女士们先生们--麦克.李伯 当今只有他一个人能表演三滚翻
Ladies and gentlemen - Mike Ribble, the only man alive today to attempt a triple.
三回旋后他握住了同伴的手
Three complete somersaults before reaching the arms of his catcher.
Halt! Halt!
你看,我已经46岁了,才突然长高.
You see, Achille, here I am 46 years old, and suddenly I start to grow.
以前,我的头离铁格子只有两寸.
Before, the lowest bar on the lion's cage was two inches above my head.
现在只有一寸. - 也许是格子松了下来.
- Now it is only one. - Maybe they shifted the bar.
- 你们知道一个叫做麦克.李伯的人吗? - 不知道.
- You know a fella named Mike Ribble? - No.
- 做的不错吧. - 有什么不对?
- Ce n'est pas si mal que ?a, monsieur. - Ou sont les gueules?
- 我的名字呢?
- Vous voulez des tigres? - Et mon nom?
"在这里,布里奥尼先生."
"Monsieur Bouglione".
写大一点儿,重新做!
Chaque année, il est de plus en plus minuscule. Refaites-moi cette affiche.
布廖内先生,他们表演的不错吧? 雇佣他们到开幕的那一天会更精彩的.
Monsieur Bouglione, you like? Beautiful, yes? By opening night, magnificent. I...
- 他们做什么我了解,你表演什么呢? - 我?我表演给你看.
- What they do, I see. What do you do? - Me? I show you.
啊-哈!
Hey-hup!
啊-哈!
Hey-hup!
哈!
Hup!
阿来-哈!
Alley-oop!
- 你是干什么的? - 是的,
- Parlez Anglais? - Yeah.
- 你知道麦克.李伯吗? - 从没有听说过.
- Do you know Mike Ribble? - Never heard of him.
要不要买♥♥蛇?它可以表演得很好.
Want a snake act? Three of the sweetest performers that ever circled a torso.
- 它很适合蛇艺,不是吗?矮子 - 它不适合.
- He's got the build for it, hasn't he? - He don't look like a snake lover.
- 有谁知道麦克.李伯? - 来跟大家打个招呼.
- Anybody know Mike Ribble? - Say hello to the gentleman.
在美国,他是个有名的飞人,你知道吗? 空中飞人!
American. A great flier. You know, the trapeze.
- 他在这里应该有工作的. - 我知道一个叫做葛瑞伯(瘸子)的人.
- He's got a job here. - I knew a man named Gribble.
他能和锦蛇、大白鲨一起进行表演
Did an act with a python of uncertain temper and extraordinary big jaws.
- 你是谁? - 蒂诺.欧西尼
- Who are you? - Tino Orsini.
- 奎多.欧西尼是你父亲? - 是的
- Guido Orsini your father? - Yeah.
- 结果他被蛇吃了. - 李伯在那里.
- Cheap due to unforeseen circumstances. - That's Ribble.
他在修理飞机
Above the plane, tightening the rigging.
宝贝,醒醒 它自从上周吃了晚饭之后情况就不大妙.
Baby, wake up. She's a bit sluggish since her dinner last week.
李伯先生!李伯先生!
Mr Ribble! Say, Mr Ribble!
你!我们大家都在练习,你不要吵!
You! In my circus, when I put together a show I have silence.
- 我必须要见李伯先生. - 他的时间就是钱.
- I just wanna see Mr Ribble. - See him on his time, not mine.
- 先生,你说过要帮我找买♥♥主. - 没人要买♥♥.
- Monsieur, you said you'd find a buyer. - I find no buyer.
谁都知道他杀了你哥哥
Everybody knows the snake killed your brother.
他只是太照顾他们 让它们保暖,然后冻死在外面
She's high-spirited, that's all. If she's warm it's safe. My brother let her get cold.
我们这里早就不表演蛇艺了
If you did not already have a snake act, would you buy a snake act?
你看,两滚翻着地
Now watch. Off the bars, a double forward twist.
- 我们怎么样,布廖内先生? - 我以前就看过他们工作.
- We do business, monsieur? - I see these boys work before.
- 他们在哪里找到的你? - 他们很幸运,不是吗?
- Where'd they find you? - They're lucky, no?
- 你们在哪里找到的她? - 我们没有找到她,是她找到我们的.
- Where you find her? - We don't find her. She finds us.
哎?
Well?
我付给你以前的价码,我会查出来.
I pay you what you got before, and I check what you got before.
但是你的马戏团比以前的还大呀
But the Cirque d'Hiver is more important than where we were.
马戏团是大,但你的水准不够.
The Cirque d'Hiver, yes. Your act, no.
- 你看,我雇佣他们,但是价码和以前一样. - 太好了.
- Look, I take the act as it is. - All right.
同样的薪酬
Same pay.
啊...
Ah...
- 他喜欢我们吗? - 他怎么说?
- He likes us? - What did he say?
罗拉,说话呀
Come on, say it.
- 出什么事了,罗拉? - 他究竟怎么说的?
- What's the matter, Lola? - Whatever he said, say it.
快说话呀,罗拉
Come on. Speak, Lola.
- 布廖内先生他... - 嗯?
- Bouglione... - Yeah?
- 他说我们的水准不行 - 为什么?
- He will not buy the act as it is. - Why?
- 他要我表演的多一些. - 表演多一些?你演得已经够多了.
- He wants me to do more. - More for you? Already there is too much!
又不是我说的,是布廖内先生说的.
I do not say it's my idea that I do more. It's Bouglione. He insist.
否则,我们就不被录用.
Otherwise, we don't work.
- 罗拉,是我们在卖♥♥力的. - 不要吵.
You're always trying to do more. It's our act.
好了,如果我是多余的,那我就退出.
Ali, if you feel this way about me, I will leave the act.
- 哦,闭嘴 - (大象叫)
Oh, shut up.
李伯先生,嗨,李伯先生.
Mr Ribble? Hey, Mr Ribble?
嘿,下去,免得你摔伤.
Hey, get down out of there before you fall down.
- 但是我是一个飞人. - 我不管你是什么,给我下去.
- But I'm a flier. - I don't care what you are. Get down.
我大老远从布鲁克里来找你 我老爸是奎多.欧西尼
I came all the way from Brooklyn to see you. My old man is Guido Orsini.
你老爸还是飞人吗?
That buzzard still flyin'?
他告诉我只有你能教给我更多东西.
He taught me all he knew. You're the only man who can teach me more.
你回布鲁克林告诉他我不是教练 我只是一名修理工
Tell him I'm not a coach. I'm a rigger. And tell him in person, back in Brooklyn.
- 看,李伯先生... - 走吧,孩子,我很忙.
- Look, Mr Ribble... - Go on, beat it, son. I'm busy.
我要的,只有你能给我.
I want something only you can give me.
世上只有你能教我了解滚翻
You're the only man in the world that can teach me the triple.
三滚翻?你疯了吗? 你知道吗我只是一个修理工
The triple? Are you crazy? Don't you know why I'm a rigger?
我会二滚翻,你只需要再稍许指点一下.
I throw a double somersault. I need a little help on the third.
- 只需再指点一下就会三滚翻吗?啊哈? - 我知道那并不容易.
- Just a little help on the third, huh? - I know it's not easy...
三滚翻需要更大的冲击力 冲击的你无法预见
You come out of that third somersault like an express train. And you come out blind.
飞手和接手必须要默契良好
A split second to reach for your catcher, and a split second for him to grab you.
- 这就是三滚翻的要领. - 我要的只是...
- That's all there is to it. - All I want...
有很多新手都来找过我
How many wet-eared kids have come to me tryin' to suck me back in?
但你比他们更厉害要学三滚翻.
But you top 'em all. You wanna do a triple.
我想让你看一眼我的技巧 如果你认为我学不了,我就回布鲁克林
All I ask is one look. If you don't think I got it, I'll go back to Brooklyn.
好的,你准备回去吧
Well, start packin'.
我做的如何?
How am I doing?
这个如何?
How about this?
你想把指纹握在杆子上吗?握轻点儿.
You tryin' to leave your fingerprints on the bar? Grip it lightly.
两手分太开了
Get your hands closer together. They're too far apart.
与肩同宽
Closer still. Shoulder width.
要不然离心力会把你抛在空中
When you do a roll over the bar that way, shoot way up in the air.
你知道吗,我完全学你的方式.
You know, I modelled my style after yours.
这样你永远排第二,创造你自己的方式
Then you'll always be a second-rater. Make your own style.
问题在你荡得不够高
You don't force out high enough.
这样接手无法接到你,你看我荡.
You'll never reach your catcher unless you kick for the ceiling. Watch my swing.
这里,这就是接手的位置.
There. This is where your catcher would be for any big trick.
我来了,接住我.
Here I come. Catch me!
- 傻蛋,下面没有网子 - 谁需要网子?
- You fool! Without a net? - Who needs a net?
- 只不过是个网子,你脑子里有就行了. - 但你并没有.
- I should have dropped you on your head. - But you didn't.
你!我警告过你了,下来!
You! I told you before, get down.
一个死飞人变成一个活的接手
A dead flier becomes a live catcher.
你的手很好,当个接手,接我.
You've got great hands. Be a catcher. Catch me.
我不做接手,不为你也不为任何人.
I'm no catcher, not for you or anybody else.
加入我吧,我们一组
Come back in the business. We'll make a team.
只有我们会三滚翻--李伯和欧西尼
The only act to do a triple - Ribble and Orsini.
你听我的忠言吗? 趁你还没死抓紧回布鲁克林,这样你还能飞
You want my advice? Well, here it is. Fly back to Brooklyn while you can still fly.
一次意外使他从纽约来到巴黎,他跑的可真远.
From flier to rigger in one accident. New York to Paris. He's fallen a long way.
- 他还真行... - 问题在他心里...
- He's not smashed up as bad as I heard. - It's his heart that's smashed.
他以前是飞人,现在连跳台都不敢站
He used to be a flier. Now he can't even get on the pedestal.
就像鸟被拔掉了羽毛,不能飞,你明白吗?
What good is life to a bird if he can't fly? You can understand.
我当然明白 布廖内先生?你觉得我表演的如何?
Sure I can. Mr Bouglione? How'd you like my act?
- 什么表演? - 李伯和欧西尼
- What act? - Ribble and Orsini.
你来这里晃两下,这就叫表演?
You come here, do two flips on the bar, make one pass, right away you got an act.
恭喜你!一个能走的和一个瘸子
Congratulations. One of you runs before he can walk, the other a cripple.
李伯如果愿意和我合作.你对我们有兴趣吗?
Ribble wants to work with me. Are you interested or do I go somewhere else?
我当然有兴趣,但我很清楚这个人 不要说我没警告你
I'm interested, but I know this man better than you do. Remember, I warned you.
你还在啊?晚上好玩吧?啊哈?
- You still here? Up all night, huh? - Look, Mr Ribble...
所以没好演员,没有人要练习.
That's why there are no more performers. Nobody trains.
你这样做太可恶了...
That's the lousiest full twist...
你看你都作了些什么
Look what you did.
李伯先生?
Mr Ribble?
这个如何?
How about this?
虽然不是"革球 鞭",你感想如何?
It's not like workin' with my own bars, but tell me what you think anyway.
两手与肩同宽不是吗?李伯先生?
Hands close enough together, Mr Ribble?
你认为如何,李伯先生?
What do you think, Mr Ribble?
- 如何?李伯先生? - 很烂
- How's that, Mr Ribble? - Lousy.
麦克?
Mike?
- 是谁? - 麦克,是我罗萨.
- Who is it? - Mike, it is Rosa.
罗萨!
Rosa!
你怎么来的?我一直以为你在澳洲呢.
Where'd you come from? I thought you were in Australia.
我在非洲三年了,我回来了,麦克.
And Africa. Three years. I am back, Mike.
我来这里表演,你现在在做什么?
We are opening here. What are you doing now?
- 过来,让我看看你 -"罗萨..."
- Come here, let's have a look at you. - Rosa!
- "...你要让我的马感冒吗?" - 是驯马师老区奇吗?
- You want my horses to catch a cold? - Well, if it ain't old Chikki.
永远都是把马放在首位的区奇
The horses first, always the horses, eh, Chikki?
我以为你死了呢 她已经是区奇太太了,去年结的婚.