I'm so glad you arrived in time to film me
很高兴你能及时赶来
at the most humiliating low point imaginable of my entire existence.
拍摄我一生中 你所能想象的最为羞耻的低谷时期
I've spent 50 years drowning in pleasure,
我耽于享乐50载
more pleasure than most people ever experienced in a day,
每天都享受着常人难以企及的乐趣
and now that I'm like a monk trapped in a monastery,
现在我活得好似庙里的和尚
here comes the film crew.
摄制组也就闻风而至
There is no way you can hear this.
这故事我是独家爆料
No one knew my past.
谁也不知道我的过去
I popped up out of nowhere,
我突然冒出来
and I was forever marked as like, you know,
会永远被人看作是
a self-hating enemy to gay people.
一名自怨自艾的同性恋之敌
- Great. - That's gonna come off.
- 好 - 这样会掉的
All right. Don't!
好吧 别!
I don't care. Butch. It's butch to be sloppy.
无所谓的 别弄得像个女同性恋者
Don't film me smoking, 'cause I told my family I quit.
别把我吸烟的样子拍进去啊 我跟家人说我戒了的
- Okay. - Fuck 'em.
- 好 - 骗人就该骗到底
I really don't feel comfortable telling you this.
把这些告诉你 我心里真不怎么舒服
I would make them get down on their knees and suck my di...
我让他们跪着吹♥箫♥...
- I mean, I'm 51 years old, Daryl. - I know, I know.
- 我51岁了 Daryl - 我明白 我懂的
- It's just, you know... - I know...
- 我只是... - 我知道...
I can't think of anything more unsexual
我想象不出还有什么事
than listening to some old fart
是比听一个老家伙
talk about how he got his dick sucked in 1979.
谈论他如何在1979年走上同性恋之路 更无趣的了
No, it's really interesting.
不 这故事很有趣
I really get under people's skin because I've broken every rule,
我肯定把大家气得够呛 因为我坏了所有的规矩
I've done everything my own way,
凡事都是我行我素
I've done everything you can do to kill yourself,
所作所为足以自裁
and I'm still standing.
但我却还活着
Safe sex came about because of three people.
安全性行为一说 源自三个人
Dr. Joseph Sonnabend, who had the scientific background.
一个是Joseph Sonnabend博士 科学家
Michael Callen, who was a beloved activist, who really...
一个是Michael Callen 深受爱戴的活动家 他...
gay men connected to when he spoke
当他演说的时候 男同性恋们都很关注
because he was so brutally honest.
因为他十分真诚
And me, because I had the health and the anger
还有一个就是我了 我身体健康
to stay on top of the two of them.
也比他俩更有精力
Joe, who was busy with patients.
Joe 天天忙着诊病
Michael who was, you know, not in the best of health.
Michael 身体不太好
I had the energy and time
我精力旺盛 时间充沛
to make sure the words got on the page,
足以保证采访顺利
the writing got done, and the book got out.
文章定稿 书刊付梓
片名: 安全性行为
It was Joe and Michael and Richard who walked in and said it.
这事是Joe Michael和Richard三人提起来的
They said directly to men that this was happening
他们直接告诉人们 该病正呈蔓延趋势
and how to keep it from happening.
该怎样阻止它的蔓延
I think Richard and Michael knew what they were talking about.
我觉得Richard和Michael知道他们在说什么
They were speaking from the epicenter of the epidemic
他们站在疾病蔓延的中心呐喊
and speaking truths that people didn't want to hear
给人们灌输那些他们不愿意听
and didn't want to listen to.
也听不进去的真♥相♥
The idea that gay men would wear condoms was ludicrous in 1982.
1982年时 男同性恋戴安全套一事 还被人当做笑话来看
They were using a...
他们说着...
a vernacular, a vocabulary
在当时看来
that was very politically incorrect in terms of the moment.
不合时宜的话 听者寥寥
No matter what, the idea of reducing exposure to fluids,
无论如何 减少体液接触的想法
reducing exposure to fluids that may contain infectious agents,
减少接触可能携带致病原体液的想法
both are really, you know, the cornerstones of safer sex.
是安全性生活理论的基础
I think people should know who Richard Berkowitz is,
我觉得人们应该了解Richard Berkowitz其人
and I should hope that Richard
我希望Richard能站出来
will come out and say what it's done to his life.
说说他生活所遭遇的剧变
What all of these people just, you know,
说说这些人如何
not wanting to accept what he had to say.
抵触他的言论
The frustration and how he dealt with it.
说说他遇到的挫折 和他面对挫折所做的努力
← 克里斯托弗街 → 同性恋街
The first week that I had moved into my apartment,
我搬进公♥寓♥的第一周
you know, I suddenly felt like the kid in the proverbial candy store,
突然觉得自己像谚语中提到的 那个糖果铺里的孩子
because I was 23 years old,
我23岁了
I had my own place in Manhattan,
在曼哈顿有自己的住所
and the city was exploding with sexual playgrounds.
这座城市俯拾皆是性♥爱♥乐园
I mean there were places to go and have sex
我是说 有很多地方供人做♥爱♥
morning, noon, and night.
无论早 中 晚
Paradise Garage
天堂车♥库♥
A lot of gay men who lived the lifestyle I did...
许多男同性恋和我的生活方式如出一辙...
it was who they were, it was our identity.
这是他们的标志 也是我们的特征
It was what we lived for.
我们就是为此而活
Gay liberation began about men loving men,
同性恋解放运动始于男子互相爱慕
but it became about So Many Men, So Little Time.
后来却变成了"男人多 时间少"(同名歌♥曲)的问题
And what that meant was, so much dick, so little time.
换句话说 交♥媾♥的时间永不够
It got taken over by this explosion of commercial sex establishments
最后造成商业性事机构的激增
where the only thing that brought gay men together was sex.
在这些场所 能让男同性恋聚集到一起的 只有性
One night, I was at the Rawhide Bar.
在"皮鞭吧"的某夜
This was the beginning of the end.
是我走向末路的开始
And I met this really hot guy.
在那儿 我遇到了个帅哥
And we got it started.
然后我们擦出了火花
We took one look at each other and we knew we were gonna walk out
我们彼此只看了一眼 就知道我们会离开这里
and go home and have sex.
回家 去做♥爱♥
And just as we turned to leave the bar,
正当我们转身准备离开的时候
he said, "What is that bump under your ear?"
他说 "你耳朵下面的肿块是什么东西?"
I had completely blocked it out of my mind.
我早已把肿块的事情抛诸脑后
And I could feel like the earth quaking all around me,
这下 我感觉天崩地裂一般
and I didn't know what to say .
却不知该说些什么
And he said, "Listen, I think I'm gonna call it a night."
他便说 "今晚到此为止吧"
And I remember, like, leaning back on the Pac-Man machine
我记得我靠在一台食鬼游戏机上
feeling like a fucking leper, like an abandoned leper,
觉得自己就像麻风病人 而且是个被抛弃的麻风病人
and thinking, "Something's changing. Something bad is happening."
脑中想着 "大事不好 要坏事了"
Atlanta, Georgia.
乔治亚州 亚特兰大市
Doctors at the Center for Disease Control
疾控中心的医师们
sift through volumes of research data
在对大量研究数据进行筛选
as they close in the causes
他们想弄清一种
of the mysterious and deadly epidemic known as AIDS.
神秘且致命的流行病 俗称艾滋病的起因
Memphis, Tennessee.
田纳西州 孟菲斯市
A popular television evangelist preaches that the new epidemic
一名受欢迎的电视布道者 宣扬说这种新的流行病
is a natural, inevitable result of sin.
是原罪的必然结果
Incurable and, so far, 100 percent fatal
无药可救 而且迄今为止 百分百致命
because of promiscuous homosexuality.
就因为滥交的同性恋
Washington, D.C.
华盛顿哥伦比亚特区
20,000 gay men marched through the streets
两万名男同性恋上街游♥行♥
to demand an increase in government spending
要求政♥府♥加大投入
to fight the epidemic.
攻克这种流行病
So far, over 800 people have died from the disease
迄今为止 已有800多人死于此病
and 70 percent of the victims have been homosexual or bisexual men.
死者中 有70%是同性恋或者双性恋
At the very least, there should be a quarantine
至少 应该设立一个隔离区
of all homosexuals, drug abusers, and prostitutes
把所有染上艾滋病的同性恋 吸毒者 以及娼妓
with the frank disease AIDS.
隔离起来
- Right now. - A quarantine?
- 马上隔离 - 隔离区?
A quarantine.
对 隔离区
They should be confined to quarters or hospital if that is necessary.
如有必要 应将他们隔离进营房♥ 或是医院
AIDS was more complicated than just a new germ.
艾滋病远非一种新型病菌那么简单
There may be a new germ. There may not be a new germ.
它可能是由新型病菌导致 也可能不是
But there's a lot of things going on in an urban-gay-male lifestyle
但都市男同性恋的生活方式中
that are bad for the immune system.
存在着不少对他们免疫系统有害的事
Let's look at what we know
了解我们所知道的
and keep an open mind for what we have yet to discover.
并对我们尚未发现的事 也保持开明的态度
But it was an indictment of urban promiscuity.
但艾滋病是对都市滥交的控诉
There is a new case and a half each day
仅在纽约市
in New York City alone.
每日新增病例就达1.5之多
Do you know what it's like to have 18 of your own friends
一年半死掉18个朋友
in a year and a half die?
你知道这是什么感觉吗?
Men who are at the height of their creative usefulness to society?
而且都死在他们最年富力强的时候?
All men under 50 years old?
死时甚至未满50岁?
In one year, I am asked to live with the kind of problems...
某年 有人让我接受这种问题...
or problems is the wrong word...
或者不该称之为问题...
experiences that my mother, at 84 years old,
姑且称之为经历吧 我84岁的老母亲
电影精选列表