那些日本人最好当心你,先生。祝你好运。
Boy, those japs better watch out for you, sir. Good luck.
工程兵团会想念你的,先生。
The Corps of Engineers is gonna miss you, sir.
- 谢谢你们,先生们。布朗森。 - 先生。
- Thank you, gentlemen. Bronson. - Sir.
我建了这个地方,所以我很乐意吃掉它。
I built this place, so I'll be glad to eat it.
干得好,先生。
Well done, sir.
你是个幸运的人。让那些日本人见鬼去吧。
You're a lucky man. Give those japs hell.
谢谢你,托马斯。
Thank you, Thomas.
确实,我会的。
Indeed, I will.
先生!
Sir!
我失去了从桌子后面出去的机会
I'm losing my chance to get out from behind a desk
- 并带着人们去战斗! - 格罗夫斯上校,算了。这有...
- and lead men in combat! - Colonel Groves, forget it. This has...
甚至布朗森也想冲锋在前。
Even Bronson wants to head for the front.
忘记前线吧。你是个工程师。
Forget about the front. You're an engineer.
这里才是你的战场。
You're gonna fight your war here.
这就是你分配给我的,这个笨蛋?死路?
Is this what you're assigning me to, this boondoggle? Dead end?
这个死胡同,格罗夫斯,有来自总统的个人支持。
This dead end, Groves, has the personal backing of the president.
这不是我所承诺的,也不是我所期望的。
This is not what I was promised, not what I expected.
然后坚持下去。前往芝加哥,与科学家聊聊。
Then bone up on it. Head to Chicago, talk to the scientist.
如果它看起来可能,进行下去。
If it looks possible, run with it.
人随便选,资源随便用。只要能让它工作起来。
Take whoever you want. Have whatever you need. Just make it work.
谁知道呢,你可能只是靠自己赢得这场战争。
Who knows, you might just win this war on your own.
在路上捡颗星吧。
Pick up a star on the way.
...为之而战,据报道他们正在痛扁德国人。
...fighting for, and they are reported to be giving the Germans hell.
尽管这些损失是盟军最严重的挫折
Though these losses represent the most serious setbacks for the Allies
在这场与纳粹的战争中。
in this war against the Nazi enemy.
太平洋战争也有坏消息。
Bad news, too, from the war in the Pacific.
我们刚刚确认了三艘美国巡洋舰的沉没。
We have just had confirmation of the sinking of three US cruisers.
阵亡士兵的姓名尚未公布,但伤亡人数很高。
Names are being withheld. The casualties are high.
进来吧!
Come in!
据报道,日本俯冲轰炸机清晨突袭了...
Reports of an early-morning raid by Japanese dive-bombers...
在这里。在这里!
In here. In here!
- 萨德? - 西拉德。
- Szard? - Szilard.
格罗夫斯将军,我在等你。进来吧!进来吧!
General Groves, I was expecting you. Come in! Come in!
对不起。有时我会卡在这里。
Forgive me. Sometimes I get stuck in here.
只是比喻。
Metaphorically.
我读过这个。
I've read this.
- 可能吗? - 你能不能给加点儿热水?
- Is it possible? - You couldn't put a little more hot in,
可以吗?
could you?
而且我不太擅长童话,所以就给我一个大团圆结局吧。
And I'm not very good at fairy tales, so just give me the happy ending.
我写的是可能的,很可能是不可避免的。
What I wrote is possible, probably inevitable.
分离铀235,然后让元素的两部分
Separate uranium 235, then arrange for two portions
突然聚在一起,这样产生的质量,
of the element to be brought together suddenly, so that the resulting mass,
一般不大于这个,
no bigger than this, general,
发生自发的自生反应。
undergoes a spontaneous self-generating reaction.
如果这是爆♥炸♥的中心……
And if this was the epicenter of that explosion...
从这里你能看到的芝加哥都会瓦解。
all of Chicago you could see from here would disintegrate.
哈利路亚。
Hallelujah.
此刻,我们所拥有的只有理论、概念、灵感,
At the moment, all we have are theories, concepts, inspirations,
- 不确定的结果... - 现在,如果我们可以制♥造♥这个设备,
- inconclusive results... - Now, if we can make this device,
- 德国人也可以? - 是的。
- so can the Krauts. - Yes.
德国有科研能力。
Germany has the scientific capability.
而且,总的来说,我们在这里需要领导。
And, general, we need leadership here.
- 我可以帮上忙! - 谢谢。
- I can help! - Thank you.
你需要一个盟友,将军!
You need an ally, general!
- 所以和我们谈谈这个将军吧。 - 为什么?
- So tell us about this general. - Why?
因为太神秘了。
Because it's so mysterious.
“在天知道的地方遇见我。
"Meet me in the middle of god-knows-where.
不早于 4:20,不晚于 4:29。”
Be there no earlier than 4:20, no later than 4:29."
嗯,据说是这样
Well, word has it
他是省级话痨
he's a provincial windbag
他一生中的大部分时间都在拉丁美洲挖洞。
who's spent most of his life digging holes in Latin America.
- 毫无疑问,当地人的坟墓。 - 哦,弗兰克。
- Graves for the natives, no doubt. - Oh, Frank.
说真的,Kitty,毕竟罗伯特是个科学家。
Seriously, Kitty, after all, Robert's a scientist.
如果军队想要他,他们就会想要他的全部。
If the Army wants him, they'll want all of him.
他的全部?为什么不把他全部带走?
All of him? Why not take all of him?
听着,我至少得听听他要提供什么。
Look, I have to at least hear what he has to offer.
- 罗伯特,我们必须开得这么快吗? - 是的!
- Robert, must we go so fast? - Yes!
- 这很疯狂。 - 是的!是的!
- It's crazy. - Yes! Yes!
这边,奥本海默博士。
This way, Dr. Oppenheimer.
博士!
Doctor!
上面这儿!
Up here!
格罗夫斯,莱斯利。朋友们叫我迪克。坐下。
Groves, Leslie. Friends call me Dick. Sit down.
独具匠心
Ingenuity.
我喜欢它。从这里无中生有地创造出来。
I love it. Created out of nothing but up here.
安全!
Clear!
老头子喜欢他的隐私,不是吗?
The old man likes his privacy, doesn't he?
你猜怎么着。
Guess what.
- 那书呆子(秃头)想要胡萝卜汁。 - 他想要什么都给他,布朗森!
- The egghead wants a carrot juice. - Get him what he wants, Bronson!
习惯就好。
Get used to it.
这家伙还真是个八号♥球。
What an eight ball this guy is.
看来这个奥本海默还挺火。
Seems this Oppenheimer's a hot number.
这上面说,他聪明绝顶。
Says here, he's got more damn brains than are decent.
他也知道,喜怒无常。他是匹难驯烈马。
He knows it too. Temperamental. He ain't gonna be an easy horse to corral.
哦,我想将军知道他在做什么。
Oh, I think the general knows what he's doing.
奥本海默和我们不是一伙的。
Oppenheimer ain't one of us.
将军选了那家伙,这是个错误。
The general picks that guy, he'll be making a mistake.
它需要被拉到一起。
It needs to get pulled together.
所以我认为你是这份工作的合适人选。
So I think you're the man for the job.
在好人面前,我有个弱点。
And I got a weakness for good men.
德国佬正在为此全力以赴。
The Krauts are working on this, full bore.
如果他们在我们之前得到它,我就不必说清楚了。
If they get it before we do, I don't have to spell it out.
你会从哪里开始?
Where would you start?
重点。
Focus.
你有各种伟大的想法,但都支离破碎。
You have great minds, but all dancing to a different tune.
将它们聚集在一起,隔离开来,不要分心。
You bring them together in one place, isolate them, no distractions.
创造一种创造性压力的氛围。
You create an atmosphere of creative stress.
每个人都竞相解决一个问题。
Everyone competing to solve one problem.
然后你拥有一个指挥者。
And you have one ringmaster.
现在,到处都是。要把一切都集中起来。
Right now, it's all over the place. You centralize everything.
有一个障碍。
There is a hitch.
有些人不喜欢你的政♥治♥色彩。
There are people out there don't like the color of your politics.
我的政♥治♥观点...
My politics...
一目了然。
are an open book.
嗯,我希望如此。
Well, I hope so.
你可能会赢得一场战争和诺贝尔奖,上帝保佑。
You could win a war and the Nobel Prize, god willing.
先生,德席尔瓦少校想让我提醒你
Sir, Major de Silva wanted me to remind you
你要赶晚六点的火车。
you've got a train to catch at 18:00 hours.
恶人不得清闲。
No rest for the wicked.
哦,医生。
Oh, doctor.
如果你接受这个,我会谦虚地、理智地这么说……
If you take this on, I say this in all humility, intellect...
不要超过这个。
don't outrank that.
这个将军很乏味,但也很神秘。
This general is a meatball, a cipher.
他能在一周内吞掉我。
He'd be eating out of the palm of my hand in a week.
那你会接受吗?
So will you accept?
还有些问题,一大堆的问题。
There are questions. There are a kaleidoscope of questions.
我知道了。
I see.
嗯,我是早餐闲聊时间的明星。
Well, I'm a star at breakfast small talk.
如果你想成为大人物的妻子,你就必须为晚餐留些食物。
You'll have to save some for evenings if you're gonna be wife of the big cheese.
这意味着搬走吗?
Would this mean moving?
哦,那你必须接受。
Oh, you have to say yes.
你对伯克利来说太聪明了。
You're too brilliant for Berkeley.
米开朗基罗的《创造亚当》。起源与命运。
Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam. Origin and destiny.
起源与命运。
Origins and destiny.
挖掘一个与发现另一个的斗争。
The struggle to unearth the one and to discover the other.
那是科学!
That is science!
当我离开这里去解开我自己的渺小命运时,
And as I leave here to unravel my own small destiny,
我祝贺你们每个人都成为精英中的精英。
I congratulate each of you on being the best of the best.
我对你们都有信心。
I have faith in you all.
上帝保佑你们,愿你们的生活丰富而甜蜜。
God keep you, and may your lives be rich and sweet.
- 谢谢。 - 我们会想念你的,奥比!
- Thank you. - We'll miss you, Oppie!
电影精选列表