父母给了我一只小鸭子
my parents gave me a baby duck.
我叫它幸运
I named him Lucky.
最好有下文 温蒂
This better go somewhere, Wendy.
等等
Hang on.
我很怕我的小鸭子会出事
I was so afraid that something would happen
于是上哪儿都带着他
to my little baby duck, I took him with me everywhere.
说真的 我是个处于崩溃边缘的女人
Seriously, I'm a woman on the edge.
它在后院有个笼子 但我担心
He had a cage in the backyard, but I was worried
土狼会吃了它 所以我带它跟我一起睡觉
coyotes would eat him, so I brought him to bed with me.
然后呢
And?
然后 我睡觉时不小心压到了它身上
And... I accidentally rolled on top of him in my sleep,
我可怜的幸运就这样没了
and that was it for poor Lucky.
你的意思是我关心我儿子可能会杀了他
So you're saying I could kill my son by caring about him?
我觉得她以可爱的方式表达的是
I think she's saying, in her own adorable way...
谢谢
Thank you.
有可能你太爱一样东西了
...that it is possible to love something too much.
你真的觉得我不该跟那男人见面了
You really think I need to stop seeing that guy?
等等 吉尔
Hang on, Jill.
他妻子周二才回来呢
I mean, his wife's not back till Tuesday.
克丽丝蒂 你可不可能
Christy, is there a chance
从母爱变成了溺爱
that you're going past mothering into smothering?
玛乔丽 就因为这话押韵
You know, Marjorie, just because it rhymes
不代表这是好建议
doesn't make it good advice.
我想说这话很久了
Oh, I've been wanting to say that for so long.
你携带了许多
You're carrying around so much anger
对你妈妈和儿子的愤怒
about your mother, about your son.
你想过去酒瘾者家庭互助会吗
Have you thought of trying Al-Anon?
我不想去酒瘾者家庭互助会
I don't want to go to Al-Anon.
那里的人就一直抱怨
All those people do is bitch and moan.
好吧 我来说
All right, I'll say it.
你会融入其中的
You'll fit right in!
我觉得如果你专注于自己
I just think it would help you put your focus on yourself
而不是无法控制的事 这会对你有所帮助
instead of the things you can't control.
难以置信
Unbelievable.
我带着对孩子的关切来找你们
I come to you with serious concerns about my child,
而且你们让我参加更多会议 说死鸭子的故事
and you give me more meetings and dead ducks.
只有一只死鸭子 而且它有名字的
It was just one dead duck, and he had a name!
怎么了
What?
没什么
Nothing.
只是
It's just...
我戒瘾后 开始明白
When I got sober, I began to understand
我喝酒时对孩子们造成的伤害
the damage that I'd done to my kids while I was drinking.
这困扰着我
And it haunts me.
我每天都为此自责
I beat myself up about it every day.
我想知道你没有那些感受
And so I just wonder what it must be like for you
你是什么感觉
to not have any of those feelings about yourself.
还好啊
It's okay.
-儿子 -嘿
- Hey, bud. u202d- Hey.
我们聊完了 但我想
We're all done, but I'd love to talk
跟你俩聊一会儿
to the two of you for a few minutes.
罗斯科 你可以在这里等着
Roscoe, you can wait here.
一个人吗
By himself?
我看到了
Yeah, I saw it.
请进吧
Please.
我跟罗斯科聊了几次
So I've talked to Roscoe a few times now,
还跟他的一些老师聊过了
and I've also spoken to some of his teachers,
我相信他没有吸毒问题
and I feel confident that he does not have a drug problem.
太棒了
Oh, that's terrific.
一个真正的医生说他没问题
An actual doctor says he doesn't have a problem.
你是真正的医生吧
You are an actual doctor, right?
是的
I am.
我这样问是因为在加州
I'm only asking 'cause in California
什么人都能挂牌开业
any clown can hang a shingle.
你这是根据什么 罗斯科的说法吗
What are you basing that on, what Roscoe says?
他可能对你撒谎 就像对我们撒谎一样
He can lie to you just like he lied to us.
是的 但我做这行很久了
That's true, but I've been doing this a long time.
我还戒瘾22年了 我觉得
I've also been sober for 22 years, and I think that
罗斯科的情况是典型的试验
what we're seeing with Roscoe is typical experimentation.
12岁的孩子抽大♥麻♥可不典型
A 12-year-old smoking pot hardly seems typical.
那不如你以为的那么非同寻常
It's not as unusual as you might think.
你抽大♥麻♥时也就12岁
You were 12.
我11岁 你这样可没有帮助
I was 11, and you're not helping.
怎么 你指望我回家
So, what, you expect me to go home
假装这没什么大不了吗
and pretend this is no big deal?
-我觉得拉♥萨♥尔医生的意思是 -喂
- I think what Dr. LaSalle is saying... - u202dHey!
我每小时花150元不是为了听你的话的
I'm not spending $150 an hour to hear from you.
你能跟我保证
Can you promise me that
这不会导致更大的问题吗
this isn't gonna lead to a bigger problem down the line?
我不能
No, I can't.
但我能告诉你 你儿子在很努力地
But I can tell you that your son's trying very hard
重建跟你的信任
to rebuild his trust with you.
要想获得我的信任需要很长时间
Well, it takes a long time to get my trust back.
我这到了三十年了
I'm going into my third decade.
克丽丝蒂 我明白你经历的事
Christy, I know what you're going through.
我丈夫和我也有青少年
My husband and I have teenagers ourselves.
世界很可怕
It's a scary world,
你想保护孩子们免受一切伤害
and you want to protect them from everything.
但有的时候你只能跟紧了
But sometimes all you can do is stay close
让他们找到自己的路
and let them find their own way.
说得好
Well put.
既然我们来了
Hey, while we're here,
我一直在做一个梦 我在一个
I've been having a recurring dream where I'm at a...
大型宴会上 有许多重要人物
a big fancy banquet, and there are a lot of important people there,
但我怎么也找不到尿尿的地方
but I can't for the life of me find a place to pee.
你觉得那是什么意思啊
What do you think that means?
妈妈 罗斯科
Mom! Roscoe.
抱歉 我还以为他的事聊完了
Oh, sorry, I thought we were done with him.
罗斯科 在这里等着
Roscoe, wait here.
你进去前我要跟你♥爸♥爸谈谈
I'm gonna talk to your dad before you go in.
你是说冲他吼吗
You mean yell at him?
你宁愿我冲你吼吗
Would you rather I yell at you?
你慢慢来
Take your time.
放下
Put those down.
你也要冲我吼吗
Are you gonna yell at me, too?
不 我觉得你妈妈吼了我们两个人的份了
No. I think your mom's done enough of that for both of us.
我只是想知道你怎么样
I just want to know how you're doing.
大家一直都这样问我
Everybody keeps asking me that.
我没事
I'm fine.
知道吗 那也许是真的
You know what, that's probably true.
我觉得你没事
I think you are fine.
是吗
You do?
是啊
Yeah.
你最大的问题就是你来自一个疯狂的家庭
Your biggest problem is you come from a crazy family.
看在老天的分上 克丽丝蒂
Oh, for God's sakes, Christy!
我不要在他房♥间里装监控录像
I'm not putting a surveillance camera in his room!
你有理由对你♥爸♥妈生气
And you have every reason to be mad at your mom and dad.
甚至是我
And even me.
有时候我的确生气
I am kind of sometimes.
我完全理解
I totally get it.
我大半辈子都在对世界生气
I spent most of my life pissed off at the world.
所以我磕嗨 做出糟糕的决定
So I got high, I made bad choices,
然后磕更嗨 来忘掉糟糕的决定
and then I got even higher to forget the bad choices.
你妈妈也差不多
Your mom wasn't much different.
她生我的气 所以她做了许多蠢事
She was mad at me, so she did a lot of dumb things.
谢天谢地我俩都重振旗鼓了
Thank God both of us got our lives together.
是的 地窖里有红酒 冰箱里有啤酒
Yes, there's wine in the cellar, beer in the fridge,
多亏了你 药柜里也有镇定剂
and thanks to you, Xanax in the medicine cabinet!
我的重点是
My point is...
你能做的最好的事就是化愤怒
the best thing you can do is take your anger
为积极的东西
and turn it into something positive.