Imagine you go into the hospital for a routine surgery
醒来发现护士压在你身上
and you wake up to find your nurse on top of you,
在对你性骚扰
sexually assaulting you.
你的生殖器暴露在外
Your genitals, exposed.
想象一下那种耻辱 那种绝望
Imagine the degradation, the humiliation.
那就是查徳·曼宁
That's what Chad Manning felt
在最脆弱时遭琼妮·塞缪尔斯强♥奸♥的感受
when Jolene Samuels raped him at his most vulnerable.
查徳·曼宁没有说实话 但我会说
Chad Manning is not telling you the truth, but I will.
琼妮·塞缪尔斯不是强♥奸♥犯
Jolene Samuels is not a rapist.
她都不曾与曼宁先生有过性关系
She didn't even have sex with Mr. Manning.
甚至 这个案子 明显就是
This case, rather, is clearly about
曼宁先生试图给我当事人的雇主施压
Mr. Manning trying to pressure
要他们付钱的手段
my client's employer into a financial payout.
因为琼妮
Because Jolene...
是女性而查徳是男性
...is a woman and Chad is a man.
但我要各位忘记关于强♥奸♥的成见
But I'm gonna ask you to forget everything you know about rape.
是令人发指的行为
...is a heinous act
每年有无数受害者遭受侵害
suffered by hundreds of thousands of victims yearly,
琼妮也照顾过其中一些
some of whom Jolene has cared for.
这不是关于性的犯罪
This is a crime not about sex.
它关乎强权
It's about power.
每个人都有可能是受害者
And anyone can be a victim...
没有事实根据的诽谤性论断
...of slanderous allegations that are unfounded
很有可能损害她的工作
and could very well endanger her livelihood.
因此 你们应该认定琼妮·塞缪尔斯有罪
For that reason, you should find Jolene Samuels guilty.
是无罪
Not guilty.
我口误了 抱歉
That was a slip. Excuse me.
我的观点是 琼妮·塞缪尔斯是无辜的
My point being, Jolene Samuels is innocent.
我们会证明那一点
We will prove that to you.
她不是安娜丽丝
So, she's no Annalise.
基廷夫人不是这个案子的首席律师了吗
So Ms. Keating is not the lead lawyer on this case anymore?
她身体不舒服
She's under the weather.
温特波顿女士 我为医院工作
Ms. Winterbottom, I work for the hospital.
如果你输掉案子
If you lose this case,
会让我们面临巨额民事赔偿
you open us up to an extremely large civil suit.
开庭陈述做得太差了
That opening statement was an abomination.
这种事不会再发生了 我保证
It won't happen again. I guarantee that.
好律师都清楚
A good lawyer knows that there's no such thing
庭上没什么事能保证的
as a guarantee in a courtroom.
所以表现更好点吧
So just do better.
格兰姆斯一声 曼宁先生报告性♥虐♥那天
Dr. Grimes, you examined Mr. Manning
是你给他检查身体的吗
the day he reported the sexual abuse?
是据称的性♥虐♥
Alleged abuse.
据称的性♥虐♥
Alleged sexual abuse.
是的
That's correct.
你发现曼宁先生身体有淤青
And you noted bruising to Mr. Manning?
他左侧睾丸有大面♥积♥淤青
He had a large bruise on his left testicle,
是性侵犯造成的
resulting from the sexual attack.
证人给你了
Your witness.
您能把高亮段落读一下吗
Could you please read this highlighted section
这是曼宁先生的病例表
from Mr. Manning's patient chart?
上面说他手术前用了什么药呢
What medication does it say he was given before surgery?
肝素钠 是血液稀释剂
Heparin -- it's a blood thinner.
你能确定血液稀释剂
And can you confirm that blood thinners
众所周知可以在手术后造成淤青吗
are known to cause bruising post-surgery?
-是的 但 -淤青
- Yes, but -- - bruising which
是很容易蔓延到睾丸上的
could have easily spread towards his testicles.
- 我不会说"容易" -但是有可能的
- I wouldn't say "easily." - But it could happen?
是的
Yes.
没有其他问题了
Nothing further.
公诉人有目击证人
The prosecution has an eyewitness
声称他看到了琼妮强♥奸♥查徳
that claims he saw Jolene raping Chad.
有人享受了免费窥视秀啊
Someone got a free peep show.
我们得像办法质疑目击证人的可信度
We need some way to discredit this witness.
弗兰克
Frank?
我们要怎么救内特出监狱呢
How are we going to get Nate out of jail?
-劳拉让你来问的吗 -不是
- Laurel put you up to this? - No.
我问是因为我们把一个无辜的人丢进了监狱
I'm asking because we put an innocent man in jail
而我想安娜丽丝不会没有
and I'm assuming Annalise wouldn't do that
准备救他出来的计划 对吗
without a plan in place to get him off, right?
至少劳拉问我蠢问题时
At least Laurel's charming
还是很可爱的
when she asks me stupid questions.
住嘴吧 她来了
Now shut up. Here she comes.
罗莎琳小姐
Miss Rosalynn?
你几月前曾跟一个叫詹姆斯·斯莫利的人约会
You were dating a man named James Smalley several months ago
当时他在米德尔顿医院做了手术 对吗
when he had surgery at Middleton Hospital, correct?
斯莫利先生 是你的前女友
Mr. Smalley, is it true your ex-girlfriend
在你住院时照顾你的 对吗
took care of you during your hospital stay?
罗莎琳
Rosalynn?
是的 但那贱♥人♥说什么都别信
Yeah, but don't believe anything that bitch says.
先生
Sir!
所以我们不应该相信
So we shouldn't believe her
她所说的你在手术中出现过
when she told us that you suffered a T.I.A.
-暂时性脑缺氧这件事吗 -反对
- during your surgery? - Objection.
这是正当程序 跟他的证词有关
Due process -- it's relevant to his testimony.
反对无效
Overruled.
所以那天 你的医生
So, did your doctors report
有报告你出现暂时性脑缺氧症状吗
that you had a T.I.A. that day?
有
Yes.
暂时性脑缺氧是小中风
A T.I.A. is a small stroke.
可能的伴随症状包括失忆
Possible side effects include memory loss,
视力障碍 方向感迷失
vision impairment, and disorientation,
所有这些都可以解释
all of which could explain
斯莫利先生认为自己看到了不存在的事的原因
why Mr. Smalley would have thought he saw something he didn't.
证人可以退庭了
The witness can be excused.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
你不能把山姆的西装拿走
You can't just take Sam's suits.
别告诉我你要给他那个姐姐留着
Don't tell me you saving them for that sister of his.
她已经在附近摆着那张
Has she been skulking around
"我闻到坏事"脸查探很久了吧
with that "I smelled something bad" face yet?
我只是还没准备好丢掉他的东西
I'm not ready to get rid of his things just yet.
-这些衣服很好 不能浪费掉 -住手
- These suits are too good to go to waste. - Stop it.
特鲁尼斯找工作时可以穿
Thelonius can use them for his job search.
我说了住手
I said stop it!
这些是某人的私有财产
These are a man's possessions.
不是什么廉价的二手货
They're not just cheap hand-me-downs
要你装在济贫箱里送去教堂的
that you put in the poor box at church.
你多骄傲 济贫箱里的二手货配不上你
You're too proud for hand-me-downs from the poor box.
济贫箱里的二手货谁也
Everyone is too good for hand-me-downs
配不上 妈妈
in the poor box, mama.
又要老调重弹了吗
Oh, you want to sing that song again?
算了吧
Forget it.
那时候我们的房♥子被烧成了平地
Our house burned down to the ground,
烧的毛都不剩
and we were left with nothing.
但也没让你蓬头垢面挨过饿
And still your face was clean, your belly was fed,
也没让你光屁♥股♥没衣服穿
and your butt was covered.
我照顾了你
I took care of you.
我保护了你
I protected you.
是吗
Did you?
你说什么
What did you say?
没什么
Nothing.
少给我顶嘴 安娜梅
Don't sass me, Anna Mae.
安娜丽丝
Annalise.
安娜梅是个很美的名字
Anna Mae is a beautiful name.
妈妈 我说过多少次了让你叫我
Mama, how many times have I asked you to call me --
-这是第一次 -不 这绝不是
- This is the first time -- - No, this is not the first time!
第一次当面说
First time in person.
我从来没被邀请来过这边吧
I never been invited up in here, have I?
邀请到安娜丽丝·基廷华丽的大房♥子
To Annalise Keating's fancy-ass rich house.
你有钱了
You get rich,
给自己起了个富名字 安娜丽丝