And, uh, little trade secret:
如果顾客可爱 就只在上面喷黄油
If they're cute, only put butter on the top
这样他们看一半还得再来要
so they have to come back for more during the movie.
好吧 为什么
Okay, uh, why?
这样你才能搭讪
So you can chat 'em up.
我不太喜欢聊天
Chat's not really my thing.
太好了
I like it.
我觉得我们能处得来
I think we're gonna get along.
只要你记得我的工作时间比你多三周
As long as you remember I started here three weeks before you,
所以我是前辈 所以我在培训你
so I have seniority, which is why I'm training you.
想想看还挺疯狂的
Which is insane if you think about it,
因为我是两个月前才搬来的
because I just moved here two months ago
我完全不知道自己在做什么
and I have no idea what I'm doing.
我觉得你做得挺好的
I think it's going well.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
这里
Here?
顶峰影院吗 我觉得各种气味儿很有趣
At the Crestmont? I find the various smells fascinating.
不 这座小镇
No, this town.
当然
Right.
我没什么可拿来做比较的
I don't have anything to compare it to.
我这辈子都住这里
I've lived here all my life.
就好像问韩·索罗觉得太空如何
It's like asking Han Solo "How is space?"
你是个货真价实的宅男啊
You're an actual nerd, aren't you?
佩服 做宅男是需要勇气的
I admire that. There's courage in being a nerd.
回见
Catch you later.
爸爸 你那收音机之类的玩意呢
Dad, where's your radio thing?
"收音机之类的玩意"
"My radio thing"?
就是你在院子里
That thing you play CDs on
画画的时候拿来放CD的那个
when you're painting or working in the yard or whatever.
我的手提录音机
My boom box.
真是这么叫的吗
That really what they're called?
是的 现在好像叫老古董
They were. I believe now they're called obsolete.
嗯 在工作间
Yeah, it's in the workshop.
能放卡带吧
It plays tapes, right?
据我所知 是的
It does, last I checked.
今天在学校如何
How were things at school today?
就那样 大家还怪怪的
Same. Everyone's still acting weird.
你呢
And you?
你怎么样了
How are you doing?
我 我...没事
Me? I'm... fine.
我很好
I'm good.
那么 我能用手提录音机吗
So, can I-- I can use the boom box?
当然 手提录音机
Yes, of course. The boom box.
用吧
Go.
但是...有事说
But... keep in touch.
好吗
Okay?
当然 爸爸
Sure thing, Dad.
我是汉娜
It's Hannah.
汉娜·贝克
Hannah Baker.
我去
Holy shit.
不用调整...你在用它收听的播放设备
Don't adjust your... whatever device you're hearing this on.
是我 在鲜活地播放
It's me, live and in stereo.
不会重播 不会安可
No return engagements, no encore,
这次 也绝不接受要求
and this time, absolutely no requests.
拿点零食 坐稳了
Get a snack. Settle in.
因为我要告诉你我的人生故事
Because I'm about to tell you the story of my life.
更准确地说 我的人生为什么结束了
More specifically, why my life ended.
如果你在听带子
And if you're listening to this tape...
你就是其中一个原因
you're one of the reasons why.
我不会说你是在哪盘中进入故事的
I'm not saying which tape brings you into the story.
但别担心 如果你收到了这个盒子
But fear not, if you received this lovely little box,
你的名字就会出现
your name will pop up.
我保证
I promise.
总之 规则很简单
Anyway, the rules here are pretty simple.
-只有两条 -干什么呢
- There are only two. - Whatcha doing?
-天呐 -抱歉
- Jesus! - Sorry.
不是说不时刻盯着我吗 妈妈
What have we said about helicopter parenting, mom?
我没想吓你
I didn't mean to scare you.
你刚刚太投入了 你在听什么
You were just lost in-- what is that you're listening to?
没什么 是历史课用的
It's, uh... it's nothing. It's for history class.
录音带现在算历史物品了
Cassettes are history now?
当然了
Of course they are.
我能听听吗
Can I listen?
不能 挺二的
No, uh, it's dumb.
我去房♥间了 有作业
I'm gonna head up to my room. Homework.
克雷 学校今天又发邮件了
Clay, school emailed again today.
怪不得爸爸对我的生活感兴趣了
Which explains why Dad showed interest in my life.
你俩协调合作时很危险
You two are dangerous when you coordinate.
你知道我不喜欢做那种
You know I hate being the kind of parent
问你是不是想谈谈的妈妈 但是
who asks if you want to talk about anything, but...
如果你想谈谈
if you want to talk about anything...
我和她不是很熟 妈妈
I didn't really know her, Mom.
你们不是一起在顶峰影院工作吗
Didn't you two work together at the Crestmont?
-嗯 就一阵 -你跟她不怎么熟吗
- Yeah, for a little while, but -- - You didn't know her very well?
是啊
Not really.
我得去做作业了
I need to get to work--
-该死 -怎么说话呢
- Shit! - Language.
对不起 我得...做作业去了
I'm sorry. I gotta... I gotta go work.
这玩意两天后就交了 得走了
This thing is due in two days, so I gotta go.
克雷
Clay.
慢点 亲爱的
Slow down, hon.
作业而已
It's just homework.
是啊 谢谢 妈妈
Yeah. Thanks, Mom.
怎么回事
What the hell?
该死
Shit.
我得去托尼家
I have to go to Tony's.
等等 托尼家 现在吗
Hold on, Tony's? Now?
他需要其中一盘带子 我们在合作
He needs one of the tapes. We're working together.
半小时后就开饭了
Dinner's in a half hour.
给我留一盘吧
Make me a plate for later?
如果你要很晚回来发短♥信♥给我
Text me if you're gonna be later than really late.
-好 再见 -再见
- I will. Bye. - Bye.
螺丝起子给我
Hand me the screwdriver.
好
Okay.
-托尼 -克雷
- Tony. - Clay.
-有什么问题吗 -还没有呢
- Something wrong with her? - Nothing wrong yet.
这叫好好打理
It's called taking care of things.
-爸 你记得克雷吧 -当然
- Dad, you remember Clay. - Yeah, sure.
你好啊 克雷
How you doing, Clay?
我很好 谢谢
I'm well, thank you.
克雷 什么事
So, Clay, what's up?
没事 我就
Nothing. I was, uh...
出来骑车
I was out for a ride.
一路骑到镇另一头
On the other side of town?
这样就行了 发动吧
That should do it. Start her up.
-布给我 -我来吧
- Hand me the rag. - I'll do it.
如果调速弄对了 就能听出来
If we got the timing right, we'll hear it.
好 点火
Okay, flip the ignition.
听到了吗 这声音才对
You hear that? That's how it should sound.
-这有不同吗 -当然 你聋了吗
- That sounds different? - Yeah, it's different. Are you deaf?
-跟之前一样 -那你就是聋子
- Sounds the same as before. - Then you are deaf.
这样平滑多了 日夜之差
That's so much smoother. Night and day.
我不觉得 我明白 你也该明白
I don't think so. I know, and you should too.
所以我要教你
That's why I'm showing you this.
好了 熄火吧
Okay, shut her off.
我该走了
I should get out of here.
-不留下吃晚饭了吗 -不了 谢谢
- Sure you don't want to stay for dinner? - No, thanks.
我妈妈做了猪排
My mom's making pork chops.
我要是不赶紧回去 她可能会怕得叫警♥察♥
If I'm not home soon, she'll call the cops or something.
他们又给全体家长发邮件了
They emailed all the parents again.
-我知道 -她留遗书了吗