片名:死人之城
Bring out Elisabeth Selwyn.
把伊丽莎白·塞尔文带出来
- Bring out the witch! - Bring out the witch!
- 把女巫带出来! - 把女巫带出来!
W-i-tch!
你这个女巫!
Burn the witch!
烧死她!
Jethrow!
杰斯罗!
Jethrow Keane!
杰斯罗·基恩!
Has thou consulted with a witch -- Elisabeth Selwyn?
对伊丽莎白·塞尔文这个女巫的判决 你有异议吗?
Non!
没有!
Burn the witch!
烧死她!
Help the girl, Lucifer, help her.
撒旦啊 救救这个姑娘吧 救救她
Elisabeth Selwyn!
伊丽莎白·塞尔文!
On the 3rd day of March,
1962年
in the year of our Lord, 1692,
3月3日
with the people of Whitewood, Massachussetts,
在马萨诸塞州怀特伍德镇人♥民♥的见证下
condemn thee as a witch.
现以女巫罪处你以死刑
May the flames clean thy soul of this evil,
愿烈火能清洁你邪恶的灵魂
of this lust for blood, and may they bring upon the death of ablegate light those.
清除你嗜血的欲望 愿罗马教皇赐予你死刑
Help her, Lucifer, help her.
撒旦啊 救救她 救救她
I have made my pact with thou, Lucifer,
撒旦 我已与您签订契约
Hear me!
倾听我吧!
- Burn the witch! - Burn the witch!Burn burn burn!
- 烧死她! - 烧死她!烧啊 烧啊 烧吧!
So shouted people of Whitewood when they burnt Elisabeth Selwyn in 1692.
1692年当怀特伍德镇的人们烧死伊丽莎白·塞尔文的时候是这样喊的
Like what I've said that was known today the actual practice of witchcraft in 17th century in new England.
像我之前所说 巫术之风在17世纪的新英格兰盛行
Superstition, fear and jealousy,
迷信 恐惧和猜忌
drove the puritans to accuse their friends and relatives of consulting with the devil.
驱使清教♥徒♥们指控他们的亲朋好友与魔鬼往来
Waiting around huge bonfires.
守在熊熊篝火旁
of appealing been addictive chance they can sign the poor creatures for the flames.
Waiting around huge bonfires.
恳求他们能有机会将这些可怜的人推入火堆里
守在熊熊篝火旁
of appealing been addictive chance they can sign the poor creatures for the flames.
恳求他们能有机会将这些可怜的人推入火堆里
The tortured souls cried out agonies,
受尽折磨的灵魂发出痛苦的哭喊
the flames mounted higher and higher.
火焰越蹿越高
Burn the witch, burn the witch!Burn burn burn!
烧死她 烧死她 烧吧 烧吧 烧啊
Dig that crazy, beed.
教授可真是疯狂啊
That will be off the day.
今天就讲到这里
Tomorrow will be my concluding lecture on the history of the witchcraft in 17th century in new England.
明天我讲会讲到新英格兰17世纪巫术的历史总结性的课程
I should bring along some illustrations so that I'll actually interest you all.
我应该会带来一些图鉴以便于我能吸引你们所有人的兴趣
I'll bring the matches.
我会把火柴带来
Maitland!
Since you chose to attend these lectures,
既然你选择参与了这些课程
I had hoped that you present spirit of scientific curiosity about the subject.
我希望你能够带着对科学的好奇精神来上这门课
That'll be all.
就这样吧
Bill, how could you?
Bill你怎么可以这样
He takes all so dull theories, hey is that you all hypnotized?
他讲的理论那么无聊 那样你们都不会被催眠吗?
- Miss Barlow? - Yes, professor?
- Barlow小姐 - 教授?
Can I see you for a moment, please?
我能跟你讲几句话吗
What about our date?
我们的约会怎么办
- I mean... - Look, uh...
- 要不... - 这样吧
I'll wait for you outside there.
我在这外面等你
Yes, professor?
教授 什么事
How a difficulty a man that.
多么难讲话的一个人啊
feel that you are of more attraction to the miko crafts.
感觉你倒是对那些女巫的东西更感兴趣
However, I'm reading some of your papers, Miss Barlow, they showed out some appreciations of the subject,
不管怎么说 我读了你的一些论文 Barlow小姐 他们对这个课题表示欣赏
Why don't we go to new England to do my senior paper?
我们为什么不去英格兰发表更高级的论文呢
That would be quite good enough.
那就太好了
Why not, professor?
何不去呢 教授
Some first-hand research, I want to get the atmosphere there,
做一些第一手的研究 我想在那感受气氛
find out how widespread witchcraft really was,
看看巫术传播究竟有多广泛
what the witches were really like.
巫术真正是什么样子的
But it might take a long time, you know.
不过那要花很长时间的 你知道的
Well I have the time, my brother and I, we're gonna spend the vacation with our cousins.
但是我有时间 我和我哥哥 我们要和我们的亲戚在那度假
What I really like to do
我真正想做的
is to get a room in the smallest, oldest town in new England I can find,
就是我在英格兰最小最古老的镇子里找个房♥子
check through all the townhall records,
查阅所有的市政记录
re-check the libraries,
重新查阅一遍书籍
talk to the puritans in the sentence,
跟清教♥徒♥们讲话
make a really thorough investigation.
做一个真正深入性的调查
Your brother is professor of science, Mr. Barlow,
Barlow小姐 你哥哥是个科学教授
I hardly think he's very interested in the history of witchcraft.
我很难相信他会对巫术的历史感兴趣
Then I'll go alone.
那我就一个人去呗
You don't think he'd object to that?
你以为他不会反对吗
You leave Richard to me.
我哥哥的事儿就交给我好了
He's picking me up here for lunch.
他是接我过来吃饭的
Hello, Bill.
Bill你好啊
Professor Barlow!
Barlow教授
- Nan here? - Yeah, she's in there with him.
- Nan在吗 - 是的 跟教授在里面呢
Oh, I don't like getting mixed up with any witchcraft business.
噢 我可不喜欢跟任何巫术有关的东西扯到一起
Why not? It's only part of the history course.
为什么不呢 不过是历史课的一个部分罢了
- Professor Barlow. - Yes?
- Barlow教授 - 什么事?
- Before you going there, could I have a word with you? - Sure!
- 在你进去之前 我能跟你讲两句话吗 - 当然
Well, it's about Nan and me.
是关于Nan跟我的事
If you're really serious about this, I happen to know the town in new England,
如果你讲真 我恰好知道一个这样的英格兰小镇
as a matter of fact it's an identical place where it once occurred that I mentioned in today's lecture,Whitewood.
实际上是跟我今天上课提到的完全相同的一个地方 怀特伍德镇
It's a quite small place, it's little bit out of the beaten tracks,
那是个特别小的地方 不大有人去的
- so maybe these directions will help you. - Thank you.
- 也许这些指示图能够帮到你 - 谢谢
Thank you my verbal fan wish you look for there.
感谢你成为我的粉丝 希望你找到那儿
I happen to know the woman who owned the inn in the Whitewood,
我恰好认识怀特伍德镇的一个女人拥有一家旅馆
her name was Newless,Mrs. Newless, so you just tell her I sent you.
她叫Newless Newless夫人 你只要告诉她是我派你来的
Riven's Inn, Whitewood.
怀特伍德镇 里文旅馆
What's Whitewood?
怀特伍德镇是啥
Oh,Dick, don't be too upset, but...
噢 Dick 别太烦恼 但是...
I'm going to change my plans for the vacation.
我要改变我的假期计划了
- Change your plans? - Yes.
- 改变计划吗? - 是的
- Going to a place called Whitewood for a week or so to do some research. - Why are you?
- 我要去一个叫做怀特伍德镇的地方 待大约一个星期做一些研究 - 为什么啊
What about cousine Sue?
苏表妹怎么办?
She's expecting you for her birthday party on the 17th.
她很期待你去参加她的17岁生日派对呢
- She never... - I can still easily make by then.
- 她从没有... - 我到时候肯定能去的
This is important, my term paper's got to be good.
这很重要 我的期末论文一定要写好
It could mean the scholarship.
那可意味着奖学金呢
- I've made my... - Come on, Dick! You'll have a good time without me.
- 我已经... - 得了吧 迪克 没有我你一样玩得很开心
My minds made up. I'm going to Whitewood.
我决心已定 我要去怀特伍德
Surely any good looking psycho pedia will give you the nonsense you wNana know about the witchcraft?
你确定这个长得好看的精神病儿童就能告诉你关于巫术的无稽之谈吗
Witchcraft...is not nonsence, Barlow!
Barlow 巫术不是无稽之谈!
I'm sorry, Driscoll.
很抱歉 Driscoll
Witchcraft, like magic sorcery,
巫术就像魔法
to me it's nothing but fairy tale mumble jumble.
对我来讲不过是民间的神话传说罢了
I'm a scientist, Driscoll.
Driscoll 我是个科学家
I believe what I can see, what I can feel and touch.
我相信我看到的 我感受并触摸到的
The basis of fairy tales is reality,
神话传说的依据是事实
the basis of the reality is fairy tales.
事实的依据是神话传说
Did you ever meet a witch, Driscoll?
你见过女巫吗 Driscoll?
Perhaps.
可能吧
Oh, come on, you're Nestorian.
噢得了吧 你是基♥督♥徒
No witches have survived the burn and stake for all their pact with the devil.
因为她们与撒旦的契约 没有女巫能幸免于火刑
In 1692, Elisabeth Selwyn went to the stake.
1692年 伊丽莎白·塞尔文被送上了火刑柱
She was burried in the church yard in New England.
她被埋葬在新英格兰的教堂墓地中
And yet three years later,
然而三年之后
three years later, a new wave of blood sacrifices
三年之后 一场新的死亡浪潮
broke up the village that condemned her.
席卷了这个将她定罪的村子
The daughters of the elders who had contempted her with themselves
亲自将她定罪的年长者们的女儿们
found murdered with the last drop of blood drained from their bodies.
被发现血液流干而死
And afterwards, people can't forward to testify today had actually seen Elisabeth Selwyn.
之后 人们都不敢作证当天他们看到了伊丽莎白·塞尔文
Oh stop!
噢别说了
It'll be more effective at midnight with hauling winds and crashing thunder,
这故事更适合在狂风呼啸电闪雷鸣的半夜讲
and even that would frighten anyone.
虽然会吓死个把人
Dick! I'm sorry, professor Driscoll.
迪克! 抱歉Driscoll教授
It's alright, Miss Barlow.
没什么 Barlow小姐
You won't be the first person to scoff at the subject.
你也不是嘲笑这门课的第一人了
Honey, when you get to umm...where is it?
亲爱的 当你到...额 什么地方来着
- Whitewood. - Ah, yes Whitewood.
- 怀特伍德镇 - 啊没错 怀特伍德镇
Well, send me a picture postcard of the witch.
给我寄一张你和女巫合影的明信片来
电影精选列表