[solemn orchestral music]
[庄严的管弦乐]
在新世纪(第二次美国思想大觉醒浪潮)来临后不久,一位年轻人声称,
在自己的异象中看到了上帝并听到了上帝的声音。
他还声称,天使给他带来一本记载古训的黄金页册。
这本黄金页册只被三个人看见过...
这几个人将用他们的余生来宣讲他们的事迹。
密苏里州,独♥立♥城。1833年。
Get 'em boys.
去抓住他们,小伙子们。
[gunshot blasting]
[枪声]
[people screaming and crying]
[人们的尖叫声和哭喊声]
Get 'em!
抓住他们!
[gunshot blasting]
[枪声]
[baby cooing]
[婴儿呢喃声]
David, I'm frightened.
大卫,我有点儿害怕。
I'm here, Julia.
有我呢,朱莉娅。
I am right here.
我就在这里。
[door crashes open]
[门撞开声]
[screams] No, no, please!
[尖叫声]不,不,请别!
[baby cries]
[婴儿哭声]
Be still, Julia.
镇定,朱莉娅。
You're never gonna see his face again.
你再也见不到他了。
- Please.- Get your hands off of me!
—求你们了。—放开我!
- Let's go, let's go!- Got you.
—带走,带走他!—总算抓到你了。
Julia, Julia!
朱莉娅,朱莉娅!
[David struggling and shouting]
[大卫挣扎并喊叫]
[crowd rumbles]
[人群咆哮声]
[Captor] On your knees!
[抓捕者]跪下!
[gun clicks]
[枪上膛声]
Quiet!
安静!
Silence!
肃静!
Which one of you is David Whitmer?
你们中谁是大卫.惠特莫
[punch thuds][crowd shouts]
[掌掴声][人群声]
I am David Whitmer.
我是大卫.惠特莫
You know why you're here?
你知道,你为什么会在这里吗?
You know Joe Smith?
你认识乔.史密斯吗?
I do.
我认识。
And you were with him when he saw the gold plates?
当他看见黄金页册时,你和他在一起吗?
I was.
是的。
Oh, we're tired of you Mormons!
哦,我们受够了你们这些摩♥门♥教♥徒!
[crowd jeers]
[人群嘲弄声]
All you gotta do is admit
你只要承认
that you and Joe Smith made it up.
你和乔.史密斯编造了这个谎言。
I'll let you and your friends go.
我就会放了你和你的朋友们。
But if you don't...
但要是你不承认...
[guns clicking]
[枪上膛声]
David!
大卫!
David.
大卫。
It's the pretty one.
真是个美人。
[panting] What do you want from us?
[气喘声]你想从我们这里得到什么?
We want you gone.
我们想让你们消失。
No![Julia screams]
不![朱莉娅尖叫声]
[gentle music]
[柔美的音乐声]
见证天使
大卫.惠特莫 奥利佛.考德利 马丁.哈里斯
[upbeat music]
[欢快的音乐声]
Nearer, my God, to thee
愿与我的上帝更靠近
Nearer to thee
更靠近您
E'en though it be a cross
纵使那个十字架
That raiseth me
支撑起了我的肉身
Still all my song shall be
我的心中依然吟唱颂歌♥
Nearer, my God, to thee
愿与我的上帝更靠近
Nearer, my God, to thee
我的上帝,我要与您更靠近
(源自真实历史事件)
Nearer to thee
更靠近您
(1881年,密苏里州里士满)
Nearer, my God, to thee
更靠近您,我的上帝
Nearer to thee
更靠近您
约瑟夫.史密斯殉道37年之后
纸条上写着:大卫.惠特莫
Throw it, throw it.
投过来,投过来。
Get him out, get him out,get him out.
让他出局,让他出局,让他出局。
[kids cheering]
[孩子们欢呼声]
门牌上写:大卫.惠特莫
长♥期♥提供马车出租及马匹喂养
[paper slaps on table]
[报纸被随意扔在桌上]
[horse whinnies]
[马嘶声]
Get out.
出去。
I was told-
我听说-
- I said, take your paper and get out.
-我说了,带着你的报纸出去。
So what he said was the truth?
所以,那上面写的是真的吗?
John Murphy?
你是说约翰.墨菲吗?
From the Hamiltonian last June.
去年六月的《汉密尔顿人》的报道。
First of all, I heard you saw an angel.
首先,我听说你看见了一个天使。
I never saw one.
我从没看到过。
I want your description of the shape, voice, brogue,
我想让你描述一下他的形态,声音,腔调,
and construction of his language.
和他使用的语法。
David Whitmer: It had no appearance or shape.
大卫·惠特默:它既没有外观也没有形状。
John Murphy says, then you saw nothing nor heard nothing?
据约翰·墨菲报道,那你什么都没看到也没听到?
Your response,
你的反应是,
nothing in the way that you would understand him.
你没有采取任何方法,表明你理解了他。
Who are you?
你是谁?
I'm a reporter.
我是一个记者。
I've already spoken to dozens of reporters.
我已经和很多记者谈过了。
Mr.Whitmer, did you see an angel?
惠特莫先生,你是否看到过天使?
Not according to John Murphy.
不像约翰.墨菲说的那样。
Well you are not the David Whitmer
那你不是那个我想见的
that I was expecting to meet.
大卫.惠特莫
Well, they said, they said they believed you.
他们说,他们说他们相信你。
I don't.
我不相信你。
[Narrator] You shall have three days
[旁白]在你们收到这封信之后,
after you receive this communication to you,
你们将有三天的时间,
including 24 hours in each day
每天随时都可以
to depart with your families peaceably.
与你们的家人和平地离开。
Cast them out!
把他们赶走!
Cast them out!
把他们赶走!
Cast them out!
把他们赶走!
Cast them out!
把他们赶走!
[Narrator] But in that time, if you do not depart
[旁白]到时,如果你们不离开,
we will use the means in our power to cause you to depart.
我们将强迫你们离开。
So help us, God.
上帝保佑我们。
Mr. Reporter!
记者先生!
I don't know why you are here
我不知道你为什么来这里,
and frankly, I'm not sure I care.
说实话,我也不关心这点。
But what you heard from Mr.John Murphy
但是你听到约翰.墨菲先生所说
of Caldwell County was not the truth.
关于考德维尔县的事件,不是真实的。
[gentle music]
[柔和的音乐]
1827年九月,纽约州 帕尔玛拉
[can clattering]
[金属碰撞声]
[birds chirping]
[鸟鸣声]
[tense music]
[紧张的音乐]
[gunshot blasting]
[开枪声]
[Pursuer 1] It's Joe Smith,get him!
[追捕人1]是乔.史密斯,抓住他!
[Pursuer 2] You got him?
[追捕者2]你抓住他了吗?
He's over there.
他在那儿。
[Pursuer 1] I see him.
[追捕者1]我看见他了。
[man grunting][gunshot blasting]
[男人发出的咕噜声] [枪声]
[weapon thudding]
[武器坠地声]
[man grunting] [metal clattering]
[男人发出的咕噜声] [金属哗啦声]
[man grunting]
[男人发出的咕噜声]
[metal thudding]
[金属掉落声]
[man panting]
[男人喘气声]
[gentle music]
[柔和的音乐]
[birds chirping]
[鸟鸣]
John Murphy's account differs
约翰·墨菲的描述
from other interviews that I've read.
与我读过的其他采访不同。
My publisher, The Richmond Democrat,
我的出版商,《里士满民♥主♥报》,
sent me here to get the truth.
派我来查明真♥相♥。
Are you willing to grant me an interview?
电影精选列表