"生与死的边界
极其阴暗模糊
谁能说清生命从哪里结束 死亡又从哪里开始" 爱伦坡
淡蓝之眸
早上好 先生
Morning, gentlemen.
-您是奥古斯特兰德吗 -正是在下
You Augustus Landor? -I am.
您是哪位
And you?
希区柯克上尉为您效劳 西点军校副指挥官
Captain Hitchcock at your service. Second-in-command at the Academy.
我是来通知您
I'm here to inform you
塞耶警司要求立即与您会面
Superintendent Thayer requests an immediate audience.
-所为何事呢 -上校本人会跟您说的
And the nature of this audience? -I'll leave that to the colonel.
-什么时候 -在您方便时尽早
When might this take place? -At your earliest convenience.
如果我不去呢
And if I should decide not to come?
那要看您自己的考量了 您是一名普通公民
That would be your own concern. You're a private citizen.
今天是个适合兜风的好天气
Well, it's a fine day for a ride.
纽约州 哈德逊谷 1830年
州长说你曾是 纽约市警员中的传奇人物
The governor suggests that you were a legend among New York City constables.
他推荐你时特别提到了你杰出的成就
And when he recommended your services, he noted your impressive accomplishments,
包括逮捕黎明男孩的头目
including apprehending the leaders of the Daybreak Boys,
粉碎了可怕的"衬衫下摆"黑帮
breaking up the dreaded Shirt Tails gang,
并破解了一起特别可怕的 "极乐世界"年轻妓♥女♥谋杀案
and solving a particularly grisly murder of a young prostitute in Elysian Fields.
美国西点军校
你的才能包括破解密♥码♥、镇♥压♥暴♥乱♥
Your talents include code breaking, riot control,
和暴♥力♥审讯
and gloveless interrogation.
你是英国格洛斯特一个牧师的儿子
You're a minister's son from Gloucester
十几岁时便来到纽约
who came to New York while still in your teens.
你是个鳏夫 兰德先生
And you are a widower, Mr. Landor.
你妻子过世三年了
Three years now.
-要喝咖啡吗 -啤酒就行
Shall I send for coffee? -Beer will do nicely.
您…
You, uh…
您把笔记都存放在 某个隐蔽的文件格了 是吗
You keep these notes in a pigeonhole back there somewhere, do you?
他们还说什么了
What else do they say?
他们有说我已经很久没有迈进过
Do they say that I haven't darkened the door of a church
教堂的大门了吗
in a long time?
有提到我女儿不久前离家出走了吗
Does it mention that my daughter ran off a while back?
我们知道你女儿失踪的事
We are aware of your daughter's disappearance.
我们深表同情
And we offer our sympathy.
恕我直言 希望我没有冒犯到你
With all due respect, I hope I have not offended.
没有
No. No, no, no.
没有 抱歉 我应该道歉的
No, sorry. I ought to apologize.
我向您道歉 请继续
And I do. Please carry on.
兰德先生 这件事必须谨慎处理
Mr. Landor, we are obliged to proceed with extreme discretion.
我们正物色合适的人选
We're looking for someone.
一个拥有过硬行业背景和技能
A private citizen of well-documented industry and tact
可以代表军校进行问询的普通公民
who might carry out inquiries on the Academy's behalf.
此事关系重大 牵扯甚广
They're of a highly complex and delicate nature
与我们的一位学员有关
and concern one of our cadets.
入校第二年 来自肯塔基州 名叫弗莱
Second-year man from Kentucky by the name of Fry.
-勒罗伊弗莱 -没必要遮遮掩掩的
Leroy Fry. -There's no point in dancing around it.
弗莱昨晚…上吊了
Fry hanged himself… last night.
我很遗憾
Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
骇人的事件 但你必须明白我们的立场
A dreadful business, this. But you must understand our position.
我们肩负着照顾这些年轻人的责任
We have been specifically charged with the care of these young men,
把他们培养成绅士和士兵 为了达到这个目标 我们鞭策他们
to make them gentlemen and soldiers, and to that end, we drive them.
但我们心里有数 知道何时该适可而止
But we'd like to think we know when to… stop driving them.
一个男孩上吊了
A boy hangs himself…
-这应该是验尸官的工作 -恐怕事情还没完
uh, that's a matter for the coroner. -I'm afraid that's not the end of it.
弗莱学员的尸体 昨晚在医院病房♥被毁坏了
Cadet Fry's body was violated last night in the hospital ward.
被毁坏了 谁干的
Violated? By whom?
如果我们知道 就不必找你来了
Well, if we knew that, we would have had no need to summon you.
我相信军校里肯定有爱搞恶作剧的人
I'm sure the Academy has its share of pranksters.
这不是恶作剧 兰德先生
This was no prank, Mr. Landor.
勒罗伊弗莱的心脏被挖走了
Leroy Fry's heart was carved from his chest.
马奎斯医生 一个人要怎么做到开膛挖心
Dr. Marquis, how does a person go about doing this?
用手术刀 或是任何锋利的刀都可以
Scalpel. Or any good, sharp knife would do.
但要触及心脏 就很考验技术了
But getting to the heart, that's the tricky part.
肺部和肝脏上的切口
Those gashes on the lungs and liver
是凶手为了保全心脏 调整刀的角度留下的
came from angling the blade to save the heart.
那要怎么保存心脏呢
And how would one preserve the heart?
某种容器
A container of some sort.
也许是包裹在薄纱里 或者是报纸
Wrapped in muslin, maybe, or newspaper.
很有可能加了冰块
Very likely surrounded by ice.
什么人能做到这种事
What type of fella could do this?
强壮的人
A strong one.
那就排除女人了
Not a woman, then?
我是没见过这种女人
No woman as I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, no.
那凶手的医学知识呢
What about his medical pedigree?
需要像您一样受过良好教育 技法娴熟吗
Would he need to be as well-educated and well-trained as yourself?
不一定
Not necessarily.
他需要很多灯光 知道在哪下刀
He'd need a lot of light, and know where to cut,
但不需要是医生或外科医师
but it wouldn't have to be a doctor or a surgeon.
-他必须是… -一个疯子
It'd have to be-- -A madman!
而且还在逍遥法外
And still out there.
举枪
Port arms!
请原谅 兰德先生
You'll have to forgive me, Mr. Landor.
你也看到了 我们的处境很微妙
You've found us in a very delicate position.
华盛顿有些有权势的参议员
There are certain powerful senators in Washington
恨不得看到我们一败涂地 好趁机关闭军校
who would like nothing more than to see us fail utterly, to shut us down.
我在请求你挽救美国♥军♥事学校的荣誉
I'm asking you to help save the honor of the United States Military Academy.
我会尽力的
And save it, I'll try.
昨晚是你执勤 亨顿先生
You were, uh, on guard duty last night, Mr. Huntoon.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
9点半站岗 午夜时换班后 我就回警卫室了
Post at 9:30. Relieved at midnight and made my way back to the guardroom.
警卫室在哪里
Where is that?
四号♥街 先生 在克♥林♥顿♥要塞附近
Number four, sir. By Fort Clinton.
我得承认 我对地形不太熟悉
I… I admit, I'm not very familiar with the grounds,
但似乎我们所站的地方
but it seems that the part we're standing on right now
并不在克♥林♥顿♥要塞到北军营的路上
is not on the way from Fort Clinton to North Barracks.
-是的 先生 -那你为何偏离了路线
No, sir. -Oh. What took you off course?
先生 我在回去的路上听到了声响
Well, sir, on my way, I heard something.
我以为是动物
I reckoned it was an animal.
听上去好像是快死了或是掉进了陷阱 所以我去帮忙了
It sounded like it was dying or caught in a trap, so I came to help.
我很喜欢动物
I'm terribly partial to animals.
我往这条路上跑 与弗莱学员擦肩而过 先生
I was running this way until I brushed Cadet Fry, sir.
-他看上去怎么样 -不太好 先生
How'd he look? -Not well, sir.
他不是直直地悬吊着
He wasn't hanging straight.
他的姿势仿佛是坐在椅子上一般
It was almost as if he was seated in a chair.
我没听懂
I'm not following you.
他双脚着地 先生
Well, his feet were touching the ground, sir.
-他双脚着地 -是的 先生
His feet were touching the ground? -Yes, sir.
好吧 那你接下来做了什么
All right. What did you do next?
我跑了 一直跑回北军营
I ran. Ran straight back to North Barracks.
最后一个问题 问完我就不打扰你了
Uh, one last question and I'll trouble you no more.
你看到周围有人吗
Did you see anyone else about?
没有 先生
No, sir.
亨顿先生
Mr. Huntoon.
脖子…
The neck…
是我最先注意到的
That's what first struck me.
看到了吗
See?
绳索的痕迹很杂乱 绳子绑在他脖子上
Not a clean cinch at all. The rope grabbed at him
然后上下滑动 在找一个稳固的着力点
and ran up and down the neck looking for purchase.
好像…
As though…
好像他在…反抗
As though he was… fighting.
你可以看下他的手指
Look, if you would, at his fingers.
因为握紧绳子而磨出了新鲜水泡
Blistered fresh from clutching at the rope…
他曾试图把绳子拿掉
…trying to peel the thing off him.
我能问下这是怎么回事吗
May I ask what's going on here?
这太不合适了
This is, uh, quite irregular.
不知您是否介意摸一下 弗莱先生的后脑勺
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind feeling around the back of Mr. Fry's head.
是您给弗莱先生验尸的吧
You did examine Mr. Fry?
当然是我验的 这是我的工作
Of course I examined him, as is my job.
我们不是已经查看过了吗
Haven't we already been through this?
有一处挫伤
There is a contusion of sort.
电影精选列表