Because dwelling in that truth won't let you do your job.
有个学生自杀了
A student killed himself?
布莱恩·凯门斯 在祖母的车♥库♥上吊了
Brian Kamens. He hanged himself in his grandma's garage.
我猜又是个被神父临幸的
Let me guess -- he was an altar boy getting the...
祭台侍者吧
holy treatment from some of the priests here?
又不是所有神父都是恋童癖
Not all priests are pedophiles.
不是吗
Since when?
我同意
Truth.
布莱恩和安德鲁神父确实
Brian and Father Andrew Spent a lot of time
经常一起呆在暗室
in the dark room together...
搞摄影
doing... photography.
之后他就自杀了
Then he killed himself.
还有要问的吗
That tell you enough?
你有没有猥亵过布莱恩·凯门斯
Were you molesting Brian Kamens?
当然没有
Of course not.
本纳德神父质问你布莱恩的事
Father Bernard confronted you about what you did to Brian,
-他想要告发你 -我没碰过那孩子
- and he was gonna report you. - I did not touch that boy.
本纳德神父知道了你肮脏的小秘密
You had to silence Father Bernard
所以你必须杀他灭口
because he knew your dirty little secret.
你怎么敢这么说
How dare you?
我在法庭上为了你羞辱了自己 神父
I humiliated myself in court for you, Father.
你不能对我说谎
You do not get to lie to me.
布莱恩和我确实经常在一起
Brian and I spent considerable time together.
暗室成了一个
The dark room had become
他觉得可以向我 他的朋友倾诉
a place where he felt safe enough to tell me, his friend,
他遇到的麻烦的地方
what was troubling him --
在那他跟我说有人虐待他
that he was being abused by someone.
他死后不久
And shortly after his death...
我知道了虐待他的人是本纳德神父
I came to learn that person was Father Bernard.
所以我杀了他
That's why I killed him.
而且我不后悔
And I'd do it again.
当我听说他被人虐待时无比震惊
I was devastated knowing that Brian had been abused,
是虐待他的人逼得他选择了自杀
that whoever did it had driven him to kill himself.
我想抓住那个禽兽
I wanted to find that monster.
我日日祈求
I prayed on it.
直到某天 上帝带我找到了他
And then, one night, God brought him to me.
原谅我 天父 我有罪
Forgive me, father, for I have sinned.
他没有提过布莱恩的名字
He never mentioned Brian by name.
我想要控制自己 真的
I tried to stop myself -- I did --
祈求上帝赐我仁慈之心
praying to God for his mercy,
但每次一接近他
but each time I went near him...
我就是无法自控
I couldn't stop myself.
我的祈求得到了回应
I finally had my answer.
感谢上帝 感谢他的善良
Give thanks to the lord, for he is good.
感谢他永恒的仁慈
For his mercy endures forever.
我考虑过打破誓言
I thought about breaking the sacrament,
告发他的忏悔
reporting what he'd told me,
但我知道他们只会调他去别的教区
but I knew they'd just transfer him...
他还会再找来个布莱恩
that he'd find another Brian.
我一直等待着愧疚感
I waited for the guilt to come,
但丝毫感觉不到 我觉得很奇怪
and when it didn't, I was confused.
我也在想这是不是布莱恩
Part of me wondered if I hadn't done his will...
想要的
for Brian.
我知道这么做不对
I know what I did was wrong.
但就是感觉不到犯罪感
I just don't feel it was wrong.
那我们不做谋杀辩护 做过失杀人行吗
So we plead manslaughter instead of murder?
不行 安德鲁神父认为
We can't. Father Andrew feels that it's a sin
以本纳德神父在忏悔间的话为证是罪孽
to testify to what Father Bernard said in the confessional booth,
而且法律也是这么规定的
and evidentiary law agrees with him.
如果没有这部分信息
So, without that piece of information,
我们很难让陪审团相信这是过失杀人
we can't convince a jury this was manslaughter.
从《荆棘鸟》的角度来辩护怎么样
What about the "Thorn Birds" angle?
那个连续剧
The miniseries?
就是理查德·张伯伦 一个神父
You know, Richard Chamberlain, he's a priest,
喜欢上了一个女性朋友 挺好看的呢
gets down with his lady friend? It's pretty good.
艾格尼丝和安德鲁神父
Both Agnes and Father Andrew
两人都说自己的恋情是柏拉图式的
claim that their relationship was Platonic.
我以前也是这么向我父母描述
Well, yeah. That's what I used to tell my parents
我和邻居科尔的
about me and our neighbor, Cole.
这对我们没有帮助
It's not an angle we can work right now.
继续想
Keep thinking.
我说的是对的 还是对的呢
Was I right, or was I right?
又回到了满嘴胡言的牧师们身上了
It all comes back to the diddlin' priests.
那你就乐意
So, you're happy
看到一个孩子被性♥虐♥然后自杀
a boy was sexually abused and then killed himself?
我开心是因为我很风趣
No, I'm happy because I'm awesome sauce.
又怎么了
Now what?
案件卷宗里探员的记录
The detective's notes on the murder book.
他说丽贝卡刚过午夜还在
He has Rebecca at Griffin's fraternity
格里芬的兄弟会宿舍里 对吗
a little after midnight, right?
ΣΤΠ兄弟会
ΣΤΠ兄弟会
晚上12:28
晚上12:28
给我滚出去
Get the hell out of here!
格里芬
Griffin?
我收到了你的短♥信♥
I got your text.
莱拉
Lila.
还觉得他好吗
You still think he's worth it?
你这个贱♥人♥
You stupid slut!
-你怎么能这么做 -放开我
- How could you do this?! - Get off!
我再也不要见到你们了
I never want to see either of you again!
她大喊大叫 挠我
Screaming, scratching me.
所以她指缝里才有我的DNA
That's why my DNA is under her nails.
那时我才看到丽贝卡
And that's when I see Rebecca...
她在笑
smiling.
警方记录显示
The police report
有人见到莱拉在午夜12点半左右
says people saw Lila leave the frat house
离开兄弟会宿舍
around 12:30 A.M.
然后又有篮球队的人
Then some guy from the basketball team
在凌晨一两点之间见过一个
saw someone fitting Rebecca's description
很像丽贝卡的人
between 1:00 and 2:00 A.M.
居然有个目击者
An eyewitness?
我们怎么从来不知道
Why didn't we ever hear that?
他指认了另一个女孩的照片
He identified a different girl's photo.
所以他看到的不是丽贝卡
So, it wasn't Rebecca.
也可能他只是选错了照片
Or he just picked the wrong photo.
在他的陈述中
In his statement,
这个球员说他在云杉路上见到了丽贝卡
the basketball player said he saw Rebecca on Spruce Road.
那是莱拉的姐妹会宿舍附近
That's near Lila's sorority,
也就是说当晚丽贝卡吵架后并没有
which means Rebecca didn't go home after the fight
像她第一次口供中说的那样回了家
like she said in her first statement,
而是去了姐妹会宿舍
she went to the sorority house,
也就和她在招供录像里说的一样
which matches what she said in her confession tape.
来电 丽贝卡
不 你得接 否则会让她起疑
No, answer it, so she doesn't get suspicious.
今晚我要晚回去一点
Look, I'm gonna be home late tonight.
布鲁斯被几个酒保放鸽子了 现在缺人
Bruce got boned by a couple of his bartenders, and he's short,
所以我去顶个班
so I just got here to pick up a shift.
在酒吧吗 真的啊
At the bar? Really?
你确定你想回去吗
You sure you want to go back there?
就一晚上而已 我也需要钱
Yeah. It's one night. I could use the cash.
你工作完了可以过来 请你喝酒
You should come by after work. Free beer.
不好说
I don't know, um...
我觉得我们这段时间
I think we're gonna be stuck
可能都要忙这个案子了
working on this case for a while.
好吧
Yeah. Okay.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
Love you too.
校园警♥察♥
我不能违背誓言
I cannot betray my vows.
你可以的
Of course you can.
你只要上庭 作证说
You just get up on that stand, and you testify
你杀了一个逼死一00个孩子的恋童癖