Now, tell me, is it true you once solicited a confession
就让犯人招供了 这是真的吗
with nothing more than a piercing look?
只要有足够的耐心
With enough patience,
嫌疑人就会不打自招
the suspect will often interrogate himself.
你真是个令人愉快的伙伴 兰德
Well, you are most delightful company, Landor.
有朝一日我要写首诗
I shall write a poem someday.
能让你的名字流芳百世的诗
Something that shall send your name down through the ages.
即使在这次袭击事件后 你也不怀疑兰迪巴林杰
Even after this attack, you don't suspect Randy Ballinger?
你有头绪了吗
So where does this leave you?
你的调查
Your investigation.
我怀疑的是阿特摩斯马奎斯
I'm interested in Artemus Marquis.
你认识他
I take it you know him?
谁不认识啊
Well, who doesn't?
他长了一张俊美的脸
Glorious look to him.
他差点就英年早逝了 对吧
He'd almost have to die young, wouldn't he?
但我不认为他是会使用暴♥力♥的人
But I wouldn't have picked him for the violent sort.
总是一副镇定自若的样子
Always, um, very cool.
也许凶手不是他
Perhaps he's not our man.
他给人一种感觉…他们全家人都是
There's a quality to him. To his entire family.
好像做了亏心事一样
They act like people who are guilty of something.
所有家庭不都是如此吗
Aren't all families guilty of something?
-上尉 -是巴林杰先生
Captain. -It's Mr. Ballinger.
恐怕他失踪了
I'm afraid he's gone missing.
检查石头旁边
Next to those rocks.
这边也是
Here on this side too.
去山上
Up the hill.
右边以及树后面
Cadet, right side. Behind those trees.
不在这里
Nothing here.
上尉 在这上面
Captain! Up here!
老天啊
My Lord.
巴林杰先生的解剖 不如弗莱的干净利落
Mr. Ballinger's dissection wasn't as clean as Fry's.
这说明不是同一人所为
Suggesting it was performed by different hands.
至于阉♥割♥…
As for the castration…
那个…
Well, I'm…
阉♥割♥
Castration?
天啊 兰德
My God, Landor.
我们还没有找出凶手是谁
We're no closer to finding who's responsible for this
都一个月了
than we were a month ago!
有眉目了
We are closer.
-破案只是时间问题 -告诉我
It's only a matter of time. -Tell me!
你找到了更多撒旦邪教的证据吗
Have you found more evidence of satanic practices?
那个所谓的军官呢 他让二等兵科克伦
What of the so-called officer who persuaded Private Cochrane
将勒罗伊弗莱的尸体弃之不顾
to abandon Leroy Fry's body?
弗莱的日记呢
Or Fry's diary?
你有找到一条可用的线索吗
Have you found a single clue that might be of use?
一个疯子正在山区里游荡 肢解我的士兵
A maniac is freely roaming these hills, disemboweling my men.
那些士兵暂停了履行他们的职责 几乎足不出营地 夜不能寐
Men who barely carry out their duties, hardly leave their barracks or sleep.
就算睡着了 也是握着火枪睡的
And if they can sleep, do so with their muskets!
我开始觉得你不再认为我有能力
I'm beginning to believe you no longer think I'm competent
调查这起案件
to undertake this investigation.
谢谢你 医生
Thank you, doctor.
我们质疑的不是你的能力 而是你的忠诚
It's not your competence we question, it's your allegiance.
这是否有可能是坡先生的杰作
Is there any possibility that this could have been the work of Mr. Poe?
坡
Poe?
就在昨天 他在餐桌上
Just yesterday, he was regaling his table mates
绘声绘色地描述他与巴林杰先生 史诗般的争斗 以此取乐
with an heroic account of his epic tussle with Mr. Ballinger,
并宣称如果他们再次发生冲突
declaring that he fully intended to kill him
一定会杀了他
should they ever cross swords again.
你见过坡
You've seen Poe.
你真的认为他能制♥服♥巴林杰吗
Can you honestly tell me he subdued Ballinger?
不 没那个必要 火枪就能解决问题
No, there would have been no need. Firearm would have turned the trick.
不管他跟巴林杰是否有过节
Whatever his relations with Ballinger,
没有证据能证明 坡和勒罗伊弗莱的死有关联
there's no sign of any link between Poe and Leroy Fry.
-他们并不认识 -但他们认识
They didn't even know each other. -Oh, but they did.
去年夏天 他们俩也发生过一次冲突
They had a tussle of their own last summer.
我猜他应该没有主动提及这件事吧
I don't suppose he ever volunteered that bit of information, did he?
那就逮捕他
Then arrest him.
既然你这么笃定 那就逮捕他
Arrest him if you are so persuaded.
我们只掌握了作案动机
All we have is motive.
我们指望你提供证据
We're looking to you to supply evidence!
兰德先生 你是对学院心怀不满吗
Mr. Landor, do you harbor a latent hostility toward this Academy?
是这样吗
Is that it?
我为了你宝贵的学院在冒生命危险
I am risking my life on behalf of your precious institution.
但是没错
But yes.
我确实认为 学院夺走了一个年轻人的意志
I do believe that the Academy takes away a young man's will.
用你们的条例和规则限制他
It fences him with regulations and rules.
剥夺了他的理性 变得没有人性
Deprives him of reason. It makes him less human.
你是说这些死亡案该怪在学院头上
Are you implying the Academy is to blame for these deaths?
对 罪犯与学院有关 所以学院也有罪
Someone connected to the Academy, yes. Hence, the Academy itself.
这太荒谬了
Well, that's absurd.
按照你的标准
By your standard,
基♥督♥徒犯的每项罪行都是上帝的污点
every crime committed by a Christian will be a stain on Christ.
是的
And so it is.
我最初让你接下这份工作时
When I first asked you… to take this job,
你说你跟勒罗伊弗莱没打过任何交道
you told me you never had dealings with Leroy Fry, so, uh…
我们就从这儿开始吧
Let's start there. Well?
-这并不是实话… -是啊
Well, that's not entirely true-- -Well… Well… Well…
为什么与你有关的一切 都不简单 坡
Why is nothing simple with you, Poe?
事实呢 简单的事实是什么
Where are the facts? Where are the simple facts?
只要回答是或否
Yes! Or no!
我要真♥相♥
The truth!
你认识勒罗伊弗莱吗
Did you know Leroy Fry?
认识
Yes.
你跟勒罗伊弗莱说过话吗
Did you have words with Leroy Fry?
是的 说过
Yes. Yes.
你杀了勒罗伊弗莱吗
Did you kill Leroy Fry?
你杀了鲁道夫巴林杰吗
Did you kill Randolph Ballinger?
没有
No.
你有参与毁坏他们的尸体吗
Did you have anything to do with the desecrating of their bodies?
-没有 我要是撒谎 天打雷劈… -但你是否承认
No, no, no. May I be struck dead if I-- -But you do not deny
你曾威胁过他们俩
that you threatened both men?
巴林杰那次 那是…
Well, as it relates to Ballinger, that was…
我不是那个意思
I never meant it.
-那弗莱呢 -我从来没有威胁过他 我只是…
And Fry? -I never once threatened him. I merely--
我看到了一个令人不安的规律 坡
There is a very disturbing pattern here, Poe.
凡是惹到你的人最后都被吊死了
Men who cross you end up on the wrong end of a noose
重要的器官从胸腔里被挖走
with rather important organs carved from their chests.
兰德先生…
Mr. Landor…
如果我要杀掉所有
If I were to kill every cadet
在我短暂的任期里侵害过我的人
who had abused me during my brief tenure here,
那恐怕整个学员团
I'm afraid you would find the Corp of Cadets
最后只会剩下不到十几人
reduced to less than a dozen.
如果你非要知道的话 从我到达这里的第一天起
Now, if you must know, I've been a figure of fun
我就是学员们取笑的对象
from my very first day here.
我的行为、年龄、我这个人…
My manner, my age, my person…
我的样貌
my aesthetics.
如果让我叙述
If I had a thousand lifetimes,
我遭受的全部伤害
I could not begin to address all the injuries
我三天三夜都说不完
that have been done to me.
没错 我犯了很多罪 但我从没做过那种事
Yes, I am guilty of a great, great many things, but never that.
从未做过杀人的事
Never murder.
你相信我吗
Now do you believe me?
我认为你应该更好地注意你的言行
I believe that you should take better care of what you say and do.
目前来看 我也许能挡住希区柯克
For now, I can probably hold off Hitchcock.
但如果你再骗我
But if you ever lie to me again,
他们给你上烙铁的时候 我绝不会帮你
they can clap you in irons and I won't lift a finger to help you.
你听明白了吗
Do you understand me?
如果你不介意的话 我要去吃晚饭了
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm expected for dinner.
感谢各位与我们一起 哀悼鲁道夫的英年早逝
Thank you for joining us in mourning Randolph's untimely passing.
那孩子就像家人一样
The dear boy was family.
你不觉得我儿子非常英俊吗 兰德先生
电影精选列表