先生,您今晚比平时要晚啊
- You're late tonight, sir.
这么多年我都来这买♥♥花 还从没告诉过你的名字呢
- In all the years coming here, I've never told you my name.
我叫沃尔特
It's Walter.
如果你能叫我的名字,我会很开心
It would make me so happy if you called me that
沃尔特
Walter.
伊格纳西奥
- Ignacio.
晚上好
Good evening.
我很高兴本小店对您的诱惑力 从未衰减
- The allure of that never fades, I'm happy to report.
来两束绣球花吧?
Couple of bunches of hydrangeas?
没问题
- You got it.
你的狗狗很可爱啊,太可爱了
- Yeah, your dog is cute. - Very cute.
主演:格伦·克洛斯
主演:K·托德·弗里曼
主演:杰西卡·赫特
嘿,先生们,今晚玩的高兴吗?
Hey, gentlemen, how you doing tonight?
能帮我拿点东西给一个 海军陆战队的老兵吃吗?
Can you help out a Marine Corps veteran get something to eat?
我在费卢杰待了整整8个月啊,伙计
I did eight months straight in Fallujah, man.
就像你一样保暖啊
Just trying to stay warm like you.
先生,能给我50美分吗?
- Yo, mister, let me get 50¢, man.
我可以给你买♥♥杯咖啡
- I'll get you a cup of coffee.
我想要50美分
- I want 50¢.
抱歉
- Sorry.
也许你应该把狗还给这两个小姑娘
Maybe you should let these young ladies get their dog.
好梦,沃尔特
- Have a good night, Walter.
(导演:蒂姆·布雷克·尼尔森) 晚安,伊格纳西奥
- Good night, Ignacio.
没开玩笑吧
- You've got to be kidding me.
- 装没听到就是了 - 那不是我的性格
- Just ignore it. - That is not in my nature.
喂?
- Yes? - Help me!
- 山姆? - 不,很可能是恶作剧
- Sam? - No, it might be a trick.
你是谁?发生什么事了?
- Who is this? - What's happening?
- 救我! - 我马上让你进来
- Help me! - I'm buzzing you in.
下楼去,我去打911
Get down there, I'm gonna call 911.
- 不可能 - 那我自己去
- Not a chance. - Then I'm going.
好好好,行,好
- Okay, okay, okay, all right, fine.
什么情况?
What is that?
天呐
Oh, hell.
没知觉
Senseless.
完全没知觉
Perfectly senseless.
我妻子
My wife.
- 快打911! - 我已经打了
- Call 911! - I already did.
天呐
Jesus.
没事的,救护车已经在路上了
- It's okay, the ambulance is on its way.
坚持住
Just hang in there.
- 确保让她收到这花 - 天呐!
- Make sure she gets this. - Jesus!
她的名字叫玛西亚
- Her name is Marcia.
天呐,这里还有一个人!
- Shit, there's another guy out here!
别走
- Don't let go.
我在呢
- I'm here.
我只是...
- I was just...
片名:钝感之爱
一位早于达尔文的思想家大胆提出了
A thinker who predates Darwin and dares suggest
像一个人,一个有思考
that an objective analysis of what it is
有感情的人一样活着的
to live as a human,
客观分♥析♥:
a thinking, sentient being
我们只有一条通往坟墓的单一轨迹
whose sole trajectory is toward the grave,
尤其当孩子们一旦被培养出来
particularly once children have been reared,
我们很可能会宁愿自己
would have us perhaps choose
从没出生过
not to be born at all.
想象一下
Imagine that.
宁愿没有活过,也不要活着受苦
Better not to live than to live and suffer.
但是爱神引诱我们不仅仅是去
But Eros seduces us not only into striving
为了不实的飘渺而努力,更糟的
for the falsely ethereal, but worse,
还有繁殖
propagating.
因此让另一代人
And thereby subjecting another generation
遭受和我们一样的痛苦
to the same suffering we endure.
简而言之
In short,
去爱并繁殖
to love and reproduce
从某种程度上来说是种险恶的事
is at some level a sinister enterprise
因为我们把后代送进了一个 如此糟糕的世界
because we deposit offspring into such a shitty world.
不论你怎么看
Any way you look at it,
都很残忍♥
grim stuff.
那么...
So...
周五见了
Friday then.
十年前,我还确信答案是否定的
Just ten years ago, I was certain the answer was no.
希腊人说对了
The Greeks had it right.
我们只是原子
We're just atoms.
但是谁知道呢?
But who knows?
在你的人生中 谢天谢地,不是我的人生
In your lifetime, not mine, thank goodness,
我们也许会不朽
we'll perhaps become immortal.
你相信那种东西?
- You believe in that stuff?
总之只是我们的想法
- Our thoughts anyway.
能够被衡量
Measurable in bits.
万物都可被简化为2种符号♥ 或是它们不存在
Everything reducible to two symbols or their absence.
我曾经什么都不信
I used to believe in nothing.
现在我相信一切
New I believe in everything.
我的问题是这一切 是如何让我们没了胃口
My problem is how all this degrades our appetite
还一直追问它的意义的
to keep asking what it could all mean.
吉尔可能得了癌症
Jill might have cancer.
可能?
- Might?
她的卵巢有一边病变了
- A lesion on one of her ovaries.
你妈妈知道吗?
Does your mother know?
我们还没告诉她
- We're not telling her yet.
这让我感觉非常奇怪...
- This puts me in a very odd-
爸爸,这就是你的回答吗?
- Dad. is that really gonna be your response?
当然不是,亚当
- Of course not, Adam.
我们能做点什么?
What can we do?
她不希望我告诉任何人,所以...
- She doesn't want me telling anyone, so...
这次谈话...
this conversation is-
她不是针对谁,她只是不希望大家...
it's nothing personal, she just doesn't want people-
无须解释
- No need to explain.
我只是...
- I just...
我就在这,亚当
- I'm here, Adam.
永远都在
Always.
- 老天 - 她不会吧
- Oh, my God. - She didn't.
太神奇了
- That's amazing.
- On.
我告诉了她,但她说 “你答应过我的”
- I told her, but she's like, "You promised me,"
所以我就被痛扁了一顿
so I'm hosed.
你都不问我是否需要吗?
- What-what if I need that?
- 什么? - 椅子
- What? - The chair.
抱歉,稍等
- Oh, sorry. - Uh, hold on a second.
伙计,你有几张票?
Dude, how many tickets do you have?
操,没门
Fuck you. No way.
- 抱歉 - 等等
- Excuse me. - Hold on.
我说了等等
I said hold on.
等你等的人到了之前
Can I just have this chair
我能先用下这张椅子吗?
until whoever you're waiting for gets here?
我没说我在等人
- I didn't say that I was waiting for anyone.
好吧,我明白了
- Okay, I get it.
请问,能借用下这张椅子吗?
Excuse me, may I please have this chair?
为什么你一开始不问?
- Why didn't you just ask in the first place?
伙计,你只管把票买♥♥了,我会处理
- Dude, just buy the ticket and I'll deal.
不,我不想付双份的钱
No, I don't want pay for two.
我需要这张椅子,而显然你又不用
I need this chair and you clearly don't.
你凭什么决定我需不需要什么?
- Who are you to determine what I need?
好吧,留着你♥他♥妈♥的椅子吧
- All right, you keep your fucking chair.
这里唯一的空位
It's the only empty seat in here,
但你却像你要砍伐树林一样盯着它
but you could stare at it while you're killing fucking trees.
- 我要用来放书 - 是吗?
- My book is used. - Yeah?
好吧,你是个自私,没人要的贱♥人♥
Well, you're a selfish, lonely bitch.
- Whoa.
- Whoa.
伙计
- Dude.
他已经会背乘法表了
电影精选列表