-让点 新来的 -抱歉
- Move it, newbis. - Sorry.
他怎么知道我们是新来的
How did he know we are new?
或许是我们都战战兢兢
Maybe because we are covering in fear.
那是你的想法
Speak for yourselves.
我等不及要见总住院医师了
I can't wait to meet our chief resident.
有传言说她是个狠角色
Rumor has it she's a real hard-ass.
那肯定就是她了
That must be her.
狮子
天哪 她好吓人
Oh, God, she's terrifying.
你们好
Hello, everyone.
你们肯定就是内科住院医师吧
You must be the internal medicine residents.
是的 女士 我们准备好了
Yes, ma'am. Here and ready.
天哪 很高兴见到你们
Oh, gosh. What a pleasure to meet you.
我们轮流自我介绍一下吧
Should we go around and introduce ourselves?
好主意 我叫丹尼尔·库彻
Excellent idea. I'm Daniel Kutcher.
上的是杜克大学
I went to Duke,
在新英格兰医学期刊上发表过文章
and I've published in The New England Journal of Medicine.
两次
Two times.
很厉害
Very impressive.
我是莱克茜·吉拉尼
Uh, I'm Lexie Gilani.
我就在这南加州长大
I grew up here in Southern California.
我养过一只狗叫杜克
I had a dog named Duke
我成功地在它身上诊断出犬细小病毒
that I successfully diagnosed with parvo.
它死了
He died.
我很紧张
I'm very nervous.
我叫凯勒布·萨默斯
I'm Caleb Sommers.
男性
He/Him.
我刚从危地马拉回来
I just returned from Guatemala,
我在那里的雨林里行医
where I practiced medicine in the rain forest
我还感染了绦虫
and I got a tapeworm.
真是一群与众不同的人
What an exceptional group of people.
我是卡萝尔·肯尼
I'm Carol Kenney.
我对继发性感染很感兴趣
I'm very into secondary infections,
很高兴能到这里
and I am so excited to be here!
我们现在就可以查房♥了吗
Will we be starting rounds right away?
希望如此 我等这一天已经很久了
I hope so. I've waited a long time for this day.
等很久当上总住院医师吗
A long time to be... chief resident?
我吗
Me?
你以为我是总住院医师吗
You think I'm chief resident?
不 不 今天是我的第一天
No! No, this is my first day.
我是实习生 就和你们一样
I'm an intern, just like you.
但是你手里拿着写字夹板
But you have a clipboard.
没错 我喜欢写字板
Yes. I love clipboards.
但是你穿着长大褂 和住院医师一样
But you have a long coat, like a resident.
这不是长大褂
Oh, it's not a long coat.
我只是个子矮
I'm just short.
但是你...
But you're...
老一点 没错 我知道
Older. Yes, I know.
这是我的第二个职业
Yeah. This is my second career.
我是说 我一直都想当名医生
I mean, I always wanted to be a doctor,
但时间不知不觉就溜走了
but life got away from me.
你之前陷入昏迷了吗
Were you in a coma?
没有
No.
我很早就结婚生子了
Got married young, had kids,
我在高中教过科学
taught high school science.
为什么上医学院
So, why med school?
我打赌输了
I lost a bet.
不是 我开玩笑的
No, I'm kidding.
我的婚姻破裂了
My marriage fell apart.
我老公离开我去寻找自我了
My husband went off to find himself,
现在他睡在他姐姐的沙发上
and now he's sleeping on his sister's futon,
而我现在是名医生 所以生活还是很美好的
and I'm a doctor, so life is good.
要是你是实习生 那总住院医师到底在哪
So, if you're an intern, then where's the chief resident?
给24号♥房♥病人注射万古霉素
Start the patient in 24 on vancomycin,
马上准备中心静脉导管
and order a CVC stat.
八号♥房♥需要一套脊椎穿刺工具
I need a spinal tap kit in room eight
十号♥和十一号♥房♥需要深静脉穿刺工具 早上好
and a central line in rooms ten and 11, and good morning.
我是玛雅·雅各布 你们的总住院医师
I am Dr. Maya Jacobs, your chief resident.
你好 雅各布医生
Hey, Dr. Jacobs.
他们还以为我是你 很好笑吧
They thought I was you. Isn't that funny?
很好笑
Very.
内科医师们
Internal medicine residents,
欢迎来到洛约拉纪念医院
welcome to Loyola Memorial Hospital.
今天 你们就是医生了
Today, you are doctors.
我的天 我好兴奋啊
Oh, my God, it's so exciting, I just...
今年将会是你们最难熬的一年
This year will be the hardest of your life.
学习过程非常艰难 时间也非常紧迫
The learning curve is steep, and the hours are demanding.
很多住院医师都坚持不下来
Many residents don't survive.
有人放弃 或更糟 沦为牙医
Some quit or, worse, become dentists.
老天
Geez.
你有什么想说的吗
You have a comment?
对不起
I'm sorry.
我不是有意打断你的
Did not mean to interrupt.
只是用恐惧激励人是很糟糕的方法
It's just that fear is a terrible way to motivate people.
我当过老师 我发现
I-I was a teacher, and I found that
我的学生最喜欢被鼓励
my students responded best to encouragement.
这绝对很有神经科学的道理
And, you know, neuroscience is completely behind this. Oh.
医学界最权威的学术刊物之一
我在《柳叶刀》上读过一篇很棒的文章
I read a great article in The Lancet.
我之后发给你
I will send it to you.
你需要我的登录信息
You're gonna need my log-in.
用户名是卡萝尔肯肯 密♥码♥是63年妈妈当医生
Username is CarolKenKen, and password is MamaDoc63.
我是你的老大
I am your boss,
不是你的朋友
not your friend.
我在这有两个原因
I'm here for two reasons:
一是教你们如何拯救生命
to teach you how to save lives
二是决定你们中谁能成为医生
and to determine which of you can cut it
谁将被淘汰
and which of you can't.
我们走吧
Let's move.
她说这些的时候是不是看着我
Was she looking at me when she said that?
她是看着我说的 她走的真快
She looked right at me. Wow, she is fast.
又是一群新来的实习生
Ah, new crop of interns.
是只有我 还是他们每年都更年轻了呢
Is it just me, or do they get younger every year?
不只是你 弗洛斯特医生
Not just you, Dr. Frost.
我觉得其中一人还带着妈妈来了
I think one of them brought their mom.
病人是38岁男性
Patient is a 38-year-old male,
一场小车祸四天后入院
admitted four days after a minor car accident,
抱怨说感到疲累和头疼
complaining of fatigue and headaches.
有什么既往病史呢 萨默斯医生
What are his related health factors, Dr. Sommers?
似乎有偏头痛史
Uh, looks like a history of migraines?
正确 下次准备充分
Correct. Next time, be prepared.
躲着她就不会被骂
She can't yell at what she can't see.
你觉得他的偏头痛和这有关系
You think his migraines have something to do with this?
给你 我一直都会多带一支
Here. Here you go. I always carry a spare.
我邻居菲利斯在日本给我买♥♥的中性笔
Aw. The gel pen my neighbor Phyllis got me in Japan.
你的偏头痛有什么具体的症状呢
And how do your migraines typically present?
头晕
Dizziness.
看见五颜六色的光
I get those flashy lights.
叫什么来着
Wh-What are they called?
光 光晕
Aur... Auras.
我叔叔也有类似的偏头痛
Yeah, my uncle had migraines like that.
一般和压力有关
They're commonly stress-related, and...
长话短说
Long story short,
瑜伽缓解了他的偏头痛
yoga helped him with his migraines
但没能帮他戒酒 后来他死了
but not with his alcoholism, and he died.
下一步 库彻医生
Next steps. Dr. Kutcher.
可能的原因包括硬膜下血肿
Probable causes include subdural hematoma,
里脑畸形
Chiari malformation.
先做个头部CT和血液检查吧
Start with a head CT and blood work.
非常好 库彻医生
Excellent, Dr. Kutcher.
这才是查房♥时该说的话
That is how, and when, to speak on rounds.
美剧 | 人生第二春 | 导航列表