世界即将毁灭
The world's gonna die.
我能感觉得到
I can feel it coming.
我们都知道 无论迟早
We knew this would happen, that sooner or later,
人类鲁莽的行为终会付出代价
man's reckless behavior would catch up with us.
自上一场雨以来已经过去八年了
Eight years since the last drop of rain
除了哄抬水价之外
and no one knows what to do
没有人知道该做什么
except raise the price of water.
井干涸了
The wells dried up.
我们不能再种植任何食物了
We can't grow our own food anymore.
也越来越难找到庇护之所了
It's gotten harder for us to stay in hiding.
我想到了露丝
And I think about Ruth.
我经常想到露丝
I always think about Ruth.
她是怎么能在自身如此
How did she survive out there
崩溃的情况下还能活下来的
on her own as broken as she is?
我希望她从未离开过
I wish she'd never left.
我希望我已经向她伸出过援手 帮了她
I wish I could have helped her, fixed her.
但我不能让自己这么想
But I can't let myself think that.
我比任何人都更加清楚
I know better than anyone.
泼出去的水
If something's broken...
永远无法收回
it stays broken.
永不褪色
镇中心旅馆
-还有人吗 -只有我一个
- Anyone else? - Just me.
住几晚
Nights?
一晚
One.
房♥费35美元 要水吗
Thirty-five for the room. Water?
半桶26美元 整桶50美元
Half is 26, full is 50.
半桶
Half.
这个 这个城镇叫什么名字来着
What... What's the name of this town?
观景公园
View Park.
好了 一共
All right, that'll be...
抱歉 我 请稍等
Sorry, I... Just a second.
抱歉 我之前在
Hi, sorry, what was I...
对了
Right.
一共
That'll be...
72美元 含税
...72, with tax.
-我想玩 -我知道
- I wanna play. - I understand.
我之前跟你怎么讲的
What did I tell you?
-安吉拉会 -等着的
- Angela will... - Wait.
我没法
It's...
不用找了
okay.
谢谢你 谢谢
Thank you. Thanks.
你好
Hello.
带着你女儿一起躲到桌子下面去
Take your daughter and get under the desk.
-你说什么 -远离窗户
- What are you talking about? - Stay away from the windows.
保护好她的头
And cover her head.
你好
Hello?
你还在吗 发生什么事了
Are you there? What's going on?
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我们没事
We're okay.
没事的
It's okay.
她说的是这个房♥间打的电♥话♥吗
She said this room called the office?
没错
Yeah.
-只有一个女人吗 -老板是这么说的
- Just one woman? - That's what the owner said.
看下后面
Check the back.
这里是紧急广播系统
This is the emergency broadcast system.
敬请等待更多
Please stand by for further information
有关水源保护的消息
about water conservation.
在等人吗
Expecting someone?
这东西太难喝了
Wow, this stuff is terrible, huh?
我都不记得一杯好喝的咖啡
I don't even remember what a, uh,
尝起来的味道了
proper cup of coffee tastes like.
如果
If...
小姐 我能
Uh, miss, can I...
-什么 不用 -拜托
- What? Oh, no. - Oh, come on.
我不能
Uh, I couldn't.
我在出差
I'm on a business trip.
反正不是我自己掏钱
Not like I'm paying for it.
拿好了 亲爱的
Here you go, honey.
谢谢
Thank you.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - Oh, all right.
我不该抱怨这咖啡的
I shouldn't have complained about it.
不 你是对的 很难喝 但是
No, you're right, it's terrible but...
太棒了
so good.
你要去哪儿
Where you headed?
我只是四处走走
Oh, uh, I'm just going.
那是
What does, uh...
那是什么意思
what does that mean?
思考思考人生
Figuring some things out.
我记得那些日子
I remember those days.
我结婚了
I'm married.
九年 两个孩子
Nine years, two kids.
所以 我的人生已经透彻了
So, my things are pretty much figured.
说到这个 我应该
Oh, speaking of which, I should...
我或许应该走了
I should probably get going here.
很高兴能和你聊天
it was nice talking to you.
保重 以及
Take care, and, uh...
祝你好运
and good luck.
-谢谢 -我是 我是比尔
- Thanks. - Oh, I'm... I'm Bill.
谢谢 比尔
Thanks, Bill.
好吧 谢谢
All right. Thank you.
亲爱的
Honey?
我在这儿呢
I'm over here.
你做什么了
What did you do?
如果你不介意我问的话
If you don't mind me asking.
真的 你可以就
Really, you can just...
-停在这儿然后我会 -听着
- pull over here and I'll... - Look, um...
我的生活非常
my life is pretty...
无聊乏味
boring.
让我帮你 好吗
Let me help you, all right?
我可以让我老婆骄傲一下
Let me make my wife proud.
离这儿大概20英里
There should be a town...
应该有个城镇
about 20 miles from here.
如果你把我送到那儿了
If you drop me there,
你就可以告诉你老婆
you can tell your wife
你今天救了别人的命
you saved someone's life today.
-就这样吗 -就这样
- That's it? - That's it.
好吧
Okay.
这真的太疯狂了 对吧 我是说
It's just crazy, right, I mean...
我们在这鸟不拉屎的地方
here we are in the middle of nowhere
然后正好就在你走出来的时候
and a cop shows up and heads right for your car
一个警♥察♥跑过来盯上你的车
just as you're walking out.
没错
Yeah.
这个世界最近变得很奇怪 不是吗
The world is a strange place these days, isn't it?
不过
But...
我想
I guess...
每个人都觉得他们活在世界末日
everyone always thinks they're living the end of the world.
我记得我的奶奶
I remember my, um, my grandmother...
当大家认为炸♥弹♥要落下的时候
telling me about, uh, getting under her desk
她告诉我在她的桌子底下藏着
when they thought the bomb was gonna drop.
然后
And...
我们仍活着
we're still here.
你知道昨晚在观景公园
Did you know there was an earthquake
发生了一场地震吗
in View Park last night?
这个地区从什么时候开始
Since when are there...
会发生地震了
earthquakes in this part of the country?
在广播中听到的 震波朝这个方向
Heard about it on the radio. Headed this way.
停在
Stopped at, uh...
旅馆那 问了个小女孩
the motel there and talked to a little girl.
听说了关于这女人的一切
Heard all about this woman
她告诉了小女孩和她的妈妈找好掩护
who told her and her mother to seek cover