你们想听故事吗?
Are you ready for a tale?
一个和群山一样古老的故事
A tale as old as the hills themselves?
据说这山脉是有生命的
They say the mountain is alive.
它从所有的活物 身上吸收生气
It takes breaths from all that is living:
树木,鲜花
the trees, the flowers,
绿草
the grass.
但这山脉也是不可饶恕的
But the mountain is also unforgiving,
它随心所欲的掠夺
and takes what it wants.
但不做任何的回报
It gives back nothing,
这不是它自己的选择
not of its own choosing.
只有能逃脱的人才能得到回报
It gives back only what escapes.
为何如此,父亲?
But why, father?
很久以前
Long ago,
恶魔和天使大战
the evil spirit fought the good spirit.
天使战败了
The good spirit lost
然后往西逃到海边
and fled west towards the ocean.
恶魔就藏着这里的山脉中
The evil spirit hid here in the mountain,
从未离去
and never left.
白人们认为
The white man believes
恶魔在1846年出现过
the evil spirits showed themselves in 1846.
但他们错了
The white man is wrong.
恶魔在他们到达前 很久就出现了
Evil spirit came long before they arrived.
尽管恶魔安静了这么久
And while the evil spirits quieted for many years,
但它们没有离去
they did not go away;
它们只是沉睡了
they slept.
就快到了,姑娘们
We're almost there, girls.
我知道这个冬天很漫长
Ah, still a long winter, I know.
我们做到了
We made it.
坎普会很开心的
Camp will be glad.
你们两做的很好
You two did great.
好孩子
Good girl.
我们差点就到不了了
We almost didn't make it.
暴风雪太厉害了
Blizzard's bad.
我们的给养应该足够过冬
Rations should last us the winter.
雅各布?
Jacob?
伊丽莎白?
Elizabeth?
哈里特?
Harriet?
到底是怎么了?
What in God's name?
威廉
William!
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
片名:烈焰僵尸
主演:汤姆·唐尼
主演:莫妮可·普兰特
主演:尼古拉·康明基
(导演/摄影/剪辑:雷内·佩雷斯)
我得说我这证件来之不易
I have to say, I'm kind of digging my badge.
让我觉得自己很重要
Makes me feel important.
你拿到证书的时候兴奋吗?
Were you excited when you got your badge?
这个嘛...
Well...
当时是兴奋了一阵子
...certainly gets me in the building,
然后在经过七年更高等的教育之后
and after seven years of higher education,
我认为那只是让我 放弃学生贷款的证明
I also consider it my "get out of student loans card."
七年?
Wow, seven years?
我只培训了两年
I only went to school for two years,
但我们的证件是一样的
yet we have the same badge.
工头给了我90天时间
Staff-Bright did give me 90 days
让我看看你是否能够
to try you out and see if you're worthy
胜任正式的工作
of working here on a permanent basis.
我不会担心这事的,伊芙
I wouldn't worry about it, Eve.
实际上,一切都在不断的变化
In actuality, everything constantly changes
尤其是在地质数据
on a geologic scale...
和我的体重数据方面
...and on my bathroom scale.
也许你该试着吃一些
Maybe you should try switching
比汉堡更健康的食物
to something healthier than burgers.
嗯
Hmm.
好吧,那样对于我的胆固醇 数值会有好处
Well, that'd certainly be good for my cholesterol,
但是,我是食肉动物 不是食草动物
but, I'm a carnivore, not a herbivore.
我时不时需要吃一些红肉
Every now and then I need to eat something red and bloody.
来提醒自己身处 食物链的顶端
Reminds me I'm at the top of the food chain.
是的,我喜欢吃酸奶
Yeah, well, I'm a yogurt whore.
让我记住不杀动物
Reminds me that I don't like to kill animals.
那我们长门牙是干嘛的?
Then why do we have incisors?
我倒是喜欢看着你带着一副门牙
I'd like to see you chase a deer
把一头鹿给吃了
and take it down with your incisors.
我必须如此,我们是进化了的
I don't have to. We've evolved.
我会使用工具
I can use tools.
好的,来吧
Well, here.
为什么你不用用这些工具
Why don't you use one of these tools.
你这有点...
You got a little...
我还以为这是座休眠火山
I thought the volcano was dormant.
过去是,现在不是了
It was, and now it's not.
看起来它有喷发的可能
Looks like we have the potential for an explosive caldera.
喷发?
A caldera?
这个词源于拉丁语的“calderia”
From the Latin word "calderia."
意思是烹饪锅
Means cooking pot.
有时候也会用 英语的“坩埚”这个词
Sometimes it's referred to as the English word "cauldron."
是啊
Witchin'.
里面有什么?
What's in it?
熔灰岩,火山岩,凝灰岩 还有些岩浆岩
Ignimbrite, rhyolite, tuff, and other igneous rocks.
真是不少啊
That's quite a brew.
当有高压产生之后
When the gasses are under high pressure,
它们就会....
which they tend to--
是的,岩浆的巨大喷发
Yeah, a massive explosion of magma.
请确保带好你们的宠物
...so please make sure you take your pets with you
以及必要的应急药物
as well as any necessary medications,
关闭所有的输气管道
and shut off any gas lines.
下周之后,火山随时有可能喷发
The volcano eruption is expected any time from next week on.
重复,这不是演习
Again, this is not a test.
请留意关于疏散的更多消息
Please stay tuned in for more news on the evacuation.
现在将开始播放预定的节目
We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming.
嗨,明迪
Hi, Mindy.
你还好吧?
You okay?
是的,很好,只是...
Yeah. Yeah, just...
在检查东西,都在这了
...going through everything, is all.
我知道打包搬家不是那么简单
Never easy just packing up and leaving, I know.
只是一些东西
It's just stuff.
大部分都在了
Well, most of it, anyway.
真可爱
That's cute.
看看这个
Well, look at this.
- 嘿,上吧,登山队 - 19...届
Oh, hey, go Mountaineers! - Class of 19--
别说了,不然别人该说我们老了
Oh, don't say it, now. People'll think we're old.
嘿,我来帮你搬吧
Hey, let me get that for you.
谢谢,麦克
Thanks, Mike.
你,你把家人送出去了吗?
You, um- you move your family out yet?
呃...
Uh...
丽塔几个月前就搬走了
Rita moved out a few months ago.
是...
It, uh...
她要离开可不需要火山 喷发警报
...didn't take a volcano warning for her to go.
很遗憾
I'm sorry to hear that.
没什么
Yeah, well, uh,
至少她和迪伦很安全
at least she and Dillon will be safe.
是啊
Yeah.
你知道,我很高兴你 很重视警报
You know, I'm glad to see you're heeding the warning.
我真希望本也像你一样
I wish I could say the same for Ben.
我父亲就那样
My dad is how he is.
明迪,你知道,当圣海伦 火山爆发后
Mindy, you know, when Mount St. Helens went off,
57人遇难死去
57 people lost their lives.
其中大部分死者都是 拒不接受疏散的人
A lot of those were people who refused to leave.
我希望我能帮到你
I wish I could help you.
我爸爸比我女儿还要顽固
My dad is more stubborn than my daughter is.
至少我女儿会听我的...
At least she listens to me...
有时候会听
...some of the time.
我可以想象,但是我...
电影精选列表