来吧, 迈克
Come on, Mike!
大家好, 乡亲们
Hello, good people!
大家好
Hi, there!
你们最好鼓起勇气
You better all grab your courage, everybody,
因为这是飞行的天气
'cause this is flyin' weather.
我说的是五美元
Now, I'm talkin' $5
你生命中最好的五分钟
for the best five minutes of your lives.
当你死后, 圣彼得问你
And when you die and Saint Peter says to you,
你在那裡什麽时候最开心?
"Hey, when were you happiest down there?"
你会说, 结婚那天还好
You're gonna say, "Well it was okay the day I got married,
我并不太在意第一次坠入爱河的那一天
"and I didn't much mind the day I first fell in love.
但与伟大的华杜派普翱翔天际
"But seein' the sky with the Great Waldo Pepper,
胜过所有日子
"that beats 'em all."
但首先, 谁想免费飞行?
But first, first, who wants a free ride?
我..
Me! Me!
孩子
Well, boy!
通常我会选择表现更热情的人
Usually I try to pick somebody that shows more enthusiasm.
但对你可以破例, 你叫什麽名字?
But in your case, I'll make an exception. What's your name?
史库特
Scooter. Scooter!
在我看来你又大又壮, 史库特, 这是最重要的
You look big and strong to me, Scooter and that's the main thing.
我需要加很多油
I'm gonna need a lot of gas.
我敢说今天有很多人要搭飞机
I can tell there's a lot of riders here today.
这样吧, 你拿著这个
Tell you what, you just take this
我需要加油就去最近的加油站拿汽油
to the nearest gas station, every time I need it, when we're all done,
今天收工后, 我会让你免费飞行, 如何?
at the end of the day, I'll give you a free ride. How's that?
好孩子
Okay. Atta boy.
好了, 伙计们, 你们可以上来了
Okay, folks, If you'll just step right up here now...
你们要讚美耶♥和♥华♥
Praise the Lord.
上来吧, 但如果我不喜欢呢?
Go ahead, get in. But what if I don't like it?
如果你真不喜欢, 我可以免费送你第二趟
If you really hate it, I'll give you a second ride free.
来吧
Go on. Go ahead.
好吧
Okay.
加油, 史库特, 继续送油来
Attaboy, Scooter. Keep it comin'.
不行..我已经改变主意了
No, no, no. I've changed my mind.
没关係, 来吧
Oh, no. No, it's okay. Now, go ahead.
好的, 先生, 这一位是谁?
Yes, sir, now who do we have here?
好了, 史库特
Okay, Scooter.
谢谢
Thanks.
那我的免费飞行呢?
What about my free ride?
我只是为了让你为我工作才这麽说
Oh, I just told you that to get you to work for me.
我从不单独带孩子飞行
I never take kids up alone.
你今天一定收入很好
You must've done pretty good today,
如果史库特说的没错
if what Scooter says is right.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
一年多来最好的一次
Best in over a year.
战争刚结束后
Right after the war finished,
就一直都是这样巡迴飞行
barnstorming was like this all the time.
我在内布拉斯加州飞了一段时间了
I've been flying Nebraska for quite a while now.
情况不是很顺利
Things are sure getting tough.
我想大家才刚开始接受飞机
I guess people are just gettin' used to airplanes.
你下半辈子打算做的事
That all you plan to do the rest of your life,
只是载客飞行兜风吗?
just cash for rides, that's it?
不是的, 先生
Oh, no. No, sir.
我赚的每一分钱
Every penny I make goes into the building
都存下来制♥造♥新的特技飞机
of a brand new biplane for air acrobatics.
你是世界上最棒的飞行员吗?
Are you the best flyer in the world?
安静, 史库特
Hush, Scooter.
我也很希望是
Wouldn't I like to be!
但是世界上有很多很棒的飞行员
But there's so many amazing pilots around
他们开飞机做出了很多壮举
that have done so many feats with their airplanes.
很抱歉让你失望了, 史库特
Sorry to disappoint you, Scooter,
但我要对你说实话
but I'm gonna be honest with you.
我不知道该怎麽说
There's just no way that I could say
我是世界上最好的机师
I'm the best pilot in the world.
我是世界上第二优秀的飞行员
I'm the second best flyer in the world.
更好的是谁?
Who's better?
首先, 我得选德国王牌恩斯特凯斯勒
In the first place, I'd have to put the German Ace Ernst Kessler.
他击落了70架飞机, 还活下来讲述故事
He shot down 70 planes and lived to tell the tale.
听起来似乎不太对
That don't seem right.
击落美国人, 并不能让一个人成为我的英雄
Shooting down Americans, that don't make a man a hero to me.
也许不是, 但凯斯勒很特别
Well, maybe not, but Kessler was special.
一天的辛勤工作, 这就是我所说的特别
An honest day's work, that's what I call special.
你参加过战争吗?
Were you in the war?
最后的一部分
In the last part of it.
你和凯斯勒打过吗?
Did you fight Kessler?
一次
Once.
我们在赫特根森林上空巡逻
We were flying patrol over the Hurtgen wood.
我们有五个人
There were five of us,
我们看到凯斯勒与一架护航机在我们下面飞行
and we saw Kessler flying below us with one escort plane.
他没有看到我们, 我们扑向他
Now, he didn't see us, and we dove on him.
第一次飞过时, 我们击落了护航机
Now on the first pass, we shot down the escort plane.
但是凯斯勒的速度太快了
But Kessler was too fast.
我一路跟著护航机往下飞
I followed the escort plane all the way down,
只是为了确定击落
just to make sure he was finished.
当我开始往上爬的时候, 我对自己说
As I started climbing back up, well, I said to myself,
在这种情况, 凯斯勒会试图逃跑, 但他没有
with those odds, Kessler'll try to make a run for it, but he didn't.
他迎战了所有人, 一对四
He took 'em all on. One against four.
他採取了攻势
And he was doing the attacking!
等我飞上来的时候
By the time I got back up,
他击落了三架
he had shot down three of 'em.
怎麽会?
How?
兰迪斯和史瓦布都是孩子
Well, Landis and Swaab were kids and...
我想一想, 科廷..
Let's see, Curtin...
科廷当时不可能超过19岁
Well, Curtin couldn't have been more than 19.
他们惊慌失措
Well, they panicked.
等我回来时, 他已经盯上麦金农
By the time I got back up, he was after McKinnon.
他向麦克开火, 麦克的飞机著了火
He shot a burst into him, and Mac's plane caught on fire.
麦克说过他永远也不要化为火焰
Now, Mac said that he would never, ever go down in flames,
所以他跳机了
so he jumped.
他不是有降落伞吗?
Didn't he have a parachute?
那时候没人有降落伞, 史库特
Nobody had parachutes then, Scooter.
他只是宁愿摔死
No, he just would rather fall to his death
也不要被烧死
than burn going down.
然后凯斯勒向我扑来
Then Kessler dove in on me.
你不害怕吗?
Weren't you scared?
不要笨了
Don't be dumb.
很疯狂, 但是..
Well, it's crazy, but...
我很高兴
I was happy.
我可以跟他一对一了
It was just me against him.
天啊, 他佔据了整个天空
God, he was all over the sky!
他能在大头针的顶端上迴转
He could snap around the head of a pin.
前一秒我还以为我抓住他了
One minute I'd think I had him,
下一秒, 他就朝我扑来
the next, he's comin' right at me.
然后, 我不知道, 他就在我身后, 我的枪卡住了
And then, I don't know, he was behind me and my guns jammed.
我用力拍打把手, 非常用力
And I pounded on the handles and just pounded on them
直到我的拳头流血, 但我无法鬆开枪
until my fists were bleeding but I couldn't unjam 'em.
我就在那裡, 完全无助
I was just there. I was helpless.
在他的瞄准器裡
In his gun sights.
但他没有开枪
But he didn't fire.
他可以看到我敲打我的枪
He could see me pounding on my guns,
他把飞机靠在我旁边
and he pulls up alongside of me.
就像你离我这麽近
Just like... Just as close as you are to me.
他看著我..
And he looks at me.
-他就做了
-做什麽呢?
And he did it. Did what?
敬礼
Saluted.
就像这样
Just like that.
在赫特根森林上空, 恩斯特凯斯勒向我敬礼
Over the Hurtgen wood, Ernst Kessler saluted me.
然后他就调转方向
And then he peeled off
俯衝回到他的防线
and dove back towards his lines.
我可以带你们飞高或低, 快或慢
电影精选列表