谢谢
I appreciate it.
我知道你的亲戚住得很分散 我们很高兴能回来这里
I know that your relatives are scattered. We'd be happy to come back.
你确定你没问题吗?
Are you sure you'll be all right?
嗯 我不会有事儿的 谢谢你
Yes. I'll be fine. Thank you.
我今晚飞回底特律 航♥班♥很晚才降落…
I fly back to Detroit tonight. I'll get in late…
但如果你有需要 随时打给我
but call me if you need to. Anytime.
我会没事儿的
Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. I'll be okay.
好的 我知道你会的 保重 亲爱的
Okay. I know you will. Take care, sweetheart.
我会的 再见
I will. Bye.
如果你觉得你比新郎的音乐品味更好 请举起手
So, raise your hand if you have better taste in music than the groom.
有人举手吗?
Do I see any hands?
好 我看到一些人举手了
All right, yeah, I see a few.
恭喜 毕业生们
我们现在看到的是EOCT分数
What we're looking at here are the eoct scores.
现在我要选中高一…
Now, I'm gonna pick on 10th grade just a little bit…
因为你们会看到其中的巨大差距
because you'll see the biggest difference there.
芥末黄色的这条线是两年前
The yellow line, the mustardy one, that's two years ago.
蓝色是去年
The blue is last year.
粉色是今年
The pink is this year.
贝丝来了
Beth is here.
给她点空间
Give her space.
粉色是今年 所以发生了什么?
The pink is this year. So, what happened?
师生比例
Teacher-student ratio.
我知道 但是班级规模是既定的 整个州都是这样
I know, but class sizes are what they are. It's statewide.
我们在拖后腿 所以不要甩锅…
We can't play the blame game when we're pulling up the rear…
抱歉
Sorry.
-嘿 -嗨
- Hey. - Hi.
你没必要来的 没有人会责怪你
I don't think you had to come. No one would blame you.
我要记录学生成绩
I still have grades to enter.
只要你开口 我都会替你弄好
I'd have done that for you. All you had to do is ask.
没关系
It's all right.
我想给自己找点事儿做 至少暂时是
It gives me something to do. For now, anyway.
我们不能成为那种学校
We don't wanna be that school.
你还好吗?
You holdin' up?
我不想成为那种校长
I don't want to be that principal.
我挺好的
Yeah, I'm fine.
就是昨晚没睡好
Just didn't really sleep well last night.
不敢相信你还睡得着 尤其是在那个房♥子里
Can't believe you slept at all. Especially there.
我们必须提供帮助
We got to show up for them.
好了 我答应过会给大家
Okay. I promised to give you all
十分钟的休息时间 大家先休息一下吧
a 10-minute break, so let's go ahead and take that.
去上厕所 伸伸腿 后面还有甜甜圈
Go potty, stretch your legs. There are more donuts in the back,
由蒙特维尔浸信会教堂赞助 请尽情享用
courtesy of mountville baptist church, so get you some,
但请在8点40前准时回来
and be back by 8:40 though, on the dot-ish.
帕钦夫人?
Mrs. Parchin?
嗨
Hi.
-抱歉 我只是… -不好意思 我试过敲门 但是…
- Sorry. I was just… - Excuse me. I tried to knock, but…
我们之前见过
We met before.
我是亨特的妈妈
Um, I'm hunter's mom.
-亨特… -麦克劳林 他是你第二学期的学生
- Hunter… - McLaughlin. He has you second period.
我是贝基麦克劳林 我们是几个月前见的面
I'm Becky McLaughlin. It was a few months ago.
对 当然
Right. Of course.
今年我班里有好多叫亨特的
I… I have so many hunters this year.
有多少?
Oh. How many?
你有多少个叫亨特的学生?
Students named hunter do you have?
三个
Mm… three.
请坐
Please, have a seat.
我想你知道我为什么来这儿
I'm sure you know why I'm here.
我去网站查过了
I checked the website.
亨特的演讲得了C
Hunter got a c in speech.
对 我想是的
Oh, right. I think so.
我看一下
Uh... let me check.
上面是那么写的
But that's what it said.
让我看看
Let me see here.
对 他应该是没做最后一次演示
Uh… right, yes. It looks like he didn't do his last presentation.
他说你告诉他可以补上
He said that you told him he could make that up.
没错
I did.
是的 但他没有
Yeah. He, uh... He didn't.
他说他上周四上了你的课
He said he came in last Thursday.
那是最后一天上学
That was the last day of school.
他说你不在
He said that you weren't here.
对 我因为私事儿请了几天假
Yes, I was out for a few days. It was a personal matter.
他说你布置演讲作业的那天 他刚好不在
Well, he told me he was out the day you presented those projects.
我们偶尔都有私事儿要处理
We all have personal matters to deal with sometimes.
好吧…
Okay. Uh…
这样吧 他这份作业不用做了
You know what? Let's just excuse him from that assignment.
好了 改成B
There. B.
这不是我想要的
That's not what I wanted.
那你想要怎样?
Then, uh, what did you want?
你说什么?
Excuse me?
你刚刚走进来的时候 想要的是什么?
When you came in here, what did you want?
我想知道为什么我儿子…
I want to know why my son…
我丈夫上周四朝自己的脑袋开了一枪
My husband shot himself in the head last Thursday.
我没听说这件事
I hadn't heard.
对 因为这是私事儿
No, because it's a personal matter.
所以 是的
So, yeah.
是的 如果你想知道的话
Yeah. If you wanna know,
他把船开到了湖上
he took the boat out on the lake.
拿出了手♥枪♥ 我甚至都不知道我们有枪
He took a handgun that I didn't even know that we owned.
然后砰!饮弹而亡
And pow! Right in the mouth.
所以 哪个亨特在哪个高中选修演讲课作业上
So, which hunter got what grade
得到了多少分
on what high school elective speech class assignment,
现在对我而言已经不重要了
it really doesn't matter to me right now.
所以 如果你想要B 就给你B
So, you want a b, you got a b.
我很抱歉
I… I apologize.
你想要A吗?
Oh, you want an a?
好了 搞定了
All right. Ta-da!
B就行了
A b is fine.
那就B好了
B it is.
还有什么能效劳的吗?
Anything else I can do for you?
没事儿了
No.
谢谢
Thank you.
节哀顺变
I'm so sorry for your loss.
-嘿 梅尔 -嘿
- Oh. Hey, Mel. - Hey.
感觉要变天了
The sky was looking a little mean.
我替你把船罩上了 以防万一
I went ahead and covered the boat for you, just in case.
你没必要这么麻烦的
You didn't have to do that.
这是我听过的最糟糕的谎言
Ah, that's a goddamn lie if I've ever heard one.
我只是礼尚往来而已
Just paying it back, that's all.
雪莉去世的时候 你和欧文就像上帝派来的天使
You and Owen were a couple godsends when Shelly passed.
谢谢
Thank you.
你想让我把船拖走吗?
You want me to haul that thing away?
你只要开口就好
You just say the word.
没关系 就放在那儿吧
It's okay. I think I'll leave it.
和房♥子一起卖♥♥掉
Sell it with the house.
你打算卖♥♥♥房♥♥子?
You thinking about selling?
也许吧
Maybe.
这房♥子是他建的 我也不舍得离开 但是…
I mean, he built it, so I'd hate to leave it, but…
是啊
Yeah.
这里很平静 但也很孤独
It's peaceful out here, but it is lonely.
嘿 梅尔 你今天早上7点半左右
Hey, Mel, were you, uh, shooting this morning
有开枪吗?
around 7:30 or so?
你没听到什么吗?我听到了枪声
Didn't hear anything? There was a gunshot.
我以为天气渐渐暖和
I just figured with the weather getting warmer
蛇也出动了…
and snakes and all…
要是在房♥子附近看见了铜头蛇 我肯定会开枪打它 但今天没有
I see a copperhead near the house, I'm sure gonna shoot it, but I didn't today.
好的
Right.
下次你再听到 就喊我 好吗?
You hear it again, just give me a shout, okay?
-好 我会的 -好的
- Okay, I will. - Okay.
我要回去了
I'm gonna get back.
这里以后会是办公室