我们要做的就是帮助我们的病人
All we want to do is help our patients,
但医学院没有教我们
but what they don't teach us in medical school is:
有很多方式会造成伤害
there are so many ways to do harm.
「住院医师」前情提要
Previously on The Resident...
-手术被取消了 -他们不能这么做
- The surgery was canceled. - They can't do that.
不 他们可以
Yes, they can.
你的自尊真的比病人的生命还重要吗
Is your pride really worth more than the life of a patient?
我是外科主任 而你只是住院医师
Chief of Surgery. Resident.
请记住这一点
Try to remember that.
你没有权利扮演上帝 康莱德
You don't have the right to play God, Conrad.
手术一直都是艺术与科学的平衡
There's always art balanced with science.
-你还好吗 -我只是很担心他
- You okay? - Just worried about him.
幸运的是 我是医学界的伦勃朗
Fortunately, I happen to be Rembrandt.
我觉得琳在过度治疗她的病人 包括莉莉
I think Lane's overtreating her patients, including Lily.
我们必须做点什么来阻止琳
We have to do something about Lane.
我们会一起查清♥真♥♥相♥的
We're gonna find out what it is. Together.
我们需要一个医生来管理查斯汀
We need to have a physician running Chastain.
首席执行官现在可以见你了
The CEO will see you now.
猜猜谁休息了
Guess who's on a break?
-我 -没错 你和我
- Me. - Yeah, you and me.
查斯汀能暂时照顾好自己
Chastain can take care of itself right now.
我们的休息时间终于对上了
Our downtime is finally synced up.
久违了
It has been a while.
病人们都很好 有事会呼叫我
Patients are fine, a quick page away,
所以我自作主张
which is why I've taken it upon myself
弄来了这些好东西
to acquire these beauties.
时间所限...
In the interest of time...
我们的总住院医师 本杰明医生
Our chief resident, Dr. Benjamin,
正在丹佛参加医学会议
is at a medical convention in Denver.
这是他办公室的钥匙
These keys are to his office.
有沙发和带锁的门
With a sofa and a locking door?
有淋浴间和带锁的门
A shower and a locking door.
BGM: Jungle by Happy Man
♪ Buy yourself a dream ♪
♪ How's it looking? ♪
♪ Buy yourself a car ♪
♪ And a house to live in ♪
♪ Get yourself a girl ♪
♪ Someone different ♪
♪ Buy yourself a dream ♪
♪ And it won't mean nothing ♪
别管它
Just leave it.
该死
Damn it.
我的还是你的
Mine or yours?
我的
Mine.
紧急情况
911.
♪ It all could be different ♪
♪ Time to do something new ♪
♪ I've given everything ♪
♪ I want to be a happy man, too ♪
神秘爱慕者送的吗
Secret admirer?
有人吃醋了吗
Someone's getting jealous?
这些花是送给你的
They're for you,
但花店的菲比确实对我很感兴趣
but Phoebe in the flower shop does have eyes for me.
我利用调情获得了折扣
I may have flirted my way to a discount.
-菲比 是吗 -是的
- Phoebe, huh? - Yeah.
亚裔混血...
Half Asian girl with...
声音尖细 香水刺鼻
High-pitched voice, drenched in perfume.
我认识菲比 而且...
I know Phoebe, and...
我欣赏她的作品 但这没必要
I admire her work, but this was unnecessary.
我完美缝合的心脏可不这么想
Well, my perfectly stitched heart begs to differ.
你能留下来吗
Can you stay?
我也希望能留下来 但我有个病人
I wish I could, but I have a case.
新生儿
Newborn,
心脏畸形 仅有核桃般大小
sick heart the size of a walnut.
必须改道血流才能让她获得供氧
We have to reroute blood flow so she can get oxygen.
她的病情风险极高
She's extremely high risk.
她活下去的几率有多大
What are her odds?
梅布尔的部分心脏发育不全
Part of Mabel's heart is underdeveloped.
缺损比我们预想得更加严重
The defect is more severe than we thought.
不进行手术的话 最多还能活两天
Without surgery, two days tops.
进行手术的话 她还有活下来的机会
With surgery, she's got a real shot.
但机会也不大
Yeah, a long shot.
汤姆斯先生 你的妻子将这对漂亮的双胞胎
Mr. Thoms, your wife brought these beautiful twins
一同带到了这个世界
into this world together.
我的任务 是让他们在几小时后重聚
It is my mission to reunite them in a few hours,
而我并不悲观
and I am not in a losing mood.
我很少会悲观
Rarely am I.
我有点头晕
I feel dizzy.
保持镇定
Hey, stay calm.
好吗 保持镇定 保持冷静
Okay? Just stay calm. Stay cool.
你的脉搏快得离谱 看着我
Your pulse is ridiculously high. Look at me.
你可不能在我把梅布尔带回
We can't have you stroking out before I bring Mabel back
她哥哥马特身边之前就倒下 听到了吗
to her brother Matt, you hear me?
马上会有人来帮你
Help is on the way.
-走吧 -好
- Let's go. - Okay.
今天 亚特兰大一位曾经杰出的肿瘤学家
Today, a once-prominent Atlanta oncologist,
当地医生被控谋杀罪
琳·亨特医生 因一项谋杀罪
Dr. Lane Hunter, was arraigned on one charge of murder
和十二项保险欺诈罪及洗钱罪被提审
and 12 charges of insurance fraud and money laundering.
亨特医生被控欺诈罪和谋杀罪
Dr. Hunter is accused of fraud and murder.
她给癌症病人提供虚假的医疗信息
She provided false medical information to cancer patients
导致他们在不必要的化疗上
in order to charge them thousands of dollars
花费了数千美元
in unnecessary chemotherapy.
你洗了澡吗
Did you take a shower?
别管我
Don't worry about it.
你在哪儿洗的
Where did you take a shower?
汤姆斯先生 我是霍金斯医生
Mr. Thoms, Dr. Hawkins,
这是...
this is Dr....
普瓦什医生 我妻子进急诊室时我们见过
Pravesh. We met in the ER when my wife came in.
-她怎么样了 -她在休息
- How's she doing? - She's resting.
我很快会再去检查她的情况
And I'm gonna head back down shortly again and check on her.
我们是来确保你没事的
We stopped by to make sure you're feeling okay.
血压有点高吗
BP a little high?
请坐
Have a seat.
你感到心悸吗
Any palpitations?
我的新生女儿在手术室
My baby girl's in the OR,
新生儿子一直在哭 妻子差点因分娩而死
my baby boy won't stop crying, labor almost killed my wife.
而现在她在重症监护室
Now she's in the ICU.
没错 我感到心悸
Yes. Palpitations.
血压180/120
BP's 180/120.
按正常程序 你应该被送去
Normal protocol would be to send you down
急诊室接受观察
to the ER for observation.
我绝不会离开我儿子
There's no way in hell I'm leaving my son.
我们明白
Oh, we get it,
但有一条规定
but there's a rule
禁止爸爸们在新生儿重症监护室里心脏病发作
against dads having heart attacks in the NICU.
让我们给你查个血 做个心电图
Let us run some labs, get an EKG, start you
开些高血压药 确保那不会发生
on some blood pressure meds, make sure that doesn't happen.
怎么样
What do you say?
-好吧 -可以吗
- Okay. - Yeah?
-可以 -好
- Okay. - All right.
我想去看看我妻子
I want to check in on my wife.
普瓦什医生
Dr. Pravesh.
梅勒妮 欢迎回来
Melanie. Welcome back.
你吓坏我们了
You gave us quite a scare.
你在分娩过程中大量失血
You lost a lot of blood during delivery.
你感觉怎么样
How are you feeling?
我的宝宝们怎么样 梅布尔怎么样
How are my babies? Mabel?
如你所知 梅布尔有左心发育不全综合征
As you know, Mabel has hypoplastic left heart syndrome.
产前影像能提供的信息有限
Prenatal imaging can only tell us so much,
所以直到她出生后我们才了解到
so we didn't know the severity of her heart deformity
她心脏畸形的严重程度
until she was born.
她还好吗
Is she okay?
我还没有见过她
I haven't even met her yet.
她一出生就要进行手术
Soon after birth, she was taken into surgery,
但我向你保证 她会受到最好的照顾
but I assure you that she is in the best possible hands.
美剧 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表