James Gordon Bentley, you have been tried for murder.
詹姆士·戈登·宾特利 你蓄意谋杀
Abigail McGinty was found by the baker
面包师发现阿尔盖比·麦金蒂
on the floor of her sitting room,
躺在她家客厅的地板上
extensive wounds to the head.
头部大面♥积♥创伤
Her house in Broadhinny evinced no sign of forced entry.
她在博西尼的房♥子并没有强行入室之迹象
All the police surgeon was able to ascertain
所有验尸官均能确认
was that she'd been hit with a sharp, heavy implement,
她是被一件尖锐沉重的器具所击打
probably some time the night before.
很可能是昨晚的某一时刻
You, Bentley, were suspected from the very beginning.
而你 宾特利 从案发就涉嫌谋杀
You knew where she kept her money. You'd recently lost your employment.
你清楚她放钱的地方 你近期失去了工作
And then the investigating officer, Superintendent Spence,
然后本案的办案警官 斯彭斯警长
found 60 pounds in legal tender under a stone by the garden path.
在花♥园♥小径的一块石头下面发现了六十英镑
So you had the motive, and you had the opportunity.
你有作案的动机和时机
Will the defendant please rise?
请被告起立
How do you find the defendant?
各位陪审员的陪审结果是?
We find the defendant guilty.
我们认为被告有罪
James Gordon Bentley,
詹姆士·戈登·宾特利
for the premeditated murder of Abigail McGinty,
因预谋杀害阿尔盖比·麦金蒂
I sentence you to be taken from here to a place of execution,
我判决你将从此处带往刑场
there to be hanged by the neck until you are dead.
执行绞刑直至死亡
Well done, Superintendent. You brought a first-rate case.
真不赖 警长 您破获了一起一级谋杀案
There was never much doubt about the outcome.
结局向来不容质疑
But I don't think he did it. He was just a lad from the village.
但我认为凶徒不是他 他不过是个乡下小伙子
I daresay, to the jury,
我认为 对陪审团来说
Bentley looked like a murderer.
宾特利看来就像杀人犯
He's a bit unappealing, a bit shifty, but...
他的确不太讨人喜欢 有点狡诈 不过...
...in my experience, your actual murderers tend to look...
以我的经验 真正的凶手看起来往往都...
well, cocky.
怎么说呢 自命不凡
Not this little fellow.
不是这个年轻人
Something in my water says he just isn't the murdering type.
直觉告诉我 他不是那种能杀人的人
Which is why I've come to you.
这就是我来见你的原因
I can't shake off this feeling
我无法摆脱亲手把一个清白之人
that I've sent an innocent man to the gallows.
送上绞刑架的感觉
Pale ale, sir. Will that be acceptable?
您的淡啤酒 先生 可以吗?
Marvellous. Thanks.
非常好 多谢
A Crème de menthe, sir.
薄荷甜酒 先生
Merci, George.
谢谢 乔治
But this man, he had a trial that was fair?
那么这个人 他的审判还公正吗?
I'd say so. He had a decent counsel.
我想是的 他有个出色的辩护律师
So, according to the law,
因此 依照法律
this James Bentley, he has nothing to complain of.
这位詹姆士·宾特利是无从抱怨的
If he's hanged for something he didn't do,
假如他因为并未犯下的罪行而被绞死
he's got something to complain of.
就理当抱怨了
But your job, it is over.
不过你的职责 已经完成
Yes.
对
They put me on a fraud case.
他们让我调查一起诈骗案
I'm off to Glasgow.
我要动身前往格拉斯哥了
It's a very fraudulent place, Glasgow.
格拉斯哥是处尔虞我诈之地
So, what is it that you suggest?
那么你的意思是?
I wondered if you'd look into it.
我希望你能调查此事
You perceive things in...
你认知真♥相♥的方式...
pardon me, a funny kind of way.
恕我直言 有点滑稽可笑
You might find something I've missed. It's the devil of an imposition to ask you...
也许你能发觉我所遗漏的 这是个不情之请
Do you know what is the biggest problem of my life?
你知道我此生最大的问题是什么吗?
No. An abundance of leisure.
不知道 空闲时间太多
I will look into this for you, Superintendent, with great joy.
我会为你调查此事 警长 非常乐意
But what if I discover that James Bentley is guilty after all?
假如我发现詹姆士·宾特利的确有罪呢?
I'll put his head in the noose myself.
我会亲自送他上刑场
I lived with my mum.
我与母亲住在一起
I looked after her. Until she died.
我照顾她直到她去世
Then I had to sell up.
之后我只能变卖♥♥家产
So you became the lodger of Mrs McGinty?
于是你就成了麦金蒂夫人的房♥客?
Yeah.
是的
I was taken on at Breather & Scuttle in Kilchester.
锡尔切斯特的"布瑞泽斯卡特尔"雇佣了我
It's about four miles from Broadhinny on the train.
坐火车离博西尼大约四公里
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with Breather & Scuttle.
抱歉 不过我对"布瑞泽斯卡特尔"并不熟悉
They sell houses.
他们出♥售♥房♥屋
Well, I never sold no houses,
嗯 我没有卖♥♥出过任何房♥产
but I showed a few people round.
只是带过几个客人看♥房♥♥
Most of them never came back, so...
而多数客人再也没有回头 所以...
Well, Mr Scuttle let me go.
斯卡特尔先生解雇了我
And I couldn't get another job.
以后我再也没有找到过工作
And so your money, it ran out? Yeah.
也因此你囊中羞涩了? 对
A few weeks ago she charged me.
几周前她向我提起告诉
And so you became... What is the phrase?
所以你就开始... 这句话怎么说来着?
...in arrears with your rent.
... 拖欠租金
I was two months behind, yeah.
我是拖欠了两个月的租金
Ah-I?
我...
Well...
好吧...
So tell to me, if you please,
如果可以的话 请告诉我
what were you doing on the night Mrs McGinty died?
麦金蒂夫人死的当晚你在干什么?
What's the point?
还有意义吗?
I'm for the chop. No, no, no.
我就要上断头台了 不 不是的
If you have the fresh evidence, you can still lodge an appeal.
如果你还有新的证据 你还能重新提出上诉
But I haven't got fresh evidence, have I?
但是我没有新证据了 不是吗?
I have told you, I am Hercule Poirot.
我说过 我是赫尔克里·波罗
Perhaps I can discover for you some.
也许我能发现什么线索
Well, thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Bon. Good.
很好 好
Et maintenant, the night of the death of Mrs McGinty?
那么 说说麦金蒂夫人被杀当晚?
She had her supper about half six -
她大约六点半吃了晚餐
bread, kipper and margarine.
面包 腌鱼和黄油
I goes out for a walk about seven, came back about nine.
我大约七点出去散步 九点左右回来
I go straight to bed.
直接上♥床♥睡了觉
The next morning, there she is.
第二天一早 她就躺在那儿了
Dead. That's it.
死了 就是这样
How did you feel at that moment?
当时你有什么感受?
Well, I hadn't had any breakfast, so...
我当时还没吃早餐 所以...
I was starving.
我觉得很饿
Oh, I'm so sorry, we've just closed.
噢 我很抱歉 我们刚刚打烊了
If you are looking for a property,
如果您想找房♥子
I'm sure Mr Scuttle can see you tomorrow.
我相信斯卡特尔先生明天有时间接待您
No, no, no. No, Mademoiselle, thank you,
不 不 不用了 小姐 谢谢你
but it is not a property that I seek.
我要找的不是房♥子
Hercule Poirot.
我是赫尔克里·波罗
I make the further enquiry into a former employee of Breather & Scuttle,
我想多了解一点"布瑞泽斯卡特尔"前雇员
Monsieur James Bentley.
詹姆士·宾特利先生的事
Is there new evidence? Is he going to appeal?
有新证据了? 他打算上诉吗?
Oh, I'm so glad.
噢 我真高兴
You liked him?
您喜欢他?
Amy called him a drip, but...
艾米叫他讨厌鬼 不过...
yes, I liked him.
是的 我是喜欢他
He writes, you know?
他会写作 您知道吗?
He's a decent chap really.
他真是个正派的小伙子
It makes me very happy to hear that, Mademoiselle.
听到您如此评价我很高兴 小姐
Tell to me, if you please,
如果可以的话 请您告诉我
did he ever talk about his landlady Mrs McGinty?
他有没有说起他的房♥东麦金蒂夫人?
He said she gave him kippers too often.
他提起过她老是给他腌鱼
James doesn't like kippers.
詹姆士并不喜欢腌鱼
And did he ever mention to you that he knew where she kept her money?
他是否向您提及他知道夫人把钱放在何处?
Actually, he did. He said she kept it under a floorboard,
的确有 他说夫人把钱放在一处地板下
because she didn't trust the bank.
因为她并不相信银行
He reckoned he could help himself to it any time.
他认为自己随时都能去取用
Lord, I shouldn't have said that.
天呐 我真不该这么说
No, Mademoiselle, de rien.
不 小姐 没关系
Now I must hurry myself to catch my train to Broadhinny.
我必须要赶去博西尼的火车了
But tell me, Mademoiselle, how do you call yourself?
不过请问小姐 您怎么称呼?
Maude Williams.
莫德·威廉姆斯
Mademoiselle Williams, the question, it is this:
威廉姆斯小姐 问题就是
美剧 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表