1917年 我自愿入伍去法国战场参加一战
In 1917, I signed up to fight the Huns in France.
战场上 周围的好人一个个地死去
Good men died all around me.
我看到他们没理由地 就这么失去生命
And I saw no reason for it.
我们生存的规则尽是谎言
The rules we lived by were lies.
而且炮制规则的人 却不受其限制
And they didn't apply to those who made them.
我发誓如果自己能活着回去 我再也不会循规蹈矩
I swore if I made it home, I would never follow orders again.
离家时 我是一名士兵
I left a soldier.
归来时 我成为一名法外之徒
I came home an outlaw.
在新的人生中 抢劫一场接着一场
I lived one robbery to the next.
白天的时间 昏昏欲睡
A good day was filled by sleep,
而美妙的夜晚 我们尽情享受 永不回头
and a good night spent running too hard to look back.
十年如一日的生活 就这样过去 直到它的阴影撵上了我
I lived that life for 10 years until it caught up to me.
一切都从一名“线人”开始
It all started with an inside man.
Albert White帮 当晚在玩一场赌注极高的牌戏
The Albert White crew was playing a high stakes poker game,
帮派内的线人 提前帮我们开了后门
and our inside man left the back door open for us.
三 二 一
Three, two, one.
把他妈的钱拿出来
Give us the fucking money.
- 哎呀 你们知道你们抢的是谁的地盘吗 - 快拿钱
- Do you know whose fucking place this is? - Give it!
你知道你们现在糟蹋的是谁的牌局吗 蠢材
I asked, "Do you know whose fucking card game this is", you fucking dunce?
- 听说过Albert White吗 - 你话太多了 傻♥逼♥
- You heard of Albert White? - Keep talking, bimbo.
小姐 过这边来
Miss, come here. Come here!
你们抢钱之前 想喝点什么吗
Do you want a drink to go with your robbery?
不用了 只要钱 把钱放进这个袋子里
No. Just the money. Put it in the bag.
来吧 全都放进袋子里 不急
Let's go. In the bag. Right here. Nice and easy.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
Emma Gould 你呢
Emma Gould. What's yours?
- 你要把袜子塞到我的嘴里吗 - 是的
- You're gonna put a sock in my mouth? - That's right.
袜子 塞到我嘴里吗
A sock? In my mouth?
这只袜子从没穿过 我不会骗你的
Never been used before, and I wouldn't lie to you.
骗子都这么说
That's what all the liars say.
快点 把嘴张开
Quick, open up.
快点来一下——
Just do a quick...
看着点他
Watch this guy.
好了
Here we go.
嘿 把你该死的手放在桌子上
Hey, put your fucking hands on the table.
好极了
Great.
好了 兄弟们 我们走吧
All right, boys. Let's go.
你胆子可真大
You've got some balls.
慢点开 别一副做贼心虚的样子
Just slow down and stop driving like we did something.
放松点
Relax.
成果颇丰 收获不小
We made out pretty good.
It was a nice hit.
对 都是因为我厉害
Yeah, it's all mine.
你就是干这个的呗
Yeah. It's a living.
- 去你的吧 死爱尔兰佬 - 别闹 好好开车
- Yeah, you fucking Mick. - Get the fuck out of here. Drive the car.
午安 我是Albert White
Good afternoon. I'm Albert White.
你一定就是Joe了
You must be Joe.
对 Joe Coughlin
Coughlin.
不错 终于把名字和脸对起来了
Good to put a face to the name.
这是Brandon Loomis 我的一个朋友
This is Brennan Loomis, friend of mine.
你好吗
How are you?
你跟两个蠢家伙 搞些几块几十块钱的小偷小摸
You're too smart for the stuff you've been pulling.
真有些大材小用
Nickel and diming with two dumb Guineas.
他们虽然是你的朋友 但也不过是两个意大利蠢货
They're your friends, but they're stupid and they're wops.
他们连四十岁都活不过
And they won't live to see 40.
给你点时间考虑
Take your time.
记住 你不可能一个人成事的
But you can't work on your own.
在这里绝对不可能
Not in this town.
Albert正在城市里召集人马
Albert was rounding up the troops.
这里正在进行一场悄无声息的私酒战争
There was a war going on over rum.
Dermot 去说一声
Dermot, go and have a word.
参战双方是Albert White的爱尔兰帮
Albert White ran the Irish mob...
Brennan 给我盯住他
Brennan, keep an eye on him.
好
Uh-huh.
以及Maso Pescatore和他的意大利黑帮
...and Maso Pescatore ran the Italians.
帮派火拼 针锋相对
It was tit for tat.
这是波士顿历史上最危险的一年
The deadliest year in the history of Boston.
White帮派 派人烧毁运酒卡车
White's gang set fire to rum trucks.
然后一个为Maso卖♥♥命的家伙
Then a guy on Maso's payroll
不慎带了某个没人见过的陌生女人一起回家
went home with a girl no one had seen before.
这场战争没有胜利者 留下的只是无比糟糕的局面
No winner. Just a lot of mess.
我不想参与White和他的战争
I wanted nothing to do with Albert White and his war.
但选择权不在我的手上
But I didn't have a choice.
因为他的情人 就是我的“线人”
His girlfriend was my inside man.
我深深地爱着她
And I was in love with her.
如果Albert发现她要离开 她就是死路一条
He'd kill her if she tried to leave him,
如果他发现我和她在一起 他杀死我们十次都不嫌多
and he'd kill us both 10 times over if he found out we were together.
但被爱情冲昏头脑的我们变得愚蠢
But we were in love and we were stupid.
如果他不在城里 我们就会相聚
And every time he was out of town, we were together.
这样的计划天衣无缝
The fit was perfect.
他趁我没有防备的时候 突然来向我寻仇
get revenge on me, when I least expect it.
- 你只是在说傻话罢了 - 我没有
- You just keep saying stupid things. - No, I don't.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我知道你想听我说什么 我可不是傻瓜
I know what you like to hear 'cause I'm no fool.
我可没那么傻
Like a book.
我可以跟你们一起坐吗
Mind if I join you?
抱歉 老头子 我们在等人呢
Sorry, Father Time, we're waiting for someone.
别
No.
Emma 这是我父亲 Thomas Coughlin
Emma, this is my father, Tom Coughlin.
爸爸 这是我的朋友 Emma Gould
Dad, this is my friend, Emma Gould.
幸会 Gould小姐
Pleasure, Miss Gould.
我能坐下吗
Mind if I sit down?
Gould小姐 你是哪里人
Where are you from, Miss Gould?
多切斯特人
Dorchester.
不 我是问你到美国之前 很显然你是爱尔兰人
No, I meant before. You're clearly Irish.
我妈妈的家庭来自柯克
All my mother's people are from Cork.
哦 是吗 她叫什么名字
Really? What's her maiden name?
- 我不知道 - 你不知道吗
- I don't know. - You don't know?
我妈妈很早就去世了 所以--
She died. She's dead, my mum, so...
那么 你是做什么的
So, what is it you do?
这里真是个虚荣和炫耀的地方 对吧
It's a real swank place, this, isn't it?
我知道我儿子靠什么生活
I'm aware of how my son earns a living.
所以我估计你跟我儿子的相识
I can only assume that if you've come into contact with him,
不是在犯罪现场
it was either during a crime,
就是在某些残暴之人聚集的场合
or in an establishment populated by rough characters.
我的问题让你不舒服了吗
Are my questions making you feel uncomfortable?
我不明白你想说什么
I don't know what you're on about.
但是实话讲 我一点不在乎
And to be honest, I don't really care.
我想说的是 你是那种会和犯罪分子勾搭在一起的人
I'm on about you being the type of lassie who consorts with criminals.
我不在乎我儿子是不是犯罪分子
The fact that the criminal is my son isn't the issue.
我儿子始终是我儿子 这一点不会改变
It is that my son is still my son.
现在他却和你这种
And I have feelings that cause me
自愿伴随在犯罪分子和危险人物左右的女人一起
to question the wisdom of consorting with the type of woman
让我怀疑他的选择是否理智
who knowingly consorts with criminals.
- 你听懂了吗 - 好了 爸爸 说够了没有
- Did you follow all that? - Enough, Dad. Enough. Okay?
我叔叔提到过一个拿钱替他卖♥♥命的警♥察♥姓Coughlin
My uncle mentioned a copper on his payroll, name of Coughlin.
那是你吧
Is that you?
你说的叔叔是不是叫Robert
This uncle would be your Uncle Robert?
人们都叫他Bobo 对吗
Who everyone knows as "Bobo"?
你说的那个警♥察♥的名字是Elmore Conklin
No, the police officer you refer to is Elmore Conklin.
他在萨文丘警局
He's stationed in Savin Hill.
他收取Bobo这种非法帮派的保护费
He collects shakedowns from illegal establishments such as Bobo's.
虽然我基本上不会拜访多切斯特
I rarely get over to Dorchester.
但是作为总警督
Still, as deputy superintendent,
我对打击Bobo这种非法帮派 还是很有兴趣的
I'd be happy to take a greater interest in Bobo.
我要去补个妆
I need to powder.
有这个必要吗
Was that necessary?
又不是我挑起的争端 Joseph
I didn't start the fight, Joseph.
所以别怪我说了什么话把它结束
So, don't criticize me for how I finished it.
我当警♥察♥已经37年了
I've been a police officer for 37 years.
我学到的最重要的一件事 你知道是什么吗
电影精选列表