Previusly on Medium:
《灵媒缉凶》前情提要
Allison, you don't look well.
艾莉森 你看起来不太好
Maybe you and I should go talk about this outside.
也许我们该去外面谈谈
They ran some tests while you were unconscious.
你晕过去之后他们给你做了些检查
I need to talk to you about what they found.
我得跟你谈谈诊断结果
A brain tumor. I know.
一个脑瘤 我知道
You're supposed to be in surgery right now.
你现在应该正在接受手术
Yeah,I know. I can't have that surgery.
我知道 但我不能接受那个手术
What did you just say?
你说什么
I can't have it. At least not now.
我不能接受 至少现在不行
It's going to take away my dreams, Joe.
它会带走我的梦的 乔
It's going to take away my gift.
会带走我的能力
Your wife had a stroke shortly before surgery.
你妻子在手术前不久中风了
We went ahead with the procedure anyway.
总之我们还是实施了手术
But now she's showing no signs of consciousness.
但她目前处于昏迷状态
It is impossible to predict when
无法预测她何时
Or even if she will ever come out of her comatose state.
甚至是否会苏醒
It's time, Mr. Dubois.
是时候了 杜布瓦先生
She's been unresponsive for months.
几个月来她都毫无反应
She can't even breathe on her own.
甚至无法自主呼吸
It's not living, Mr.Dubois.
人生不该如此 杜布瓦先生
It's not life.
这算不上活着
I called the insurance people again.
我又给保险公♥司♥打了电♥话♥
They're not going to change their minds and the hospital...
他们不会改变主意 而且医院也...
I know. I understand. I have no choice.
我知道 我理解 我别无选择
I..I can't afford to keep her alive, so...
我支付不起支撑让她活下去的医药费 所以...
Okay.
好吧
Okay. Do what you... You do what you need to do.
好吧 该怎么办就怎么办吧
Are you going to get that?
你关不关闹钟啊
I could use a hand here. Yeah.
给我搭把手 好
Okay.
好了
Here you go.
拿好
How did you sleep?
睡得怎样
Like a rock again. And you?
还是睡得死沉 你呢
Fine.
我很好
So,what is that?
怎么样
36 days now? Without a dream?
今天是第36天了吧 没做梦吗
Not counting my three months in a coma.
还不算我昏迷的三个月
It's gone, Joe.
不会做梦了 乔
That surgery took it all away.
那手术把我的梦都带走了
No dreams. No nothing.
没有梦 什么都没了
Just... sleep.
只剩...单纯的睡眠
Bridgette!
布里奇特
You hear that? Sounds like someone just stepped on a cat.
听见没 听着就像某人踩到了猫
Listen to me, you child of Sasquatch.
听我说 你这个野孩子
The key to Mom's car is gone. Okay?
妈妈的车钥匙不见了 听见没
It was in my purse,and now it's not there,
本来在我钱包里的 现在不见了
And since you're the only one around here who goes into my purse,
你是这里唯一动过我钱包的人
Tell me what you did with it.
告诉我你把钥匙弄哪去了
I have a spoon, and I'm not afraid to use it.
我手上有勺子 我可不怕让它派上用场
Okay, you know what? Look.
知道吗 听着
You might not like going to school, but Marie and I do.
你可能不想去上学 但玛丽和我要去
So give me the key.
所以快把钥匙给我
Mom! Dad!
爸爸 妈妈
What's going on?
怎么了
I'm supposed to get everybody to school
我本来要送大家去学校的
And I can't find the key to your car.
但我找不到你的车钥匙了
Well, don't look at me.
别看着我啊
I haven't driven that car in four and a half months.
我已经有四个半月没开车了
Where did you put it?
你放哪儿了
I always leave it in my purse, and now it's not there.
我一直放在钱包里的 现在不见了
And I know who took it.
我知道是谁拿的
She's always going through my purse
她老翻我钱包
And stealing my money and my gum.
偷我的钱和口香糖
Are you just going to let her ruin my good name like that?
你准备就让她这么诋毁我的好名声吗
All right, well, you're just going to have to borrow daddy's car.
好了 你开老爸的车去吧
I'm sure that my key will show up.
我确定我的钥匙会现身的
It's got to turn up somewhere.
肯定就在某处
Somebody mention my name?
有人在叫我吗
Can Ariel borrow you car to get everyone to school?
艾利尔能用你的车送大家去学校吗
Well, wait a second. I'm speaking at that conference in Scottsdale.
等等 我得去斯科茨代尔的那个会议上发言
I need my car.
我需要用车
Well, can you drop them off on your way?
能顺路载她们去吗
Yeah. Okay,I suppose.
好吧 我想可以
Can you pick them up and bring them home?
能再把她们接回家吗
Yeah. Why not?
可以 有何不可
I wish I was an only child.
真希望我是个独生女
You know, I'm going to make it my business to find that key.
我会把找钥匙当作任务来完成的
It's got to be around here somewhere.
肯定就在这附近某处
Hey,why don't you make it your business to rest?
你为啥不把休息当成任务呢
That should be your priority. Resting.
休息才应该是你的首要任务
That and doing your exercises.
然后是做做复健
You've been in a coma for three months.
你昏迷了三个月
Now you're finally back home for a month.
现在终于回家了 才呆了一个月
And you're acting like everything's back to normal.
你就想一切都恢复正常吗
Well, everything is back to normal.
一切都已经正常了
On the left side of my body anyway.
起码我左半身已经正常了
Well,when you find that key,
等你找到钥匙
I expect a full apology from you-know-who.
我期待罪魁祸首的正式道歉
Five minutes, we're leaving, Bridge.
5分钟后我们就走 布里奇
Five minutes. Yeah.
就5分钟 好
More hospital bills?
又有医院账单了吗
Hospital. Therapy. More hospital.
医院 疗养院 还有医院
I think I have to get a job.
我想我该找份工作了
You had a job in San Diego.
你在圣地亚哥有过工作
You gave it up so you could take care of me.
你为了照顾我而把它辞掉了
I think maybe it's time to get another one.
我想也许是时候再找份工作了
Hey,aren't you the guy who had that brilliant idea
你不是有个很有才的想法吗 要设计一款
For that solar cell thing a Majiggy?
叫玛吉吉的太阳能电池
Yeah. Majiggy is actually my middle name.
是啊 玛吉吉其实是我的中间名
Well, see? There. There you go. You have a job.
看到没 有了 你有工作了
Thinking up brilliant things.
发明一些很有才的东西
What? You don't think
怎么 你不觉得
The world needs more brilliant things?
这世界需要更多有才的东西吗
I'm going to get the kids to school.
我送孩子去上学
You do that. I'm going to find that key.
去吧 我要把钥匙找到
Hey, forget the key.
忘了钥匙的事吧
I'll find the key tomorrow.
明天我来找
Here goes nothing.
豁出去了
Allison, stop. Allison, stop.
艾利森 打住 艾利森 打住
Allison, stop.
艾利森 打住
You know, I think to myself, I want my hand to open.
我对自己说 我希望手臂张开
And it just doesn't. And I wait.
但却没有 然后我继续等着
It's like it has a mind of its own.
就像它不是我自己的一样
But you managed to drive here.
但你还是设法开车到这里了
I steer with my left hand.
我用左手握方向盘
I drove with my left foot.
用左脚踩油门刹车
Joe doesn't know. He doesn't...
乔不知道 他...
He doesn't know I'm here,either.
他也不知道我来了这里
Okay.
好吧
Sir. Before my surgery, I had a dream.
长官 手术之前 我做了个梦
It was the last dream that I ever had it.
那是我最后一个梦
You came to me. You offered me a job.
你走向我 向我提供了一份工作
Even though I was no longer dreaming,
即使我不再做梦
Even though I no longer had my gift.
即使我的天赋已逝
Allison,you... Sir.
艾莉森 你... 长官
Please.
拜托
This illness... This tumor...
我的病 这个肿瘤
It has cost my family a fortune.
花费了家里一大笔钱
Joe had to stop doing what he was doing in San Diego.
乔不得不辞掉了他在圣地亚哥的工作