这旧结他是我的初恋
First love was this old six string ♪
它辗转来到我的手中
That was handed down to me ♪
我不是来自对的地方
I ain't from the right town or place ♪
但西风把我声传至四方
♪ But the West wind takes My voice all across the land ♪
你的出身不是最重要
It ain't where you're born and raised ♪
心中的歌♥让我每天高唱
♪ It's the song in my heart That makes me say every day ♪
对,我来自乡村
Yeah, I'm country made ♪
《乡村乐新声》
(占美亚伦)
I'm Jimmie Allen. And Mickey, Orv and I, we're looking for a winner.
我是占美亚伦,而美琪、阿奥和我 正寻找明日之星
一位拥有独特风格 和说故事能力的真诚艺人
An artist who has a unique sound, authentic,
也需要有能力 成为当今乡村音乐世界的巨星
and the storytelling ability to become a force in today's country music world.
又或我们可以光着四隻脚悬在码头上
许下一两个愿望
信不信由你,但我当初的机会
Believe it or not, my opportunity came
是有艺人临时取消,而他们找我顶上
when an artist canceled and I was called to fill in.
当晚,我遇上会永远改变我一生的人
And that night, I met the guy that changed my life forever.
所以你永不会知道机会何时来到
So, you never know when your moment's going to come.
最好就是随时准备好
So, it's always best to be ready.
我拣选了这几位艺人 因为我喜欢他们的音乐
I chose my artists because I like their music.
不管你的艺人身份定位,也不管你的样子
No matter who you are as an artist or what you look like,
第一件吸引人的特质必须是你的音乐
the music is the first thing that's supposed to grab people.
世上有很多优秀艺人由于地理位置
And there are so many great artists that don't have access
而接触不到乡村音乐行业
to the country music industry because of where they live.
在南非并没有真正的乡村音乐市场
There's no real market for, uh, country music in South Africa.
印度音乐基本上就是波里活
The biggest thing about Indian music is basically Bollywood.
(祝夫,印度,新德里)
I am one of the minority. I sing in a language that is not native to my country.
我属于少数,以不是自己国家的母语唱歌♥
我的四个艺人正前往纳士维
My four artists are on their way to Nashville.
他们必须准备好 以最独特的方式翻唱一首歌♥
They've gotta get ready to showcase a totally unique cover
让我和其他几位星探欣赏 我们一开始请这些艺人拣选
for just me and the other scouts. We asked the artists in the beginning to pick
一首与他们有深刻连繫的歌♥ 是否乡村歌♥都不重要
a cover song that they connected with, whether it's a country song or not,
重要的是把歌♥以他们自己的风格重新诠释
but one that they would kinda reshape into their own.
(美国製造)
(亚莉,墨西哥,芝华华)
Morning. Today's the day.
早晨,今天就是大日子了
(祝夫,印度,新德里)
I am ready to pack for Nashville.
我准备好执行李飞去纳士维
(卡妙,北卡罗莱纳州,对衡市)
So excited to come out to Nash. We're gonna make some new memories.
非常期待去纳士维 我们会创造一些新回忆
她是我家姐,她来送机
This is my sister. She came to the airport to say goodbye.
(积斯甸的家姐,积琪)
I don't wanna cry. - [Justin laughs]
我不想哭
纳士维是乡村音乐胜地
Nashville is the country music mecca.
(积斯甸,南非,约翰内斯堡)
Just to play live music here, it would be the dream.
来这里玩现场音乐,这简直就是梦想成真
I Came to Move Mountains" playing]
(黑♥马♥)
We're pulling up at the legendary Dark Horse Studios,
我们来到传奇的黑♥马♥录音室
Taylor Swift、Keith Urban 和阿伦积逊等等的传奇艺人
where everyone from Taylor Swift to Keith Urban, Alan Jackson,
都在这个录音室录过歌♥
all these amazing artists have recorded music right there.
这里将会是他们的基地
This will be their home base.
我是来移山的,嘢
接下来几天 这里就是屋企了,真的...
Ooh, this is going to be home for the next few days. This is--
太疯狂了
It's mad!
这个地方看来非常正
This place looks amazing.
是的,我们在南非没有这样的东西
Yeah, we don't really have things like this in South Africa.
我感到像一面牆的压力
I feel a huge wall of pressure.
我们都有同一个目标
We all want the same thing.
(卡妙,北卡罗莱纳州,对衡市)
We all want the opportunity to change the trajectory of our lives.
一个能改变人生的机会
所以是事关重大
There's a lot on the line.
我很兴奋 - 是的
I'm pretty excited. - Yeah.
我第一次来美国,所以... - 第一次?
I've never been to the US before, so-- - No?
是的,我... - 你来自哪里?
Yeah, I'm-- - Where are you from, actually?
我来自墨西哥,是的
I'm from Mexico. Yeah. - Whoa.
我仍然有点不能相信自己来到这里
I still don't believe I'm here, a little bit.
在家里,我只会躲在睡房♥做音乐
Back at home, I would make my music in my bedroom, you know?
我会尝试创作出能改变世界的作品
I would try and make something that I hope could change the world with.
但现在我来到这里
But now that I am here, you know,
我非常渴望能在纳士维发光发亮
I have dreams of having my name in bright lights in Nashville.
大家好 - 唏
Hey, guys. - Hey.
很高兴认识大家
Very nice to meet you all.
你好吗? - 我是积斯甸
How are you doing? - I'm Justin.
我是祝夫,幸会 - 幸会,我是卡妙
I'm Dhruv. Nice to meet you. - Nice to meet you. I'm Camille.
幸会 - 又见面了
Nice to meet you. - Hi again.
亚莉,见到你真好
Ale. Good to see you.
这件事真疯狂 - 我们开始吧,是的
This is crazy. - Let's get it started. Yeah.
看到占美拣选的其他艺人
Seeing the other artists that Jimmie chose
让我对他的尊重更上一层楼
added another level of respect that I have for him.
因为他选了不是来自音乐街的人
To choose people who are not straight Music Row.
他们也不是传统乡村音乐歌♥手的 打扮或歌♥唱风格
Who are not the country music expectation of what it should look or sound like.
他来了,你好吗?老兄,你好吗?
There he goes. What's up, man? How you doing, bro?
(祝夫,印度,新德里)
见到你真好 - 在你的睡房♥外面见面,不错吧?
It's nice to see you. - Good to see you out your bedroom, right?
对,是个完全不同的空间 - 肯定的
Yeah, it's a completely different space. - I bet.
你觉得纳士维怎样?
How you liking being in, uh, Nashville?
这里跟我的睡房♥非常不同
You know, this is very different from my bedroom.
可以放很多张床在这里
You could fit many beds in here.
天啊
Oh, man--
但这一切感觉上 都是纳士维应该给人的感觉
But, like, everything feels like this is what Nashville is supposed to be like.
我觉得自己是个在糖果店的小孩,就像...
I feel like a kid in a candy store. A bit like, uh--
摸一下糖果吧,老兄 - 不
Well, touch the candy, man. - No, no, no.
就这样推一下... - 不,我...
Man, just go like this-- - No, I--
摸一下就好,准备好?来吧,摸
One little touch. Ready? Go. Come on.
就是这样,看到吧?这个掣就是这样用的
There you go. See that? Look, that's what it's supposed to do.
不,这样感觉太正了,我认为... 某程度上,我好像是...
No, this just feels legendary. I think-- I guess I'm being, in a way, where--
儘量不让自己激动得不知所措
With kind of not getting overwhelmed too much.
我当初来纳士维是非常激动的
I was overwhelmed when I first came to Nashville.
我还记得我们会在表弟家里录音乐
I remember, you know, we were recording music at my cousin's house,
就在他的小睡房♥里的电脑设备
in his little bedroom, a little computer setup, you know?
明白 - 然后到了...
Yeah. - And then actually, like,
身处一间录音室里,亲眼看见
going to a studio and, like, seeing it.
一开始它看来很可怕,但其实...
First, it might seem intimidating, but it's like,
你照旧对着咪高峰唱歌♥... - 对
you're still singing into a microphone... - Yep.
你平常用来溷音的掣
...and all the knobs that you use to mix,
不再在电脑上,而是在这里
instead of it being on your laptop, are just right here.
是的 - 你懂吗?
Yeah. - You know?
其实都是一样的
It's the same exact thing.
他的话很有启发性
It's actually quite inspiring.
我发现他跟我有很多共通点
I found many parallels with who he is
尤其是我怎样开始玩音乐
and my journey as to how I actually started getting into music
和写歌♥的人生旅程
and started writing songs.
不知道我能否变得像他一样
I wonder if I could ever be the same as him.
我是祝夫维殊凡拿
I'm Dhruv Visvanath. I'm 30 years old and I'm from New Delhi, India.
(祝夫维殊凡拿,印度,新德里)
今年30岁,住在印度新德里
(纳士维)
(新德里)
我在新德里出世 然后我在非洲赞比亚住过一阵子
I was born in New Delhi. Then, lived in Zambia for a bit, in Africa.
之后再在香港、英格兰住过
Lived in Hong Kong for a bit, and then England.
到我16岁,我的父亲过身
And then when I was 16, my father passed away and, uh,
我们被迫执拾一切搬去德里
we were forced to pack up everything and move to Delhi.
我在这里住了差不多13年
I've been here now for almost 13 years.
也是在这里开展自己的专业音乐之路 从此一直做音乐
I started my professional music journey here and been making music ever since.
我是个单人敲击木结他手,简称SPAG
I am a solo percussive acoustic guitarist, or a "SPAG" for short.
就像单人乐队
Just like a one-man band.
你一向对音乐有反应 - 是的
You always responded to music. - Yeah.
(祝夫的母亲,祖蒂)
人人都以为我疯了
Everybody thought I'd lost my marbles.
因为我支持你做创作
because I was supporting your creative effort,
尤其是因为你父亲过世了
mostly since your father had died and all.
是的 - 但你记得我跟你怎样说吗?
Yeah. - But do you remember what I told you?
不,我不记得你跟我说过甚麽 - 我说,我会支持你的热诚
No, I don't remember what you told me. - I said I will support your passion...
是的 - 但不会支持三分钟热度
Yeah. - ...but not your whim.
是的,无错
Yeah, absolutely.
这样说很令人伤心
You know, it's sad to say,
但我开始玩音乐和写歌♥
but my whole start to music and writing songs
都是因为我父亲去世
was born from the passing of my father.
说到录製、写作、发佈音乐
When it comes to recording the music, writing it and then releasing the music,
我一向都是躲在自己的睡房♥里完成一切