成真
是的 我
Yeah, I...
等我妈周四回来 我可以问问她
I can ask my mom when she gets back on Thursday.
我不会问我爸爸 因为他只会说 "不"
I wouldn't ask my dad, 'cause he'll just say "no"...
并给出一些愚蠢的武断的理由
and give some stupid arbitrary reason why.
你确定这没关系吗
You're sure it's okay, though?
是的 当然了
Yeah, of course.
不过 你今晚打算做什么
What are you gonna do tonight, though?
莎拉
Sarah?
去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck yourselves!
怪人 这样一个怪人
Freak. Such a weirdo.
嘿
Hey.
嘿 你还好吗
- Hey. - You okay?
我去喝杯咖啡 你要什么吗
I'm gonna grab a coffee. You want anything?
是的 我还要一杯
Yeah, I'll have another.
莎拉 进来吧
Sarah? Come on in.
你有没有过入睡困难的经历
Have you ever had any difficulty getting to sleep...
或保持睡眠
or staying asleep?
呃 最近 是的
Uh, lately. Yes.
好的
Okay.
你喝咖啡吗 喝茶吗
Do you drink coffee, tea,
或任何其他含咖♥啡♥因♥的饮料
or any other caffeinated beverages?
如果是的话 每天喝多少
And if so, how many per day?
咖啡
Coffee.
通常我一天会喝三到六杯左右
Usually I'll have about three to six cups a day.
好的
Okay.
你是否曾被诊断出有任何睡眠障碍
Have you ever been diagnosed with any sleeping disorders?
呃 梦游 夜惊 失眠
Uh, sleepwalking? Night terrors? Insomnia?
没有
No.
不是正式的
Not officially.
我小时候经常梦游 但已经很多年没有了
I used to sleepwalk as a kid, but I haven't in years.
好的
Okay.
而你在整个两个月的时间里都可以参加
And you'll be okay to attend for the full two-month period?
是的 非常好
- Yes. - Perfect.
很好
Great.
那么 我们真的只是出现在这里 然后睡觉
So, we really just show up and sleep?
是的 就是这样
Yeah. That's it.
好吧 呃 我们会把你和一堆东西连在一起的
Well, uh, we'll have you hooked up to a bunch of stuff...
并每天早上问你几个问题
and ask you a few questions every morning.
但除此之外
But other than that...
我们只需要你躺在REM中
we just need you lying there in REM.
REM?
REM?
呃 快速眼动
Uh, Rapid Eye Movement.
这是我们做梦最生动的睡眠阶段
It's the stage of sleep where we dream the most vividly.
嗯 谢谢你下来 莎拉
Well, thanks for coming down, Sarah.
我会把你的申请发给我们的教务主任的
I'll send your application over to our head of faculty...
我们明天可能会联♥系♥你
and we'll likely contact you tomorrow...
如果你被选中成为研究的一部分
if you're chosen to be a part of the study.
我们什么时候开始
When would we be starting?
呃 星期一
Uh, Monday.
我希望到时能见到你
I hope to see you then.
好的 再见
Okay, bye.
什么
What?
你还好吗
You okay?
是的 我很好
Yeah. I'm good.
真的吗
Really?
真的
Really.
因为 你知道 如果你不这样做的话 也是可以的
'Cause, you know, it would be okay if you weren't.
我知道
I know.
你不知道这感觉有多好
You have no idea how good this feels.
只要躺在床上 就能
Just to be in a bed and...
在一个房♥子里
in a house.
谢谢你
Thank you.
晚安
Goodnight.
嗯 做个好梦
Mm. Sweet dreams.
不敢相信 我花了这么长时间才弄明白
Can't believe it took me this long to figure out...
如何在睡觉时挣钱
how to make money when sleeping.
我相信你的妻子一定很高兴
I'm sure your wife is more than happy...
与和平和安静
with the peace and quiet.
嗯 我知道我是
Well, I know I am.
嗯 是 呃
Um, are, uh...
你是这个研究中唯一的女孩吗
are you the only girl in this study?
呃 不是 我房♥间里还有一个 艾米丽
Uh, no, there's another in my room. Emily.
哦 太好了
Oh, cool.
这是你的第一个睡眠诊所吗
Is this your first sleeping clinic?
是的
Yup.
你们这些人
You guys?
是的
Yeah.
我已经做了几个
I've done a couple.
哦 嘿嘿
Oh, hey.
你呢
What about you?
我 呃
I've, uh...
我从五岁起就开始来参加这些活动了
I've been coming to these things since I was five.
亚伦和我其实是老相识了
Aaron and I actually go way back.
我第一次来这里的时候是16岁
I was 16 when I first started coming here.
我猜老梅尔喜欢看我们睡觉
I guess ol' Meyer loves to see us sleep.
梅耶
Meyer?
梅耶医生 他是 呃
Doctor Meyer. He's, uh...
他是这个部门的负责人 你们待会就会见到他
He's head of the department. You guys will meet him later.
他 呃 通常做离职面试
He, uh, usually does the exit interviews.
非常合适
Perfect fit.
来 坐下来 我们给你戴上耳机
Come, sit down and we'll get your headset on.
每个人都要戴这个
Everyone has to wear these?
恐怕是的
I'm afraid so.
这就是我们如何从你那里获得信息的方法
It's how we get the information from you...
移交给我们的控制室
over to us in the control room.
好的
Okay...
请原谅我
Excuse me?
嗨 对不起 嗯
Hi, sorry, um...
迈克尔让我往这边走
Michael told me to come down this way.
是的 你好 艾米丽
Yeah, hi, Emily.
你来对地方了 别担心
You're in the right place, don't worry.
你就坐着吧 我马上就来找你
You can just have a seat and I'll be with you in one second.
好的 谢谢你
Okay. Thank you.
嗨 嘿
- Hi. - Hey.
我们有多少人在研究中
How many of us are in the study?
呃 六个 两个女的 四个男的
Uh, six. Two females and four males.
怎么会有更多的男人
How come there's more guys?
我不能告诉你
I can't tell you that.
那么 你在研究什么
Well, what are you studying?
我也不能告诉你
I can't tell you that either.
我叫你快点
I told you to hurry.
嗯 里夫让我安装新的驱动程序
Well, Riff had me installing the new drivers.
没关系 你可以看我做艾米丽的
It's okay. You can watch me do Emily's,
然后我再让你去帮隔壁的人做
and then I'll get you to help apply the guys' next door.
酷 好的
- Cool. - Okay.
嗨 嘿
- Hi. - Hey.
我会让莎拉开始运行的
I'll get Sarah up and running...
所以你现在可以从艾米丽开始
so you can start with Emily now.
很好 谢谢你
Great. Thank you.
我马上回来 好的
- I'll be right back. - Okay.
你差不多准备好了
You're almost set.
还有多久我们就可以出发了
How long till we're ready to go?
我想再过一个小时吧
I'd say about another hour...
在每个人都连接好并安置好之前
before everyone's connected and settled.
好的 太好了
Okay. Great.
第一阶段
Stage one,
眼睛闭上
the eyes close.
清醒之间的活动减少
A reduction in activity between wakefulness.
病人可以毫无困难地被唤醒
The patient can be awakened without difficulty,
但如果在这个阶段被唤醒