片名:当艾历克斯遇上艾玛
亚当席普利是个平凡的男人
对于亚当席普利 世界是个令人困惑的地方
It is and that stinks.
确实是的,而且那实在是糟透了
What happened to all the money?
钱都到哪儿去了?
You'd be lucky for looking like me.
长得像我是你走运
I can't afford to look like .
我可吃不消长得像 .
Mr. Sheldon?
谢尔顿先生?
Maybe he's not here.
也许他不在这里
Aren't you home?
你在家吗?
Help me, Lord.
帮帮我,上帝
How are you doing?
你们好吗?
I was just looking for a sweater. Here it is.
我刚在找一件运动衫,哦,找到了
We'll teach you. When was the last time you take a bath?
我们来教教你 你有多久没洗澡了?
What you think, Tony? Maybe we should open a window.
你说呢,东尼? 也许我们该开开窗
Wait! As soon as I finish the book, you get the money!
等等! 只要我把书一写完 你们就能拿到钱!
You say that last time. And the time before.
你上次就这么说的,还有上上次
Wait!
等等!
There's nothing but pavement. There's not an awning in sight.
下面只有路一条,连个遮阳蓬都没有
Wait! I swear I'm almost finished!
等等! 我发誓我很快就写完了!
How close? -Very close. Insanely close.
有多快? 很快,非常非常快
It was a little slow going at the start, but I'm really cooking along now.
开头进度有点慢,不过我现在 就要完成一部文学大餐了
Show us.
拿给我们看
Show you? -Show us.
给你们看? 给我们看
Have you guys been working out together? How do I get that look?
你们两个一直一起工作吗? 我怎么样才能长成那样?
You know, see, I think I've been doing too much cardio.
你知道,我想我已经动了太多脑子了
You write on this?
你在这上面写作?
Yeah, it's all right there. Just a couple of chapters to go. It's good.
是啊,都在这里面呢 就还有几章要完成了,很不错的
Show us.
给我们看看
An author doesn't really like to show what he's--
写书的不太喜欢给别人看他
Show us the book, Mr. Sheldon.
把书给我们看看,谢尔顿先生
I can't. I'm blocked. I haven't started.
我办不到! 我找不到头绪,我还没开头
You lie? -Yeah.
你骗我们? 是的
That's bad. -I know.
那就糟了 我知道
Very bad.
很糟糕
What do we do? -I'll tell you what we're going to do.
我们该怎么办? 我来告诉你我们会怎么办
We're gonna do a little science experiment.
我们要做个小小的科学实验
What are you doing? -Sit down.
你在干什么? 坐下
Curious what it's like to be "cooking along" on a computer.
我很好奇你是怎么在电脑上 完成“大餐”的
Come on, please don't do that! How'd you expect me to write without a computer?
拜?,请别这么做! 没有电脑我怎么写作呢?
We don't expect you to write, Mr. Sheldon. We expect you to flatten.
我们不希望你写了,谢尔顿先生 我们希望你完蛋
Wait, please don't do this.
等等,请别这么做
Let's rethink this. Come on, guys. Let's rethink it.
我们再考虑考虑,拜? 我们再考虑考虑
I'll double what I owe you! $100,000!
我加倍还你们! $100,000!
In 30 days.
30天为限
Okay! 30 days, that's good!
好! 30天,很好!
I'll do it. You'll have your money in 30 days.
我答应你 30天内我就还你们钱
I gave you $75,000. Where did that go? -Florida Gaming Commission.
我给了你$75,000,钱都花到哪里去了? 佛罗里达博弈委员会.
What? -Hialeah dog track.
什么? 海里亚赛狗
You gambled away $75,000 on dogs? -A little more than that.
你输了$75,000在狗身上? 比那个数目稍多一些
See, I borrowed from some Cuban gentlemen down Miami way.
我在迈阿密从几个古巴人那里借了些钱
You know, Alex, you have a major talent
你知道,艾历克斯,你在文学上很有才华
but you're pissing it away.
可你却把它白白浪费了
You get $125,000 when I get the manuscript.
我拿到稿子的时候 你就可以拿到$125,000
That's the deal we made.
这是我们谈好的
I've given you a year. What have you been doing?
我给了你一年,这一年你都在做什么?
I fell in love. It didn't work out. -Perfect!
我恋爱了,但是失败了 很好!
A love affair gone bad, gambling, criminal types.
失败的爱情,赌博,罪犯
All the elements of a bestseller.
都是畅销书的要素
You see, they're going to kill me if I don't get the money in 30 days.
你知道,如果我30天内拿不到钱 他们就会杀了我的
Then you'd better get to work.
那你就最好开始工作
Hi. -Sorry.
你好 你好,对不起
Is there possibly another Cambridge Street?
是不是另外还有一条剑桥街?
I'm looking for the law offices of Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce
我在找波克、泰勒、菲尔摩、皮尔斯
and Van Buren. -That's us.
和范毕伦律师事务所 我们就是
Miss .
你是 ?
Dinsmore. Emma Dinsmore.
丁士摩,艾玛丁士摩
Alex Sheldon. Won't you come in?
艾历克斯谢尔顿,你不进来吗?
No, I don't believe I will. This doesn't look like a law office.
不,我想我不会进来 这里不像是间事务所
Doesn't even look like a nice place to live. -I know.
甚至不像是个好住所 我知道
Our offices in the Prudential Tower, which by the way, are very impressive
我们在保诚大厦的办公室 可是非常的气派
you know, law books, conference tables, leather
你知道,法律书,会议桌,皮
they're being redecorated, but there's been a holdup with the marble.
那里正在重新装♥修♥ 不过因为大理石的原因耽搁了
Something about the cutters in Carrara wanting better health benefits.
因为意大利卡拉拉的切石工 要求提高健康津贴
Mr. Sheldon, I'm going to leave now.
谢尔顿先生,我现在要走了
How can I leave if I have a dead lawyer lying on my foot?
一个死律师躺在我的脚上 我怎么走得了?
How can I do that?
我怎么能这么做?
What kind of person would I be, Mr. Sheldon?
那我该成什么人了,谢尔顿先生?
Not a good one. Not a very good one. Okay, come on.
那就不是好人了,不是大好人了 好吧,来吧
I'll get you out of the door
我把你从门口拉开
put you in the
把你放在
reception area.
接待区
Better yet
最好
Iet's put you in your conference room.
我们还是把你放在你的会议室
This way, if you're preparing for your big case
这样,如果你在准备你的大案子的话
you can just do it here.
你就可以就地工作了
Mr. Sheldon? -Yeah, I'm fine.
谢尔顿先生? 我没事
This has only happened to me one time before.
之前我只有过一次这样的情况
Little League, championship game.
少棒联盟,冠军赛
I was up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.
我在第九局的下半局满垒时跑垒
I hadn't eaten lunch that-- -I have to go.
我没吃午饭 我得走了
Please, wait a second. I need your help.
请等一下,我需要你的帮助
Unhand me!
放手!
Did you say, "Unhand me"? -I won't be taken advantage of.
你刚才是说,"放手"吗? 我不会让你占便宜的
Miss Dinsmore, I had no intention--
丁士摩小姐,我不想
Then why did you ask my company to send me up here?
那你为什么让我公♥司♥派我来这里?
Because you're not fooling anyone, Mr. Sheldon, if that's even your real name.
因为你没有在耍弄谁 谢尔顿先生,假如这是你的真名的话
This is clearly not the law office of Polk, Taylor, Fillmore, Pierce, Van Buren
这里很显然不是波克、泰勒、菲尔摩 、皮尔斯、范毕伦律师事务所
who just happen to have been presidents of the United States.
波克、泰勒、菲尔摩、皮尔斯、范毕伦 凑巧都是美国历任总统的名字
You're right. This isn't a law office, and yes, indeed, they were presidents.
你说得对,这里不是律师事务所 确实,他们都是总统
Yes, so what other conclusion can we draw from this, Mr. Sheldon
是的,那么我们还能从中得出 什么其他结论呢,谢尔顿先生
except that you're trying to take advantage of me?
除了你是想占我便宜?
We could also conclude that I'm a liar. -Yes, we could, and in fact, we have.
我们还可以得出结论我是个骗子? 是的,事实上,我们已经得出这个结论了
I'm sorry. It's just that I really need your help, Miss Dinsmore.
我很抱歉,主要是因为我真的 很需要你的帮助,丁士摩小姐
You see, I'm a brilliant novelist-- -Yeah, and I invented nuclear energy.
我是个出色的小说家 是啊,我还发明了核能呢
Excuse me, I have to split some atoms. -Wait!
对不起,我得去分♥裂♥一些原子了 等等!
Could we try to put this behind us?
丁士摩小姐 我们可以把这先放一边吗?
I just want your stenography services. That's all.
我只是需要你提供速记服务 仅此而已
I assure you, I'm a desperate man.
我向你保证,我走投无路了
I don't intend on spending my time in the personal apartment of a desperate man.
我不愿意把时间花在一个 走投无路的人的私人住房♥里
You want sex, Mr. Sheldon, you are barking up the wrong body.
你要的是性,谢尔顿先生,你垂涎错了人
Miss Dinsmore, I know my veracity has been called into question
丁士摩小姐,我知道我的诚信 已经遭到了质疑
but I swear to God that barking up your body is the furthest thing from my mind.
但是我向上帝发誓 我绝对没想过对你垂涎
Well, I don't believe you.
我不相信你
Right now, I can't think of any woman I'm less interested in going to bed with.
现在,我真的想不出还有哪个女人 我更没兴趣和她上♥床♥
Nice meeting you. -What was that supposed to mean?
很高兴见到你 你这是什么意思?
I only meant that while I'm sure many men would be thrilled
我只是说虽然我肯定 有许多男人会喜欢
to find themselves in bed with such a forthright woman as yourself
和你这样直率的女人上♥床♥
I just have different tastes, that's all. I prefer women that are more .
只是我的品味不同,仅此而已 我喜欢女人更加 .
Less forthright.
少些直率
Mr. Sheldon, didn't you expect that whoever showed up
谢尔顿先生,你难道没想过 无论谁来
would immediately find out that you weren't a law office?
都会马上发现这里不是律师事务所吗?
I owe some guys $100,000 and I got to get it to them in 30 days.
丁士摩小姐 我欠一些人十万元 我必须在30天内还给他们
The only way I can do that is by finishing my next book
我能还钱的唯一方法就是 写完我的下一部书
and the only way I can do that is by dictating it to a stenographer.
而要写完这部书的唯一方法 就是把它口述给一位速记员
How much do you have left? -All of it.
你还剩多少? 全部
You want to dictate an entire book to me? -That's right.
你想把整部书口述给我? 对
ln 30 days? -Correct.
在30天里? 正确
I get $15 an hour, and I expect to be paid at the conclusion of each day.
一小时15元,我希望每天结束时结清
And I'd really like to do that, but unfortunately, I can't.
我真的愿意满足你的要求 但是不幸的是,我办不到
At the end of each week.
每个星期末
At the end of the job. I get paid when I turn in the manuscript.
电影精选列表