I guess the first time anybody came right out and said it was when I was six years old.
我想第一次有人站出来说这句话是在我六岁的时候
Who is it
是谁
是我
娜塔莉
Natalie, darling, what's wrong?
娜塔莉 亲爱的 怎么了
What happened?
出什么事了
It was Kenny schroder, mama!
是肯尼·施罗德 妈妈
He called me a name!
他给我起了个名
A name? What kind of a name?
名字 什么名
It wasn't my fault! I warned Kenny what would happen if he said it again!
不关我的事 我已经警告过肯尼 如果他敢再叫一遍
Mama, don't let them in! It wasn't my fault!
妈妈 别让他们进来 那不是我的错
Look. Look what she did, your gangster daughter.
快看你的恶毒女儿都做了什么
You know, there's only one place for a girl like that, Mrs. Miller.
米勒太太 像她这样的女孩只有一个地方可以去
That's sing sing. Sing sing with the rest of the gangsters.
就是辛辛监狱 和其他匪徒一起关着
Mrs. schroder, calm yourself.
施罗德夫人 冷静点
- What are they? - What do they look like?
- 这是什么 - 你觉得是什么
Teeth! Beautiful teeth like you never saw before.
牙齿 你从未见过的漂亮的牙齿
Seven years old and he's gonna have to have a bridge
他才七岁就得去做口腔搭桥
and all on account of your daughter, the gangster.
全拜你那流氓女儿所赐
Sorry, Mrs. schroder, but your son, he called her names.
抱歉 施罗德夫人 但你儿子说了她不好听的
"Clown face" he called her, that's all, just clown face.
他叫她"丑八怪" 仅仅就这个 丑八怪
A terrible thing to call a girl.
可女孩子接受不了啊
Mrs. Miller, I raised Kenneth never to lie.
米勒太太 我教肯尼斯从不撒谎
He said what he saw.
他说的完全是事实
To pick up a shovel and knock out teeth when someone tells the truth...
人家实话实说 结果你拿起铁锹敲掉人家牙齿
I don't have to take that kind of talk in my house.
你要这么说就没法再聊了
Now please leave, I've got nothing more to say to you.
现在请离开 我不想再跟你说什么了
To me you don't have to talk, to my lawyer you'll talk plenty!
你不用跟我说 你等着跟我律师说吧
Natalie, darling, come on out.
娜塔莉 亲爱的 出来吧
No, I want to stay here in the dark!
不 我要待在底下
- For how long? - For my whole life
- 待多久 - 待一辈子
because I'm funny-looking and I'm homely just like Kenny schroder said.
就像肯尼说的 我长得很搞笑 很平庸
Natalie, you're not homely.
娜塔莉 你不丑啊
You have a very sweet face.
你有一张甜甜的脸蛋
Sweet is for a grape, mama.
甜是用来形容葡萄的 妈妈
I'm a girl. I want to be pretty.
我是个女孩 我想变得美丽漂亮
Look, when you grow up, you'll be pretty.
听着 等你长大了 你自然会漂亮的
That's when it's important.
那时候才看重这个
Now you shouldn't think about it.
现在你用不着考虑这个
How do you know I'll be pretty when I grow up?
你怎么知道我长大了会变漂亮
Please, come on out.
拜托 出来吧
No. First, tell me how you know I'll be pretty.
不要 你得先告诉我你怎么知道我会变漂亮
Well, little girls with sweet faces like yours,
像你这样长着甜甜脸蛋的小女孩
they always grow up to be pretty.
她们长大后总是很漂亮
It's the girls who are pretty when they're little
而小的时候很漂亮的女孩
that grow up not to be pretty when they're big.
长大后就不好看了
- Are you sure, mama? - Ah, believe me, darling.
- 你确定吗 妈妈 - 相信我 亲爱的
That's how god evens things out.
上帝就是这样安排的
Come on, baby, come on out.
来吧 宝贝 出来吧
Mama lied.
妈妈骗了我
I guess I put papa on the spot, too, when he asked me what I wanted for my seventh birthday.
我想我也让爸爸为难了 因为他问我七岁生日想要什么礼物
A mirror? What do you need a mirror for for your birthday?
镜子 你过生日要镜子做什么
So I can watch myself grow pretty.
这样我就能看着自己变漂亮了
Like mama said.
就像妈妈说的
Ugh! Oh, Natalie.
啊 哦 娜塔莉
Natalie, darling, there are mirrors all over the house.
娜塔莉 亲爱的 房♥子里到处都是镜子
You don't need your own mirror.
你自己不需要镜子
And, anyway, I told you not to worry about it.
不管怎样 我告诉过你别担心了
It'll... it'll happen.
到时候自然就漂亮了
You just have to wait and not think about it.
你只需要耐心等待 不要总想
Of course it'll happen.
肯定会变漂亮的
It's happening now.
现在就有迹象了
- You think so, papa? - Mm-hm.
- 你这么认为吗 爸爸 - 嗯嗯
But a mirror you don't need.
但你不需要镜子
I'll be your mirror.
我就是你的镜子
To me, you're already beautiful.
对我来说 你已经很美了
I guess I don't have to tell you this wasn't me.
不用我说你也知道 这位不是我
This was Betty Simon, my best friend.
她是贝蒂·西蒙 我的闺蜜
I hated her.
我讨厌她
I was the girl next to her.
我是她邻座的女孩
The boy was Stanley Dexter.
这个男孩是斯坦利·德克斯特
I feel like I spent practically all my school years
我感觉我替这俩性变♥态♥传纸条
passing notes back and forth between these two sex perverts.
几乎贯穿我整个学生时代
I felt sorry for Betty.
我曾为贝蒂感到难过
I mean, still believing what mama said about pretty girls growing up to be ugly.
我是说 我还相信妈妈说的漂亮女孩长大后会变丑
When I thought of how ugly she was gonna get, I wanted to cry.
一想到她会变得好丑 我就潸然泪下
Some ugly she turned out.
还真是有点丑
That's me in the tiger outfit.
那个老虎装的就是我
I wanted to be a cheerleader, but I guess they felt it would be better for team morale
我想当啦啦队长 但我猜他们觉得像贝蒂·西蒙这样的女孩当啦啦队长
if girls like Betty Simon were cheering for them.
更能鼓舞士气
Maybe if I really was a tiger, somebody would've asked me if I was hurt.
如果我真的是只老虎的话 也许会有人关心我是不是受伤了
I had three sprained vertebrae in my lower lumbar region.
我的下腰椎三根椎骨扭伤
It meant the end of my career as a tiger.
这意味着我的老虎生涯结束了
That hurt. I wasn't just Natalie Miller.
我很伤心 曾经我不仅是娜塔莉·米勒
I was Natalie, the team tiger.
还是队中的猛虎
It gave me identity.
它给了我存在感
I finally got my own mirror.
我终于有了自己的镜子
My uncle Harold, who was in the Navy, sent it to me from Japan for my seventh birthday
这是我在海军服役的叔叔哈罗德从日本寄给我的 作为我七岁生日礼物
after papa mentioned in a letter I'd asked for one.
因为爸爸在信中提到我想要一个
I remember thinking it was the greatest mirror in the world when I got it.
我记得当我拿到它时 我认为这是世界上最好的镜子
Isn't it terrible how one day you can think something is the greatest and the next day you hate it?
你说可不可怕 今天你还认为它是最好的 结果第二天你就讨厌了
Not that it happened that fast with me, but by the time I was 17, I had to admit,
对我来说不算很快 但在我17岁的时候 我不得不承认
that mirror and me were on the outs.
我和那面镜子闹掰了
Still, even the things you hate you sometimes can't help loving
然而 即使是你讨厌的东西 有时你也会情不自禁地爱上
because of what they've been through with you.
因为它们陪伴着你共度时光
Natalie, are you almost dressed?
娜塔莉 你快穿好了吗
A minute, mama.
在等一分钟 妈妈
Natalie, darling, hurry, you'll miss the bus.
娜塔莉 亲爱的 快点 不然会错过公车的
Natalie, darling, you ready?
娜塔莉 亲爱的 准备好了吗
Oh! Oh, darling.
哦 哦 亲爱的
You look lovely.
你看起来可爱无比
Let me try my fur stole just for a little something extra.
让我试试我的毛皮披肩 加一件装饰
Mama, I'm gonna call Betty and tell her I can't go.
妈妈 我要打电♥话♥给贝蒂 告诉她我不去了
Why can't you go?
为什么不去
Well, you're all dressed, it's a Saturday night.
你都打扮这么好了 今天是周六晚上
Go enjoy yourself.
好好去玩玩啊
I thought about it, and just because Betty Simon calls me at the last minute to tell me that
我想过了 因为贝蒂·西蒙在最后一刻打电♥话♥告诉我
she's gotten me a date, if I could be ready in two hours,
她给我安排了个约会 如果我能在两小时内准备好
is no reason to change our plans.
就没有理由改变我们的计划
I mean, after all, mama, papa was bringing home a pizza and we were gonna watch television.
毕竟 爸爸会带披萨回家 我们可以边吃边看电视
Oh, Natalie, so for once you miss Saturday night at the movies at home.
娜塔莉 不就是错过一次周六晚上在家看电影嘛
But why disappoint your date?
至于直接爽约吗
You know, he might be a very nice boy.
说不定 他可能是个非常棒的男孩
Will you try the stole just for me, huh?
你能不能为我试一下披肩
Oh, come on, it's not that hard.
哦 得了吧 别这么墨迹
Sit up, let me just put it on your shoulders.
坐起来 我来给你披上
There, now we'll get your hair out.
好了 再把你的头发弄出来
Oh, that's not so bad.
哦 还不错嘛
Put your... put your arm through here 'cause it'll slip otherwise.
把你…把你的胳膊从这里伸过去 不然会滑下来的
Here now, just let me look at you.
来 让我看看
Oh. Oh, you look lovely.
哦 哦 你看起来很漂亮
Go on, hurry. Hurry, you'll miss the bus.
走吧 快点 快点 你要赶不上公交车了
Mama, you really think I should wear this stole?
妈妈 你真觉得我该穿这条披肩吗
I mean, I just don't think that girls are wearing these anymore.
我是说 我觉得现在女生没人穿这个了
Well, I think it looks very nice on you.
嗯 我觉得你穿起来很好看啊
But if it makes you uncomfortable...
但如果实在让你不舒服的话
Look, you wear what you think the boy will like.
那你穿你认为男孩会喜欢的衣服
- I'll wear the stole, mama. - Good.
- 我会穿的 妈妈 好
I mean, it might get cold, and why should I be cold just for a blind date?
我是说 到时候可能会着凉 我为什么要因为约个会而着凉呢
- I'm gonna get my bag. - What do you mean "just for a blind date"?
- 我去拿包- 你说"只是约个会"是什么意思
You know, your father was a blind date.
你知道吗 你父亲就是相亲上认识的
电影精选列表