I never thought I'd struggle with telling good from evil.
我从没想到有一天我会难以分辨善恶
But there was once a time when I lost that certainty...
但曾经有一段时间 我真的不那么确定
and everything I thought I knew was just a lie.
我自以为所知的一切 都不过是谎言
One Autumn morning in 1821,
1821年秋天的一个清晨
I set off alone
我独自动身上路
to a place far away from everything I'd ever known.
去往一个对我来说完全陌生的地方
I had no family left to me,
我在这世上已没有家人
except an aunt I'd met just once.
只有一个见过一次的阿姨
It was there I was headed,
我要去的地方就是她那里
to the ends of the earth,
世界的尽头
to Bodmin Moor.
博德明摩尔
You need to find a husband to take care of you.
你该找个丈夫好好照顾你
You should take Ned, love.
你该选择奈德 亲爱的
You know he'd see you right.
你知道他会好好待你的
You always said if I married
你一直说如果我结婚的话
I should love the man.
就该是因爱那个人而结
Have you changed your mind?
你改变想法了吗
Of course I haven't.
当然没变了
Well, then.
那就行
'My mother hid her illness from me.'
我母亲之前病了 一直把我瞒着
And her sudden death was more than I could bear.
她突然离世 实在让我难以承受
Mary.
玛丽
Marry me, Mary.
嫁给我吧 玛丽
When she'd gone,
她离世之后
my childhood sweetheart, Ned,
我青梅竹马的恋人 奈德
did all he could to make me stay.
尽他一切所能请我留下
But I did not love him.
但我并不爱他
I thought I had no need of love.
我觉得我并不需要爱
And didn't know its power.
也不知道爱的力量有多大
But as I was soon to learn,
但是我很快就将明白
there's nothing so dangerous as a headstrong girl
最危险的就是一个顽固的女孩
who knows her own mind.
太过清楚自己的想法
Launceston. All out!
朗赛斯顿到了 都下来吧
Smuggler, is he?
他是个走私贩吗
10 pounds King's ransom's what he is.
他身价10英镑
10 pounds of good ale.
10磅的上好麦芽酒
How long will it take to change the horses?
换马需要多长时间
I'm going to Jamaica Inn.
我要去牙买♥♥加客栈
Jamaica Inn?
牙买♥♥加客栈
If it's work you're after, you won't find it out there.
如果你是想去那里找工作 是根本找不到的
I'm expected. It's my uncle's inn.
我已经有位了 那是我姨父的客栈
Well, you can tell your uncle, Legassik says hello.
你可以跟你的姨父说 拉加斯科向他问好
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Mary.
玛丽
It's rough out at Jamaica, Mary.
牙买♥♥加客栈那边环境很艰苦 玛丽
Coaches don't stop there any more.
马车在那边已经不停站了
Be that as it may, it's where I'm bound.
即便如此 我也注定只能去那里了
I'm not afraid of hardship.
我不怕艰苦
It's just the moors for 20 miles.
那里的荒野绵延20英里
Some say there's ghosts. Not afraid of ghosts, either.
有人说那里有鬼 我也不怕鬼
You're a bloody cheat!
你♥他♥妈♥的抽老千
What are you afraid of?
你害怕什么
Get off me!
放开我
I saw you! I saw you, you...cheat!
我看到你了 我看了 你抽老千
Come 'ere! Come 'ere!
过来 过来
Get a hold of him, will you?!
制住他 可以吗
Oi! Which one of you took my scuddlin' horse?!
喂 你们谁偷了我的马
Will you take me to Jamaica Inn, then?
你能载我去牙买♥♥加客栈吗
Or shall I have to walk?
还是说我得走路过去
Are you Joshua Merlyn?
你是约书亚·莫林吗
Is my aunt here?
我阿姨在吗
Aunt Patience?
帕希丝阿姨
I'm Mary Yellan.
我是玛丽·叶伦
Patience!
帕希丝
There's a bunch of petticoats here to see you.
有好几个女人一起来找你
What is it, Joss? Only, I was just...
怎么了 乔斯 我刚刚...
Aunt Patience.
帕希丝阿姨
Mary?
玛丽
Oh, it's never you, is it?
真的是你吗
Is my sister with you?
我姐姐跟你一起来了吗
She's dead.
她死了
Dead?
死了
A month ago.
一个月前的事了
I wrote to you.
我写过信给你报丧
Did you not get my letter?
你没收到我的信吗
No.
没有
No.
没有
She wanted me to come to you.
她想让我来投奔你
I've nowhere else to go.
我没有别的地方可去了
No. No. No.
不 不 不行
You can't stay here. Course she can.
你不能待在这里 她当然可以了
She can work for us. Can't you, Mary?
她可以替我们工作的 是吧玛丽
She's a good girl.
她是个好姑娘
You can see it in her face.
你看她的脸就能看出来
She'll be no trouble.
她不会成为麻烦的
Well, that depends.
那得看情况了
Is she tame?
她是温顺呢
Or does she bite?
还是会咬人呢
Should've made this one a boy.
真该是个男孩才好
Joss... Shut up!
乔斯 闭嘴
Me and this girl, we understand each other.
我和这个小姑娘 我们相互了解
You can get her something to eat.
你去给她拿点吃的吧
She's starved to death.
她快饿死了
You mustn't mind your uncle Joss.
别介意你乔斯姨父
There's none round here who don't respect him.
这里没人敢不尊重他
He brings me flowers, see?
他也会送花给我的
Here, sit.
来 坐下
Brandy?
喝白兰地吗
You don't drink, huh?
你不喝酒的是吧
No?
不喝吗
I do.
我喝的
I drink and I drink.
我喜欢不停地喝
Sometimes, when I drink, I talk.
有时候 当我喝酒时 我喜欢说话
But if you ever get too nosy or open that trap of yours,
但如果你太吵闹 或是喜欢多嘴多舌
I'll break you...
我就弄死你
and make you eat out of my hand.
让你舔食我手上的食物
Then why'd you say it?
那你为什么还要说
I know you love me.
我知道你爱我
You're hurting me.
你弄疼我了
You've seen how castaway we are.
你也看到了我们多么与世隔绝
I don't go out there.
我不喜欢出去
Happy with my chicken run.
打理养鸡场已经让我很开心了
Aunt Patience, why are there no customers?
帕希丝阿姨 为什么这里没有客人呢
Your uncle doesn't like folk stayin'.
你姨父不喜欢客人在这里住下
Lonely spot like this, we could be murdered in our beds.
像这样偏僻的地方 我们睡着了就可能被人杀死
How can you live if there's no custom?
如果没有顾客 你们靠什么过活呢
People come from all around, thank you very much.
人们从四方过来 谢谢你
Farm cottages and the mines.
农庄和矿上的人
It's evenings when the bar's full of 'em.
到了晚上 酒吧里到处都是他们的身影
So, tell me, Mary...
告诉我 玛丽
you got a beau back there at home?
你在家里时 有人追求你吗
No.
没有
He'll be along soon enough.
那很快就会有了
A man to stop you thinking straight.
一个让你思想迷乱的男人
You'll be off to church before you know it.
你很快就会想去教堂了
I don't know that I want to marry.
我不太确定我是否真的想结婚
Unless I really loved the man.
除非我真的很爱那个男人
It seems to me too many men just make slaves of women.
在我看来 太多的男人都把女人当奴隶
You'll change your mind. Course you will.
你会改变主意的 一定会的
Your uncle says there's silk for sale at Camelford.
你姨父说卡默尔福德的丝绸正在大减价