-哦,乔治。-什么事,先生?
- Oh, George. - Yes, sir?
他看到了吗?
Has he seen it?
哦……谢谢你!
Oh... Thank you.
早,J.P.
Morning, J.P.
早....
Morning.
我以为三年前我把38街以下的东西都卖♥♥光了。
I thought I sold everything below 38th Street three years ago.
那家店就在38街,所以我们保留了它。
Well, that store is right on 38th Street, J.P., so we kept it.
尼利百货公♥司♥。N N N N…自然铸造厂,Napex公♥司♥国家散热器公♥司♥,对,尼利百货公♥司♥。
Neeley Department Store. N, N, N, N... Natural Foundry, Napex Corporation National Radiator, yes, Neeley Department Store.
你仍然拥有它。
You still own it.
这个假人看起来不像我。
This dummy doesn't look like me.
也许应该是你们中的一个。
Maybe it's supposed to be one of you.
假人上有个牌子,上面有你的名字。
There's a sign on the dummy with your name on it.
在哪里?
Where?
M-E-R-R……这就是你能看到的。
M-E-R-R... That's all you can see.
这是怎么回事?!
What's been done about this?!
我们和百货公♥司♥的经理谈了谈。他解雇了团伙头目和六名参与其中的员工。
We had a talk with the manager of the department store. He fired the ring leader and half a dozen of the employees who participated in it.
把这张照片放大。
Have this picture enlarged.
所有人,甚至是观众,都开枪了。出去!
And everybody, even watching it, fired. Out!
这是个好建议,j·p
That's an excellent suggestion, J.P.
我付了你很多钱来照顾我的兴趣和隐私。
I pay you a great deal to take care of my interests and my privacy.
我想要私人空间。
I want privacy.
我的照片都20年没上过报纸了。
I haven't had my photograph in a newspaper in 20 years.
这是暂时的,jp
This is temporary, J.P.
谁会不厌其烦地发现我拥有这笔微不足道的投资呢?
Who could have gone to all the trouble of finding out I own this piddly investment?
我们的警探很快就会查出真♥相♥的,jp。
Our detective will ferret the whole thing out, J.P., in no time.
侦探什么?
What detective?
我们有个专家。如果你想和他谈谈…他会告诉你这是一个简单的小扰动,没有什么意义。
We have a man who's an expert. If you care to speak with him... He'll show you this is a simple little disturbance that has no significance.
波士顿倾茶事件只是个小风波。
The Boston Tea Party was a little disturbance.
我想和这个谈谈…侦探。
I want to talk to this... detective.
你们好,先生们。
Good day, gentlemen.
-日安J.P. -再见-你好j·p -你好先生
- Good day, J.P. - Goodbye. - Good day, J.P. - Good day, sir.
有个警探来找你问话。
There's a detective here for you to interview.
这边走,先生。
This way, sir.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
坐下来。
Sit down.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-你叫什么名字?-托马斯·希金斯。
- What's your name? - Thomas Higgins.
你有什么进展,希金斯?
What progress have you made, Higgins?
我,我在店里找了份工作。
I, uh, I've gotten a job in the store.
除了人事主管,整个店里没人知道我是侦探。
Nobody in the whole store knows I'm a detective except the Personnel Head.
连总经理都不知道。
Not even the General Manager.
我明白了。
I see.
我是童鞋部的推销员。
I'm a salesman in the Children's Shoe department.
那是温床。整个五楼。
That's the hotbed. That whole fifth floor.
全麦饼干是单独吃呢,还是我把它们弄碎放在碗里?
Will you have the graham crackers individually or shall I crumble them in the bowl?
——独♥立♥。-是的,先生。
- Individually. - Yes, sir.
——没有。改变一下,把它们弄碎。-是的,先生。
- No. Crumble them for a change. - Yes, sir.
告诉我。你多快能查出这些员工是谁?麻烦制♥造♥者?
Tell me. How soon could you find out who these employees are? The troublemakers?
不会超过两三个星期。
Not more than two or three weeks.
为什么不是两三天呢?
Why not two or three days?
怎么,我得设法让他们信任我。成为他们中的一员。
Why, I've got to worm my way into their confidence. Become one of them.
我怎么知道他们在接下来的两三个星期里会做什么?
How do I know what they're going to do in the next two or three weeks?
我不会在你想办法获得他们信任的时候挂在城里的每个灯柱上。
I'm not gonna hang from every lamppost in the city while you worm your way into their confidence.
-这是一个非常困难的任务。-这没什么难的!
- It's a very difficult assignment. - There's nothing difficult about it!
开除任何怀疑的人。
Fire anyone that's even suspicious.
你不需要精确。你怀疑谁了吗?
You don't have to be accurate. Is there anybody you suspect yet?
好吧,我……我还没开始呢。我想后天开始工作。
Well, I... I haven't really started. I thought I'd begin the day after tomorrow.
-那是什么?-我妻子在费城生孩子了。
- What's that? - My wife's having a baby in Philadelphia.
我住在那里。我想我明天就回家。
That's where I live. I thought I'd go home tomorrow.
我认为你在生孩子的时候不应该和你妻子分开。
I don't think you ought to be separated from your wife while you're having a baby.
我会找别人来做这个任务。
I'll get someone else for this assignment.
你想得真周到,麦里克先生。我的妻子……什么都没有。我把这张卡留给下一个人。美好的一天。
That's very considerate of you, Mr. Merrick. My wife... Nothing at all. I'll just keep this card for the next fellow. Good day.
-谢谢你的好意。-很好。
- Thank you for your kindness. - Perfectly all right.
回波基普西去,忘了这事吧。
Go back to Poughkeepsie and forget about it.
波基普西?是的,先生。
Poughkeepsie? Yes, sir.
您好,先生。
Good day, sir.
乔治?
George?
是的,先生?
Yes, sir?
到这里来。
Come here.
我要你告诉我真♥相♥,乔治。
I want you to tell me the truth, George.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
你想看到世界发生什么变化?以商业的方式?
What would you like to see changed in the world? In a business way?
——嗯…——是吗?
- Well... - Yes?
我有几股钢铁股。如果能涨一点我就高兴了。
I have a few shares of steel stock. I would be happy if it went up a little.
如果有人问你,乔治。你不是一个典型的工人。
If anyone asks you, George. You're not a typical working man.
没有,先生。
No, sir.
辛德勒医生把你的胃蛋白酶制成了口香糖,先生。
Dr. Schindler made up your pepsin into sticks of chewing gum, sir.
他觉得你会喜欢改变的。
He thought you would like the change.
每小时整点给你一杯。
You are to have one every hour on the hour.
你可以在左胸下方的口袋里找到它们。现在是时候了。
You will find them in your lower left breast pocket. It's time for one now.
看看他们的脸。笨蛋。羊。
Look at their faces. Moron. Sheep.
难怪你什么都能说服他们。
No wonder you can convince them of anything.
我真想听听那些捣蛋鬼说话。
How I'd like to hear one of those troublemakers talking.
我会给他看的。
I'd show him.
-麦里克先生!-为什么?
- Mr. Merrick! - Why not?
我想看看他们怎么操作。
I'd like to see them operate.
-胃。-我会成为他们中的一员。
- Your stomach. - I'll be one of them.
和他们混在一起。让他们和我谈谈。
Mix with them. Let them talk to me.
为什么,这些白♥痴♥。我会像猫捉老鼠一样和他们玩。
Why, these idiots. I'd play with them like a cat and mouse.
哦,我的……乔治,我叫……托马斯·希金斯。
Oh my.... George, my name is... Thomas Higgins.
小姐,你能告诉我部门经理在哪里吗?
Young lady, could you direct me to the Section Manager?
他就在那边。看到了吗?站在小桌子旁?
He's right over there. See? Standing at the little desk?
谢谢你!
Thank you.
-给您,夫人。-非常感谢。
- There you are, madam. - Thank you very much.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
我能为您做点什么,先生?
And what can I do for you, sir?
哦,哦。我在这里工作。我是新来的推销员。
Oh, uh. I'm working here. I'm a new salesman.
-你是希金斯?——Mh-hm。
- You're Higgins? - Mh-hm.
“是的,先生。”
"Yes, sir."
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
希金斯……哈里森……
Higgins... Harrison...
在你今天早上做的智力测试中你的得分是66分。
In the intelligence test you took this morning your rating was 66.
这比最低及格分数高了一分。
That's one point over the lowest passing grade.
66年?
66?
一定是弄错了。我回答了所有的问题。
There must be some mistake. I answered all the questions.
有些问题你可能回答错了。
You might have answered some of them wrong.
这是可能的,不是吗?
That's possible, isn't it?
我说过这是可能的,不是吗?
I said that's possible, isn't it?
是的,它是。
Yes, it is.
先生。
Sir.
我们从不犯错,希金斯。尼利总是对的。
We never make mistakes, Higgins. Neeley's is always right.
这是我们部门智商最低的。
This is the lowest intelligence rating in my department.
我希望你有其他的品质来弥补。
I hope you have other qualities to compensate for it.
为了你自己。
For your own sake.
琼斯小姐吗?
Miss Jones?
不要靠在我的桌子上。
Don't lean against my desk.
摘下你的帽子。
And remove your hat.
拜托。
Please.
琼斯小姐,我要把希金斯分配到拖鞋组。让他知道他的职责。
Miss Jones, I'm assigning Higgins to Slippers. Show him his duties.
欢迎光临鞋柜,希金斯先生。
Welcome to the shoe department, Mr. Higgins.
你跟我来。
You come right along with me.
现在。这是你的柜台,希金斯先生。卧室,躺椅,拖鞋。
Now. This will be your counter, Mr. Higgins. Bedroom, lounging, and house slippers.
你知道,这真的是最好的工作。
You know, this is really the best job.
不要在试镜时弯腰。
No bending down for try-ons.
不同的模型不需要来回跑。
No running back and forth for different models.
一切都在这里。
Everything's right here.
我希望我有这个计数器。
I wish I had this counter.
他觉得我卖♥♥鞋还不够好,是吗?
He doesn't think that I'm good enough to sell shoes, is that it?
别傻了。这是一样的。
Now don't be silly. This is just the same.
这就更好了。
电影精选列表