的了解来看
Okay. Well, from what we know about post-traumatic stress...
我们还在进一步了解呢 正常对待他就行
And we're still learning, okay? Just treat him normally.
要耐心 别逼他说话
Be patient with him. Don't pressure him to talk.
让他来领路
Just let him lead the way.
抱歉 你是说 情况会越来越糟
I'm sorry, what you're saying is it's gonna get worse and worse
而我们只能假装没事
and we're just supposed to pretend it's not happening?
我知道这听上去有违常理
It sounds counterintuitive, I know.
但我向你保证