卡彭时期的黑♥手♥党♥风衣下绑着汤线逊冲♥锋♥枪♥,用手榴弹开道等字眼。这其实并没有太夸张,相比于纽约等其他比较著名的美国“黑♥手♥党♥城市”,芝加哥的魅力就在于其浓厚的暴♥力♥色彩,芝加哥的黑♥手♥党♥组织人物关系相比于纽约这样的国际性大都市要更简单,而暴♥力♥场面又更多更宏大,这也是为什么过去的黑♥手♥党♥题材电影多爱拿芝加哥说事。
在芝加哥,有名的比如卡彭邦的杰作:情人节大屠♥杀♥(此电影改编该事件),卡彭的手下假扮警♥察♥逼迫几名爱尔兰帮成员面朝墙接受检查,随即和手下从后面以处决式将这几个被缴械的人射杀,这种事在那个年代已经相当惊世骇俗了。
还有比如爱尔兰帮的报复行动,拉两卡车几十号♥人手持冲♥锋♥枪♥扫射卡彭的总部等等,都是芝加哥暴♥力♥的代名词,可以说在美国这样一个法制基本上相对健全的国家,芝加哥这样的城市几乎就是人间地狱了,因为芝加哥的帮派作战常常是不管三七二十一就当街突突,很少有像纽约黑♥手♥党♥那样心思慎密的花费数周甚至数月策划一起暗♥杀♥。或许让芝加哥如此暴♥力♥,爱尔兰人也功不可没,爱尔兰人长♥期♥抵抗英格兰政♥府♥,在移♥民♥美国后,他们的血性也依然残留在DNA里,爱尔兰帮甚至还动用过炸♥弹♥袭击等一些手段。
1929年2月14日...
February 14, 1929...
崩♥盘♥之年,六天自行车锦标赛
the year of the black bottle, six-day bicycle races...
还有从巴黎到纽约的首次飞行
flagpole sitting, and the first flight from Paris to New York.
米老鼠首次亮相大银幕...
Mickey Mouse makes his screen debut...
赫伯特.胡佛就任第三十一届总统的讲话...
and Herbert Hoover is inaugurated as the 31 st president with the words...
“我们今日之美国比任何地方都更接近取得最终...
"We in America today are nearer to the final triumph over poverty...
战胜贫穷的胜利”
than ever before in any land."
六个月后,纽约股市将崩♥盘♥
Six months later, the New York stock market will crash...
导致世界有史以来最大的经济萧条
and bring about the greatest depression in world history.
在芝加哥市,时间是上午十点二十五分
In the city of Chicago, the time is 10:25 a.m.
温度...华氏十八度
The temperature... 18 above zero.
哦,我的上帝
Oh, my God.
我的上帝!
My God!
从1920年1月17日凌晨0时,美国宪法第18号♥修正案:“自本条批准一年以后,凡在合众国及其管辖土地境内,酒类饮料的制♥造♥、售卖♥♥或转运,均应禁止。其输出或输入于合众国及其管辖的领地,亦应禁止。”又称禁酒法案(又称“伏尔斯泰得法案”)正式生效。 根据这项法律规定,凡是制♥造♥、售卖♥♥乃至于运输酒精含量超过0.5%以上的饮料皆属违法。自己在家里喝酒不算犯法,但与朋友共饮或举♥行♥酒宴则属违法,最高可被罚款1000美元及监禁半年。 21岁以上的人才能买♥♥到酒,并需要出示年龄证明,而且只能到限定的地方购买♥♥。
禁酒运动将美国分成了“湿的”和“干的”,甚至差点改变了美国的两党制。民♥主♥党在禁酒问题上产生了严重的分歧,故而在全国的影响力及支持度大伤。禁酒党脱颖而出,成为当时全国深孚众望、倍受拥护的党派。
该修正案得到美国基♥督♥教新教♥徒♥的支持,因为他们有一种禁欲苦行,节俭自♥制♥的思想倾向,禁酒令符合他们的要求。但这修正案的实施,引起了非法酿造、出♥卖♥♥♥和走私酒类饮料的新的犯罪行为,禁而不止,而联邦及各州政♥府♥又需要以酒税补充其财政收入,1933年国会颁布宪法第二十一条修正案废止了禁酒令。
1933年2月,美国国会通过第二十一条宪法修正案以取消禁酒之第八修正案。次年,随着犹他州作为第三十六个州签署此弛禁法案,美国的全国性禁酒便寿终正寝了。
禁酒时代的芝加哥黑社会是美国上世纪的一个重要历史现象,也是美国电影、电视、文学、艺术经久不衰的热门题材。
在1920年国家禁止酒法案生效...
In the years following the passage...
之后的数年里
of the National Prohibition Act of 1920...
帮派就像雨后春笋一样
the nation's underworld rises to power and battles amongst itself...
在权力和争斗中崛起
just as modern nations and corporations do.
这一时期,随着帮派吞并、帮派对私酒的垄断
Open periods of gang warfare are followed by peace treaties...
和帮派对私酒利润的追求...
and attempts at consolidation and monopoly...
以及蓬勃发展的私酒市场
each of which is shattered as new warfare erupts...
导致帮派战争的公开化
in quest of the booming bootlegging and vice profits.
在1929年,芝加哥黑帮控制着21,207间酒吧...
By 1929, the gangs of Chicago operate 21,207 speakeasies...
他们经营总收入达到三亿五千七百万美元
and their gross income reaches $357 million.
在这座城市在九年中♥共♥有六百一十八名
Six hundred and 18 members of the city's underworld...
帮派成员被谋杀
are murdered within nine years.
腐♥败♥从市长办公室...
Corruption extends from the mayor's office...
到最简陋的街边酒吧
to the humblest side-street speakeasy.
告诉你的烂妹子,让她闭嘴!
Tell your lousy sister to keep her lousy mouth shut!
你能帮我个忙吗?
Do me a favor, will you?
我的意思是,只是切她的扁桃体...
I mean, just to give her tonsils a break...
两杯啤酒
Two beers.
你丫的酒馆不错嘛
Nice place you got here.
多谢
Thanks.
生易不错吧,哼?
Do a nice business, huh?
付得起房♥租吧
Pays the rent.
你丫想做什么,毒死我吗
What are you trying to do, poison me?
如果您不喜欢喝这啤酒,先生,您可以不用付钱
If you don't like the beer, mister, you don't have to pay for it.
现在,好吧,你丫这就变成乖乖猫猫了?
Well, now, ain't you the cat's pajamas?
你听到了吗,杰米?
Did you hear that, Jimmy?
这亮眼睛在那里说,我们不用为这两杯猫尿付钱
Bright eyes here says we don't have to pay for this slop.
怎么样,豆芽菜?你在喝这些猫尿
How 'bout it, bud? You're drinking this stuff.
味道很糟糕,不是吗?
Tastes terrible, don't it?
我想我还是不掺和你们的事吧
I guess I'm not what you'd call much of a judge.
怎么回事呢?你丫鼻子闻出去臭味了吗?
What's the matter? Don't you know when something stinks?
我想我喝的这个啤酒味道还不错
I guess I drunk better at that.
哈,听到了吗?连你的朋友都不喜欢喝
Ah, ya hear that? Even your friend don't like it.
你丫还想要什么?
What more do you want?
好吧,亮眼睛,你丫从哪进的酒?
All right, bright eyes, where you getting it?
从斯劳森那里
Fellow named Slauson.
斯劳森,斯劳森...
Slauson, Slauson...
我只认识一个给卡彭干活的斯劳森
Only Slauson I know works for Capone.
阿尔.卡彭
Al Capone.
不会是同一个斯劳森吧?
That wouldn't be the same Slauson, would it?
我想是的
I think it is.
- 你每周进多少货?
- How much you move in a week?
- 五桶
- Five barrels.
五桶?对你来说有点少吧?
Five? A swell joint like you got here?
这么纯的啤酒,你丫应该加倍进货才对
With the right kind of beer, you could double that, easy.
我明天早上在这儿给你放十桶,每桶就收你五十五块钱吧
I'm gonna put 10 barrels in here tomorrow morning, cost you $55 a barrel.
你瞧,先生,你这是要让我破产啊
Look, mister, you trying to get me knocked off?
我不敢顶撞卡彭帮,也不敢顶撞莫兰帮
I can't buck Capone. Neither can Moran.
莫兰?
Moran?
我只认识一个开电车的莫兰
Only Moran I know drives a streetcar.
那个,嘿...不会又是同一个莫兰吧
That, uh... That wouldn't be the same Moran, would it?
我的错
My mistake.
没事啦,谁都会出错的哟
That's okay. Anybody can make a mistake.
比如我,我甚至给你丫送错的啤酒
Take me. Why, I could even be wrong about your beer.
也许它会膨胀爆裂,它会弄脏你的酒吧
Maybe it's swell, and it's just you got dirty pipes.
什么都会发生
Happens.
好吧,现在,你丫知道你为什么在这儿了,亮眼睛
Well, now, you know what you got there, bright eyes.
这管子里流出的不是自来水,是绿色的啤酒呀
It's not the pipes at all. It's green beer.
来,你丫可以闻闻它
Here, you can smell it.
明白我的意思 ?
See what I mean?
彼得.古腾贝格,1♥8♥9♥8年9月22日,生于伊利诺斯州,芝加哥
Peter Gusenberg-born Chicago, Illinois, September 22 of 1♥8♥9♥8.
刑满释放。盗窃邮件。窃贼
Ex-convict. Mail-robber. Burglar.
劫持犯。职业杀手
Hijacker. Professional killer.
在他十三岁的时候,他从学校回到家里,发现他的母亲死了
When, at the age of 13, he came home from school to find his mother dead...
他的第一个动作就是从她的手指上撬下结婚戒指并典当了它
his first act was to pry the wedding ring from her finger and pawn it.
他过去七年是北部帮“臭虫”莫兰的手下
He has been a member of Bugs Moran's North Side gang for the past seven years.
从明天起每天十桶
Ten barrels, starting tomorrow.
不要忘了哟...我可帮了你丫一大忙,知道不?
And don't forget...I'm doing you a big favor.
弗兰克.古腾贝格...
Frank Gusenberg...
彼特.古腾贝格是他弟弟...
younger brother of Peter Gusenberg...
1902年10月11日,生于伊利诺斯州,芝加哥,
born Chicago, Illinois, October 11, 1902.
窃贼。偷车贼。勒索犯。职业枪手
Burglar. Car thief. Extortionist. Professional gunman.
过去九年是北部帮“臭虫”莫兰的手下
Member of the North Side gang for the past nine years.
他同时娶了两个女人...
He is married to two women simultaneously...
但不在一起生活
but lives with neither.
文森佐.德莫拉,又名“冲♥锋♥枪♥”杰克.麦古恩
Vincenzo DeMora, alias "Machine Gun" Jack McGurn...
1903年7月7日,生于纽约市
born Brooklyn, New York, July 7, 1903.
当他九岁时,他的父亲被谋杀
When he was nine years old, his father was murdered.
在他二十岁时,他亲手杀死了与....
By the time he was 20, he had personally killed...
他父亲死有关的每一个人
every man connected with his father's death.
他最近负责卡彭帮派
He has recently become a top trigger man and extortionist...
的勒索业务
in the Capone organization.
你刚才到底在哪儿?
Just where the hell were you?
我什么都做不了,杰克
Nothing I could do, Jack.
那家伙突然闯进来
Guy came up like right out of the woodwork.
我第一反应是门开了,然后他就开始扫射
First I know, the door is open and he's blasting away.
- 你知道他是谁吗?
- Did you make him?
- 知道
- Yeah.
莫兰帮的一个小子,弗兰克.古腾贝格
One of Moran's boys. Frank Gusenberg.
阿方斯.卡彭...
Alphonse Capone...
又名,阿尔.卡彭,又名,阿尔.布朗...
alias Al Capone, alias Al Brown...
1♥8♥9♥9年1月6日,生于意大利,卡斯泰拉马莱
born Castellamare, Italy, January 6, 1♥8♥9♥9.
没有犯罪记录。在布鲁克林区贫民窟中长大
No criminal record. Raised in a Brooklyn slum.
他于1919年初移居伊利诺斯州
He has migrated to Illinois early in 1919.
精明,雄心勃勃,冷酷无情...
Shrewd, ambitious, and utterly ruthless...
他在短短的六年里从底层的酒馆保镖
Capone in six short years has climbed from the status of saloon bouncer...
成为芝加哥最强大的黑帮帮派的领导
to become unchallenged leader of Chicago's most powerful underworld organization.
对于他的伙计来说,他是“龙头”。
To his associates, he is "The Big Fellow."
对于公众来说,他是“疤面”艾尔.卡彭。
To the public, he is "Scarface" Al Capone.
谢谢您,卡彭先生
Thank you, Mr. Capone.
那次突袭,很对不起,杰克,我这来了一个新警长,不懂规矩
Sorry about that raid, Jake. I got a new captain out there who won't play ball.
- 他怎么样?
- What's wrong with him?
- 贪得无厌
- Playing hard to get.
我们每周给他一百块
We had him put down for a yard a week.
他说,如果我们想在他的地区卖♥♥酒,我们必须付三倍的钱
He says if we want to operate in his district, we gotta triple that.
三百块,吭?这些家伙就想着要我们的钱
Three hundred, huh? Those guys must think we're made of money.
给我写他下的名字。我要让他出点儿血(xiě)
Write me out his name. I'll have the bum transferred to the sticks.
如果有助于让他连任
If it helps get him reelected...
那就给汤普森的竞选基金投五十万
half a million in Thompson's campaign fund's a bargain.
如果他们让塞马克当市长
They put Cermak in the mayor's office...
我们每年将会损失两千万
and we're gonna lose 20 million a year.
那真是浪费钱,我们不如推一人个当市长得了
That's a waste of dough. We bought one mayor.
如果他竞选失败,我们就再推一个
He loses out, we buy the next one.
电影精选列表