我叫谢美英
My name is Tse Mei-Ying.
但大家都叫我谢姐
But people call me Sister Tse.
我从不迷信美国梦
I never believed in the American dream.
只知道怎样活下去
All I knew was how to survive.
我和一个台♥湾♥蛇头做了交易
I made a deal with a snakehead from Taiwan.
他带我到纽约 我为他卖♥♥淫
Prostitution for smuggling me to New York.
我知道我们可能会死 但我们都有各自各的理由
I knew we could die, but we all have our reasons.
趴在地上
Get on the ground!
今天凌晨四点左右
At approximately 4 a.m. today,
一艘载有数百名中国屈蛇客的货船
a cargo boat with hundreds of smuggled Chinese migrants
在皇后区洛克威♥海♥滩被联邦调查局截获
was intercepted by the FBI off of Rockaway Beach, Queens.
中国的人口起私者 俗称蛇头
Chinese human smugglers, often known as snakeheads,
对偷渡客的健康
have shown a reckless disregard for the health
和安全完全不顾
and safety of the migrants being smuggled.
滚开
Fuck out of my face.
还有谁想要挨打吗
Anybody else want a home run?
来呀
Come on.
立刻收声
Now you shut the fuck up.
欢迎来到美国
Welcome to America.
- 来 喝吧 - 乾杯
- Here you go, drink! - Cheers!
- 芭比 - 开始
- Barbie. - Let's go.
过来坐
Hey, come, sit.
想吃东西吗 你们饿吗
You wanna eat, you guys hungry?
也许我以前走的是光明之路
Maybe I went the light way before.
喂 你欠多少债
Hey you, how much you owe?
喝吧 会让你感觉好些
Drink, it'll make you feel better.
我欠蛇头五万七千美元
I owed $57,000 to the snakehead.
重要的是我来了
All that mattered was that I was here.
我们都有自己的理由
We all have our reasons.
我来美国是找我女儿
I came to America to find my daughter.
化点妆
Put some makeup on.
够钟开工
Time for work.
你好
Hi.
我叫史蒂夫 史蒂夫
My name is Steve, Steven.
你叫什麽名字
What's your name?
婊♥子♥ 你咬我
Bitch, you bit me!
他妈的
Fuck!
他妈的怎麽回事
The fuck is going on?
打死这婊♥子♥ 大妈
Kill the bitch, Dai Mah!
她想勒死我
She tried to kill me!
如果你被人骗 你会怎麽想
What would you do if somebody fucked you up?
这里人人都要工作挣钱
Everyone has to work and earn here.
我可以工作 我可以挣钱
I can work, I can earn.
给我一个机会
Just give me a chance.
我刚刚给了你机会
I just gave you a chance.
那种工作是弱女子才做的
That kind of work is for the weak.
我不是弱女子
I'm not weak.
所以你觉得我不公平
Ah, so you think I'm unfair?
不
No.
有规矩的
There are rules.
唐人街不会为任何人改变规矩
Chinatown doesn't change for anyone.
来
Come on.
这是洪
This is Hong.
他来这里的原因和你一样
He came here for the same reasons you did.
但他背叛了我 背叛我的家人
But he betrayed me, my family,
还有你
and you.
联邦调查局的突袭是他通风报信
He set up the FBI ship raid.
谢姐 你会怎样做呀
So Sister Tse, what would you do
当有人背叛了你家人
if someone betrayed your family?
我并非每次都能做出正确的选择
I didn't always make the right choice,
但我总能活下来
but I always survived.
我被抓之后 坐了八年监
After I got caught, went to jail for eight years.
他们带走了我女儿 她在纽约被人收养
They took my daughter away, and she was adopted in New York.
我出狱后 发誓要找到她
When I got out, I vowed to find her.
嗨
Hey.
不对
Uh, no.
来 我教教你
Come on, let me show you.
首先...
At first...
适量的肉馅
Get the right amount of meat.
当初我信不过扎里布
I didn't trust Zareeb.
这里抹些水
Water here.
有助于黏住
Helps it stick, you know?
- 但最后... - 折叠起来 捏一捏
- But in the end... - Fold it over, pinch.
他是我唯一的朋友
He was my only friend.
好了
Voila.
你试试
You try.
我们是一样的人
We were the same.
在美国生活很艰难 但是
You know, America is tough, but look,
至少我们都找到了工作
at least we have jobs here.
我们都靠大妈生存
We both depended on Dai Mah to survive.
你要多多练习
Might need a lot more practice.
你会得到的 你是聪明人
You'll get it, you're smart.
你是福州人还是广东人
You from Fuzhou or Guangdong?
那里来的
Where are you from?
你说中文吗
You speak Chinese?
一点点
Just a little.
但是我的法语好好多
But my French is much better.
你看
Look.
我老婆很快来这里
My wife come here soon.
然后我就自己开店
Then I'm going to open my own restaurant,
扎里布的特色饺子
Zareeb's Famous Dumplings.
你在这里有亲人吗
You have a family here?
返回去工作
Get back to work.
拜托 大妈
Come on, Dai Mah.
有劳动法的 我有休息时间
We got labor laws, I get breaks.
喂 老板娘出声了 走吧
Hey, you hear boss lady, let's go.
不 你不要走
No, you stay.
我有其他赚钱更多的工作
I've got some other jobs that pay more.
多少钱
How much?
你给我带了什麽
What'd you bring me?
扎里布做的饺子真的很好
Zareeb really does make good dumplings.
我能放心让你收钱吗
Can I trust you with money?
我需要换个收钱人
I need a new collector.
我的客户对女性的反应比“排骨”更好
My clients respond better to women than Pai Gwut.
对我有什麽好处
What's in it for me?
给你一个清单 你去收钱
Give you a list, you collect.
我每月从你的欠款中扣减二百美元
I take $200 out each month of what you owe.
如果他们不给钱呢
If they don't pay?
会给的
They will.
手痕吗
Feeling lucky?
这是给你的小费
Well here's your tip.
你们应该用镀铜的骰子
You should use the ones with the copper coating.
边都磨平了 太假了
To round the corners, a dead giveaway.
有句关于不忘本的俗语
There is a saying where I'm from.
饮水 不忘掘井人
When drinking water, remember the source.
我清楚自己来这里的目的
I knew why I was here.
我四个月找不到她
Four months I couldn't find her,
然后有一天 突然看到了她
and then one day, there she was.
每个週日我都跟著她去教堂
Every Sunday I followed her to church.
即使已经八年了 母亲依然瞭解自己的女儿
Even after eight years, a mother knows her daughter.
我的寻找结束了
My search was over.
但我不知道接下来该做什麽
But I didn't know what to do next.
大妈的走私集团维持著
Dai Mah's smuggling empire kept the peace
腐朽的唐人街黑社会的和平
in a dying Chinatown underworld.
进出口公♥司♥ 卡车司机
Import-export companies, truck drivers
和职业介绍所都依赖她
and employment agencies all depended on her.
对他们来说 走私是无害的
For them, smuggling was harmless.
但人人都知道这不会长久的
But everyone knew this wouldn't last.
只要他们口风严密 就能吃上饭
If they kept quiet, they got to eat.
即使是兰博的女友辛赫
Even Rambo's girlfriend Sinh