她不顾警告
Despite all the warnings, she was smoking in bed.
还是在床上抽烟. 真糟糕.
Fell asleep. Bad move.
[ Liquid Pouring, Metal Clanks ]
火苗开始点燃
And the fire begins.
该上场了
Show time.
[ Screaming ]
别惊慌,我来救你了
Don't worry, ma'am! I'm here to save you!
挡住群众,这是紧急事件
Keep those people back! This is an emergency!
我不准你死
[ Thud, Squeak ] Don't you dare die on me!
吸气,快吸气
Breathe, damn it, breathe!
她不会有事的
She's gonna make it! She's gonna make it!
[ Whooshing ]
什么鬼…
What the--
[ Screams ]
妈的
Oh, damn!
[ Man ] Rick, wait up!
Okay, I'll check it out.
身为单身的生物学教授
Though it may be hard to believe that a single biology professor...
虽然只有一份微薄的薪水
making in excess of $17,500 a year...
还是努力批改你们的研究报告
could manage to find time to grade your first biology research papers, I did.
结果真是令我大感意外
As you can see, there was a shocking statistical anomaly.
大多数同学都是优等
Pretty much all of you got A's.
[ Cheering ]
恭喜,你们班前景看好
You deserve to congratulate yourselves.
恭喜,你们班前景看好
I've got a real good feeling about this group.
这学期大家等着高趴吧
I think that the parade of A's is gonna continue...
这学期大家等着高趴吧
straight through to the end of the semester.
大家真是太优秀了.令人叹为观止!
So much for the bell curve. Bell curves suck, man!
教授、教授
[ Applause ] Mr. Kane!
教授,你好像弄错了
Dr. Kane, seems to be a mistake here.
我跟我弟都拿到大丙一个
You see, you see, my brother and I each got a C-minus on our reports.
没错
C-minus. Me too.
让我跟全班同学解释一下
Allow me to share something with the entire class.
昨晚我改报告时
Um, last night, as I was grading papers,
有两篇标题都是:坐牢(细胞)不好
I came across two gems, both entitled "Cells are Bad."
报告都只写了一段
Both with just one paragraph,
而我刚好记得内容
which I unfortunately committed to memory.
坐牢(细胞)不好
"Cells are bad.
我舅舅在坐牢. 牢房♥很小.
"My uncle lives in a cell. It's 10 foot by 12,
他每天都只能看一样的旧杂♥志♥
"and he has to read the same old boring magazine every day.
报告结束
The end." [ Laughter, Applause ]
你念的是我们的报告,对吧? 对,虽然…
You're talking about our papers, aren't you, Dr. Kane? Yes, I am.
我对学生的要求已不再严格
Although my standards are nowhere near where they used to be,
但我还是没办法给你们优等
I still could not bring myself to put an "A" on top of those beauties.
希望你们能了解. 好吧
I hope you understand, guys. Sure.
是啊
Yeah, okay.
好,接下来我们继续看周期表…
Let's get back to work at the periodic table here,
好,接下来我们继续看周期表…
which is not, as some of you suppose--
陨石?在哪里?
A meteor? Where?
89号♥公路,
Uh-huh. Route 8♥9♥-♥A.
知道了.
Yeah, yeah, got it.
别担心,我马上到
[ Chuckles ] Yeah, rest assured, I will be there.
好,再见
Okay, bye.
怎么样,教授?
So how does it look, Professor?
很危险
It's tight.
真的很危险. 也没那么严重啦
Uh, really, really tight, Nadine, but not too tight.
只是你分数不够,抱歉
You just don't have the points. I'm sorry.
别难过,地质学本来就很难
But don't take it too hard. Geology's a lot tougher subject than people think.
你确定?调一下分数嘛
Are you sure? Couldn't you just check again?
我想继续念护理呢
I really need this credit to get into nursing school.
护理?
Nursing school?
你怎么不选别的职业?
Wouldn't you be more comfortable in a different profession,
选跟人命没关的行业
one where people's lives were not dependent on you?
其实我是想选亚历桑纳州小姐
Actually, what I really want to be is Miss Arizona,
但我的选美顾问 认为这会让裁判印象深刻
but my pageant consultant says that nursing school will really impress the judges.
他们会认为我想帮助人们…
Makes me look like I want to help people.
吃午饭?
Ready for lunch?
还是你已经吃饱了?
Or... have you already eaten?
我只是在跟学生讨论课业
I was just concluding a teacher-student conference...
我只是在跟学生讨论课业
with Nadine here, Ira. Harry,
你的热心工作让我们都很感佩
your dedication to your job is an inspiration to us all.
抱歉,我跟凯教授有约在先
Regrettably, Nadine, I have a prior lunch engagement with Professor Kane.
回头再讨论调分数的事吧
We'll talk about your extra credit later, okay?
Cheer up.
我去拿包包
Let me grab my stuff. [ Coughs ]
你要带我去哪? 昨晚有陨石坠落
Where you taking me? Meteor hit last night.
原来如此
Oh, that's what that was. Yep.
身为地质学协会在格伦谷的代表
As the Glen Canyon official representative of the U.S. Geological Survey,
我得去察看一下
I have been assigned to check it out.
我带你去是以防万一
I'm taking you along in case I actually have to do something scientific.
然后再去吃饭. 你是地质学协会的?
Then we eat. You're an official representative of the U.S.G.S.?
我在网路上登记的
Signed up over the Internet.
你上色♥情♥网♥站♥
What, were you on some cheerleader site...
还会不小心连结到地质学协会?
and you accidentally got linked over to the U.S.G.S. site?
不小心的嘛
Something like that.
小心点,慢慢来. 小心点,慢慢来. 那是我的宝贝,
Watch her, now. Take it easy. That's my baby.
轻点
There you go. Take it easy.
拜托,
Whoa! Whoa! Come on!
小心一点. 谁负责赔我车子?
Be careful! Who's gonna pay me for the damage to my goddamn car?
我说过我们不赔,这是天灾
Son, I told you, we don't do that. It's force majeure.
天灾个头!那车可是辆古董车
Force majeure, my ass! That car's a classic '73 Buick Riv.
你们是谁?
Hey, now, who are you?
海哈利,国家地质调查协会
Harry Block, United States Geological Survey.
我的秘书凯艾瑞
This is my secretary, Ira Kane.
我们是来调查陨石事件. 如果没搞错的话
We're here to investigate the meteor if, indeed, that is what it is.
不会错的,它差点炸烂我的车
Of course it's damn meteor. It almost blew up my damn car.
我还是搞不懂你干嘛半夜在这混
I'm still fuzzy on what you were doing there in the middle of the night.
还带着充气娃娃
Yeah, with Betty Lou here.
我在为消防员测验做准备
For the thousandth time, I was practicing for my fireman's exam,
那测验七分钟前就开始了
which, for your information, started about seven minutes ago,
请你赶快放我走吧
so I would really appreciate it if you'd let me get outta here.
你跟你的金发妞发现陨石的?
So you and the blonde found the meteor?
是我发现的. 它把我的车炸到半空中
Yeah, I found it. It bounced my car 200 feet in the air.
我能走了吗? 老巴,带他走.
Okay, can I go? Bob, get him out of here right now.
别离城
Don't leave town.
警长,这里…
Sheriff, is this the, um,
就是坠落点?
the point of penetration?
对,它贯穿到80尺下的洞穴
Yeah. It punched through into a cavern about 80 feet down.
[ Whistles ]
真厉害.
Now, that's a hole.
妈的. 下回你提箱子.
[ Groans ] Damn it! Next time, you're carrying this case.
协会代表是你,
Hey, you're the U.S.G.S. representative.
你就该自己负责.
I believe that responsibility comes with the badge.
天啊,你看看
Oh, my God. Look at that.
我想我们找到陨石了
I believe we've located the target.
笑开一点, 笑啊!
All right, two big smiles, fellas. Cheese!
好,撑着它
Okay, hold it up now. All right?
好了
Ohh! Got it.
真烫. 我撑住你.
Ooh, it's hot. It's really hot. I'll hold you up, okay?
露出警棍
Show me a little more nightstick.
这些白♥痴♥
Look at these jackasses. Muscles. Muscle pose.
装猛♥男♥,笑一个,很好
Give me big smiles, fellas. Looking good, fellas.
好了,各位,联邦人员到了
At ease, gentlemen! The Feds are here.
什么人员?
Feds? What Feds?
谁让你们下来的? 别吵了
Who let you down here? Let's not get combative, Lieutenant.
地质协会与警方长♥期♥合作愉快
The U.S.G.S. and local law enforcement...
地质协会与警方长♥期♥合作愉快
have a long history of cooperation.
我们是来搜集一些样本的
We're just down here to get some scientific samples, if that's okay with you guys.
好吧
Uh, yeah, sure.
反正我们也…搜证完毕了
We got all the, uh, photographic evidence we need. Carry on.
加油. 谢了,继续努力.
Thank you. Keep up the good work.
Wow.
它昨晚才坠落
It just hit last night, and it's got...
上面就长了东西了
stuff growing on it.
可能是青苔
Could be cave moss.
电影精选列表