It's a journal.
这也没法帮你洗白
That is not helping your case.
我的互助对象告诉我 我需要
Yeah, well, my sponsor told me I needed a way
安全宣泄感情的方法
to safely express my emotions. Wow.
兴致全无
And the mood is killed.
回头给你打电♥话♥
I'll call you later.
好吧
Okay.
再见
Bye...?
好吧
Well...
对她敞开心扉
opening up my heart to her...
是个错误
was a mistake.
你期待见到维奥莉特未来的婆婆吗
You looking forward to meeting Violet's future mother-in-law?
实际上是的
Actually, I am.
坚持戒酒的好处是
Great thing about being sober for a while
我现在更有自信了
is I've got more confidence now.
你该如此
Well, you should.
是啊 我不想骄傲
Yeah. I don't mean to be cocky,
但我有火花
but I kind of have a sparkle.
火花
A sparkle?
也许是微光 可能是微光
Maybe it's a twinkle; could be a twinkle.
你打算给她做什么
So what are you gonna cook for her?
又是吉尔
Oh. Jill again.
前夫的问题
Problems with her ex.
我打算做传统的犹太晚餐
Anyway, I'm making a traditional Jewish dinner:
里脊牛排 三角馄饨和烤布丁
Flanken, kreplach, and kugel.
天啊
Oh, my.
那是什么
What is it?
我搜"犹太晚餐"时跳出来的前几样东西
The first thing that came up when I Googled Jewish dinner.
又是吉尔吗
Jill again?
是乔迪
Jodi.
我爱她 但是
I love her, but, man,
之前吸毒的人真能聊
ex-meth heads are so chatty.
而且拼写超烂
And they are terrible spellers.
你为什么不直接关机
Why don't you just turn your phone off?
我不能这样做 我是她的互助对象 她需要我
I can't do that. I'm her sponsor, she needs me.
我懂 但你还是得设定界限
I get it, but you still need to set boundaries.
说起来容易做起来难
Easy to say, hard to do.
不算难
Not really.
给我打电♥话♥ 我做给你看
Call me, I'll show you.
好吧
Okay.
还有什么事 工作怎么样
So what else is going on? How's work?
等等 你不接吗
Wait, aren't you gonna answer it?
不 因为我在跟我的朋友克丽丝蒂见面
No, 'cause I'm visiting with my friend Christy
我要专注于她
and I'm gonna give her all my attention.
但是 如果电♥话♥里的克丽丝蒂需要你呢
But... what if phone Christy needs you?
如果她处于某种危机之中呢
What if she's in some kind of crisis?
她总是处于危机之中
She's always in some kind of crisis.
稍等 语♥音♥消息
Hang on, voice mail.
玛乔丽 我想告诉你
Hi, Marjorie, I just want you to know
你伤害了我的感情 我就快自杀了
you hurt my feelings and I'm borderline suicidal.
这就是能等的事的例子
See, that's an example of the kind of thing that can wait.
我不知道该做什么
I don't know what to do.
史蒂夫逼我们成为真正的情侣
Steve is pushing for us to be a real couple.
晚餐 电影 牵手什么的
You know, dinners, movies, holding hands and stuff.
他是个禽兽 甩了他
He's a monster, dump him.
你不懂
You don't get it.
如果我们开始那样做 我就被锁定了
We start doing all that and I'm locked in.
-所以呢 -如果更好的人出现了
- Yeah, so? - So what if somebody better comes along
而我在公园里傻傻散步呢
while I'm having a dorky walk in the park?
妈 我必须发自内心地
Mom, from the bottom of my heart,
对你说句话
I just got to tell you--
你的问题很愚蠢
your problems are stupid.
烤制布丁好了
That's my kugel.
我聆听了你的问题
Hey, I listen to your problems.
昨天你叨叨了半小时
Last night you jabbered on for a half hour
说着你刘海的长度
on the length of your bangs.
必须发泄 玛乔丽不接电♥话♥
Had to. Marjorie wasn't picking up.
她说得对 我的确是小题大做
She's right, I do make everything a crisis.
你怎么区分烤制布丁和里脊牛排
How do you tell the difference between the kugel and the flanken?
在中间放上三角馄饨
You put the kreplach between 'em. Ah.
史蒂夫 你把我逼疯了
Oh, Steve, you're driving me crazy.
关掉手♥机♥吧
Just turn off your phone.
可以这样做吧
You can do that?
我就这样做了 这叫设置界限
I did. It's called setting boundaries.
好 关机
All right, phone off.
妈 我们来了
Mom, we're here.
我来了 记住
Coming. Now remember,
我们是好人 我们爱对方
we're nice people and we love each other.
我试试看
I'll give it a shot.
欢迎来到我们家
Welcome to our home.
在这里好人相亲相爱
Where nice people love each other.
克丽丝蒂 邦妮 这是我妈妈菲丽丝
Christy, Bonnie, this is my mother, Phyllis.
-你好吗 -很高兴认识你
- Hello, how do you do? - Nice to meet you. Hi.
很高兴认识你们 你就是妈妈啊
Nice to meet you. So you're the mother?
你16岁时生的维奥莉特吗
What, you had Violet when you were 16?
不 是17岁
No, 17.
17岁半
And a half.
我16岁时生的她
I had her when I was 16.
好吧
All right.
我16岁时在夏令营划独木舟
When I was 16, I was at summer camp rowing a canoe.
这故事真棒 妈
Great story, Ma.
多谢你们邀请我们过来
Thank you so much for having us over.
很荣幸
Our pleasure.
我带了一瓶好酒
And I brought a nice bottle of wine.
谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
你知道我们不喝酒吧
You do know we don't drink, right?
我知道 这是给我准备的
Oh, yeah, I know. It's for me.
现在就打开
Open it now.
这俩人订婚时
Well, no one was more surprised than I was
没人比我更惊讶
when these two got engaged.
格雷戈里很久没有女友了
I mean, Gregory hasn't had a girlfriend since...
她叫什么来着 有牙齿的那个
What was her name? The one with the teeth.
我不知道 她们都有牙齿
I don't know, Ma. They all had teeth.
瑞秋 瑞秋·莱文
Rachel. Rachel Levine.
我喜欢她 你还有收到她消息吗
I liked her. You ever hear from her?
没有 我没收到任何前女友的消息
No. I-I don't hear from any of my ex-girlfriends.
任何前女友
EX-girlfriends.
听听汤姆·琼斯说的话
Listen to Tom Jones over here.
别担心 维奥莉特
Don't you worry, Violet.
只有一个前女友
There was only the one.
我在吃的是什么
So, what is this I'm eating?
是里脊牛排
It's flanken.
才不是
No, it's not.
但你肯尝试真好
But it was sweet of you to try.
你想再喝点酒吗 穆奇尼克太太
Would you like some more wine, Mrs. Munchnik?
谢谢 拜托 邦妮
Oh, thank you. And, please, Bonnie,
我们只差几岁 叫我菲丽丝
we're only a few years apart-- call me Phyllis.
-你想念酒吗 -喂
- So, do you miss the booze? - Oy.
怎么了 我很好奇
What? I'm curious.
我从没见到过酒瘾者
I've never met an alcoholic.
阿蒂舅舅呢
What about Uncle Artie?
去
Zsz-zsz-zsz.
我弟弟亚瑟不是酒瘾者
My brother Arthur was not an alcoholic.
他只是不知道什么时候该停止喝酒
He just didn't know when to stop drinking.
那不就是...
Isn't that essentially...
去
Zsz-zsz-zsz.
抱歉
Excuse me.
看她的小屁♥股♥ 我讨厌她
Look at that tiny tush. I hate her.
我得在这里住几天
Hey. I gotta stay here for a couple days.
我们家有客人
Yeah, we have guests.
抱歉 我给你发了超多短♥信♥ 但你没回