华纳兄弟出品
大西洋影业
英格丽褒曼
约瑟夫科顿
迈克尔怀丁
阿尔夫雷德希区柯克
片名:历劫佳人
玛格丽特莱顿、塞西尔帕克
首映日:1949.09.08
片中很多镜头都长达数分钟以上。
其中一个镜头自室外运动到室内,并在十多名演员之间来回穿梭
达十来分钟之久,效果极度突出而引人入胜。
导演:阿尔夫雷德希区科克
在1770年库克船长发现了澳洲
In 1770 Captain Cook discovered Australia.
60年后悉尼这座城市,新威尔士的首都
60 years later, the city of Sydney,capital of New South Wales,
在这个不知名的300万平方英里土地边沿不断发展着
had grown on the edge of 3 million square miles of unknown land.
这个殖民地出口原料
The colony exported raw materials.
它进口的原材料甚至更多。
It imported material even more raw.
囚犯
Prisoners.
他们中的许多人被不公正地定罪。
Many of them unjustly convicted.
他们将被塑造成一个伟大统治的先驱。
Who were to be shaped into pioneers of a great dominion.
在1831年威廉国王派遣了一位新的长官
In 1831 King William had sent a new Governor,
来掌管这个殖民地
to rule the colony.
现在我们的故事从这里开始了
And now our story begins.
长官敬礼
Present arms!
作为被派遣来的代表
As the accredited representative of his gracious majesty,
我们的陛下威廉国王
King William.
需要你们表达对国王陛下的忠诚和爱戴
To express to you, his Majesty's loyal, and beloved subjects.
国王陛下有着浓烈兴趣
His Majesty's warm interest
对你们这里的进步和财富
in the progress and welfare of your community.
先生们我对你们的国家知之甚少
Gentlemen. I know very little of your country,
你们对我也知之甚少
you know very little of me.
你们中的一些人过去的记录不佳
Some of you have no very good record of us.
我有没有这个荣幸可以会见伟大的阿代尔查尔斯
Have I the honor of addressing the honorable Charles Adare?
可以你是谁。 我的名字叫帕特,先生我是西瑞尔帕特
- Yes, who are you? - Potters my name, Sir. Cedric Potter.
我是新威尔士的管理长官
I am the manager of the Bank New South Wales.
我刚刚得知你们有两个人跟随长官来到这里
We knew you were arriving in the governor's entourage.
我们会尽我们所能来为你做事先生
We should be glad to do anything we can for you, Sir.
任何我们能做到的事
Anything we can.
这个地方谈生意可不是太好
This is an odd place to do business.
当然一点都不好先生
This Sir? Not at all, Sir.
你会觉得这是个非传统的赌注,但是我们还是可以好好谈谈
You'll find it's unconventional perhaps,
but we get things done very rapidly.
我再跟你谈吧
I'm sure you do.
我猜这个长官上任后会有所改变,
I've had clients working a chain gang in January and drinking champagne by July.
先生,您将在这里看到非凡的财富变化。
Extraordinary changes of fortune you'll see here, Sir.
毫无疑问
No doubt.
在我们谈生意之前你得给我点时间安顿下来
You must give me time to settle down before we talk business.
我明天早上再打电♥话♥给你
I'll call you tomorrow.
你住在长官的官邸吗 是的
- You are staying at the government house? - Yes.
你是长官的第二个堂兄弟 是的我是的
- Your second cousin is the Governor? - Yes.
你们的关系非常有趣
An interesting relationship.
那我期待着与你的见面。 明天早上11点吧
- When may I look forward to seeing you?
- Tomorrow at 11?
当然可以先生当然可以
Admirable, Sir, admirable.
好了他快要说完了,我也要走了
Well look, he's just finishing.I must join him.
先生们我没有什么要再说的了
Gentlemen, I have no more to say.
最后要说我希望你们热烈地欢迎我
Except that I am greatly obliged to you, for your welcome.
唱首歌♥怎么样,州长!
What about a song, Governor!
州长万岁!
Viva the governor!
-今天非常热是吧,时间紧就是这样的
- Not a very warm welcome.- The climate's making up for that.
威廉说过要给你个教堂的职位
Wellington used to say he didn't give a rap for the cheers he got before the battle.
不如我们先进去吧
They don't know what they're in for yet.
请这边走先生
This way, sir.
啊你以前也做过这样的生意啊。 当然是的
Ah, you have done some business experience - Absolutely none.
我是父亲最小的儿子,也是我们爱尔兰家族中最小的
I am a youngest son you see, and the youngest
一个爱尔兰父母的儿子,为了一个非常糟糕的交易。
son of an Irish parent to a very bad bargain.
我以前也曾经做过一点事情的
I ought to be able to write and shoot I suppose,
但是我大多数时候还是不用做什么的
but I am rather short sighted and I hate horses.
很不幸吧是的。 -非常。
- Unfortunate, isn't it? - Very.
进来
Come in.
福莱斯基先生想要见你。 帕特先生
Mr. Flusky to see you, Mr.Potter.
去问他介不介意再等一等
Ask him if he wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes.
我正在跟长官的堂弟在谈话
Tell him I'm engaged with the governor's cousin.
福莱斯基,福莱斯基这个名字怎么这么耳熟呢
Flusky, Flusky. That's a curious name.Seems to ring a bell somewhere.
福莱斯基福莱斯基福莱斯基,他到底是谁
Flusky, Rusky, Dustky. Who is he?
是我们这里的一个好公民
One of our most admirable citizens.
一个大地主。
A large land owner.
他做了一些最有利可图的投资。
He has made some most profitable investments.
他是个金融天才。他拥有殖民地最好的股票
Rather a financial genius in his way. Heowns the best stock in the colony and he
工作起来像个苦役犯。也就是说他工作很努力。
works like a galley slave. That is to say he works very hard.
福莱斯基福莱斯基,这个名字我肯定在哪里听过
Flusky, Flusky. Where the devil have I heard that name before?
也许你可以告诉我怎么才能变得有钱
Well so you can't tell me how to get rich?
我想只有通过努力,阿代尔先生
Well really only by hard work, Mr. Adare.
那我去问问别人吧,也许问问福莱斯基先生
Well I must ask somebody else.I must ask your friend Mr. Flusky.
看看他怎么说
How'd he start?
好吧,先生。说来话长。
Well, Sir. It's rather a long story.
说实话,在这个国家我们不太谈论
And to tell you the truth, in this country we don't talk too much about the
别人是怎么成功的
past history of our successful men.
哦,一个前科犯。他是个罪犯?
Oh, an ex-convict. An emancipist is his?
是的先生他是个罪犯
Well yes, Sir. An emancipist.
他为什么要服刑?银行抢劫还是他只是个杀人犯?
Well what did he serve his time for?Bank robbery or is he just a murderer?
不要这么说,在悉尼这里我们从来不说这些事情的
Stop Mr. Adare, stop. We do not discuss these matters in Sydney.
一个人的过去是他自己的事
A man's past is his own business.
在这里过去的事就永远过去了
Out here, we let bygones be bygones.
你这么做?这是我们在爱尔兰永远不能做的事。
You do that? It's a thing we are never allowed to do in Ireland.
我总是对别人的过去有兴趣
I'm always bumping into bygones.
你把我介绍给他怎么样?
How about you introduce me to him?
-先生,如果你愿意的话。但是。。。-小心我说的话。
- Sir, if you wish it. But... - Be careful what I say.
噢福莱斯基先生
Mr. Flusky! Sir!
福莱斯基先生请你过来这边
Mr. Flusky, sir. Would you be good enough to step this way?
福莱斯基先生我向你介绍阿代尔查尔斯
Mr. Flusky, let me present to you the honorable Charles Adare.
他的堂兄是现任的长官
He's a cousin of his excellency the Governor.
他想来悉尼赚一笔钱。 是吗
- He's come to Sydney to make his fortune. - Has he?
很高兴见到你
Please to meet you.
我想你在这贫瘠的土地上很难赚到钱
I hope you told him, you can't find fortunes like fleas in a blanket.
是的我已经跟他说过了福莱斯基先生
Yes, I told him that, Mr. Flusky.
我没有想过要逃跑的
I'm not sure I've ever seen a flea.
想要捡点钱有这么困难吗
Are they difficult to pick up?
这可就取决于你有多快手了
It depends on how quick you are.
我想我在我的国家里已经得到过训练了
Now that I come to think of it.Fleas have a great
在我所在地区以敏捷著称。
reputation for agility in my part of the country.
你是在哪个国家 爱尔兰爱尔兰西部
- What country may that be? - Ireland, the west of Ireland.
爱尔兰
Ireland.
你说你的姓是什么 阿代尔
- What did you say your name was? - Adare.
你知道这个国家吗
Do you know the west country?
也许知道
I might.
那么你是来赚钱的
So you want to make money?
你不是唯一一个来这赚钱的
You're not the only one.
我希望你可以停手
你得先付多少钱?
How much have you got to start with?
那我得要跟帕特先生商量一下
Not enough to impress Mr. Potter.
你是阿代尔克莱里家的吗
Are you one of the Adares of Killala?
对。基拉拉勋爵是我父亲。你认识他吗?
Yes. Lord Killala is my father. Do you know him?
嗨阿代尔先生你得要给我点时间
Well Mr. Adare, perhaps you can give me a little
我才能更好地给你建议
time to think over how I can best advise you?
如果你明天早上再来的话
If you'll drop in tomorrow...
我跟你说吧如果你跟我来,我可以告诉你要做些什么
I'm going your way. If you come with me, I might be able to tell you a thing or two.
我还有点事得要走了
我马上就到。我有东西要从收银员那里拿。
I shan't be a minute. I have something to get from the cashier.
下次再见
再见,波特先生。
See you another time, Mr. Potter.
阿代尔先生先生
Mr. Adare, sir.
他是个很奇怪的人物阿代尔先生,很奇怪的人物
He's a strange character, Mr.Adare. A strange character.
看起来他好像喜欢你
He seems to have taken a fancy to you.
如果你想要我可以先给你个建议
I hope you won't mind if I give you one word of advice.
如果他邀请你去他的家里。不要去
If he asks you to his house, don't go.
为什么呢
Why not?
像你这样的绅士是不会太小心的。
A gentleman in your position can't be too careful.
电影精选列表