Living in a new town in the 1970s was brilliant.
在70年代 住在新市镇里是件绝妙的事
Everything was brand-new
一切都是崭新的
and I was allowed to stay out for as long as I liked.
我还可以在外面想玩多久就玩多久
It was like living on the Death Star
就像住在死星上一样
but without the Stormtroopers...
不过没有帝国冲锋队
or the evil.
或者邪恶势力
That's my mum, Brenda.
这是我妈妈Brenda
She's a modern woman, which means she's allowed to get away
她是个现代女性 这就意味着她可以永远不用
with never cooking dinner or dusting.
做饭或打扫
That's my dad. He's called Tony.
这是我爸爸 他叫Tony
His hobbies are sausages and finding a parking space
他喜欢吃香肠 还喜欢周六早上
in Stevenage town centre on a Saturday morning.
在斯蒂夫尼奇市中心找停车位
I really like them, except for when they do kissing stuff,
我很爱他们 但是他们接吻的时候除外
which is just plain wrong.
那感觉完全不对
That's Tim and Jenny. They come over all the time.
这是Tim和Jenny 他们常来拜访
Dad says Jenny's a bit half-baked
爸爸说Jenny有点 不靠谱
and Mum says Tim's a bit underdone,
妈妈说Tim不着调
which means they're perfect for each other...
这意味着他们是完美的一对
or something.
大概是吧
And that's Jane. She's my best friend.
这是Jane 她是我最好的朋友
She's mad for hopping.
她对单脚跳有种执念
Everything was perfect, except for one thing,
一切都很完美 但有件事除外
but I was determined to do something about it.
不过我决心要解决这件事
Julie -- the Darth Vader of Jessop Square.
Julie是杰索普区的达斯维德
Secret Whisper? If you don't know it, you're not coming in.
通行暗号♥ 如果你不知道 你就不能进来
She ruled the Rec with a rod of iron
她用铁腕统治了整个游乐场
and if you didn't know her Secret Whisper, you were going nowhere.
如果你不知道她的通行暗号♥ 你哪都去不了
All my fingers have stopped working.
我所有的指头都不灵活了
One day, that fort's going to be mine.
总有一天那座小城♥堡♥会是我的
You don't know the Secret Whisper.
可你不知道通行暗号♥
Then I'll make up a new Secret Whisper
我会想出一个新的通行暗号♥
and then Julie won't be able to get in.
这样Julie就进不去了
She'll just punch you in the face. No, she won't.
她会给你脸上来一拳的 她不会的
Once you've said Secret Whisper, that's it, it's Secret Whisper.
只要你规定了暗号♥她就拿你没辙
Is the Secret Whisper going to be
暗号♥是不是
that Nathan Coleman rubs his woolly through a hole in his pocket?
"Nathan Coleman穿过裤袋的破洞摸自己的小鸭鸭"
Not "Woolly". Willy.
不是"小鸭鸭" 是小鸡鸡
No, everyone knows that. Don't worry, I'll think a new one up.
不行 所有人都知道了 别担心我会想出新暗号♥来的
But I wasn't the only one having grand ideas.
不过我不是唯一一个有伟大想法的人
Shall we have a dinner party, Tony?
Tony 我们要不要办个晚宴
No-one's ever had a dinner party on Jessop Square
从来没有人在杰索普区办过晚宴
and everyone else is having them.
别人都在办
I don't know anyone who's having a dinner party.
我认识的人里没有人办晚宴
Well, they're having them in Cosmopolitan. Look.
有人在<大都会>杂♥志♥上就办了 看
That's not a dinner party. It's an advert for Scotch.
那不是晚宴 那是苏格兰威士忌的广♥告♥
There's a tiger on the table.
那张桌上还有只老虎
Anyway, what for? And who with?
再说了办晚宴是为了什么 跟谁
Did Neil Armstrong ask, "What for?" when they said, "Let's go to the moon!"?
他们说"我们去月亮上吧"的时候 阿姆斯特朗说"为了什么"吗
No, he did not. We can ask the Palmers
他才没有说 我们可以邀请Palmer一家
and Jenny and Tim. We haven't seen them this week.
还有Jenny和Tim 我们这个礼拜都没见到他们
Yes, that's cos Tim got drunk and fell onto your tits.
是的 那是因为Tim醉酒后"摔倒"在你咪♥咪♥上
That was an accident. Brenda, nobody falls like this.
那是意外 Brenda 没人是这样摔倒的
We're having a dinner party.
反正我们要开这个晚宴
But you can't cook. You've never cooked,
你又不会做饭 你从来没做过饭
apart from that time you tried to boil an egg in a kettle.
除了上次你想用水壶煮鸡蛋
Well, of course I won't be cooking. You will.
我当然不负责做饭 你来
But I... Mum?
但是我 妈妈
I need to do a really good Secret Whisper, but I'm not sure what.
我要个很好的通行暗号♥ 但我不确定用什么
Why? Because Julie won't let anyone in the fort.
为什么 因为Julie不准别人进她的城♥堡♥
So I'm going to occupy it like when the Nazis occupied France.
所以我决定像纳粹占领法国一样占领那里
Well, I don't think that's anything to aspire to, if I'm honest.
说实话 我觉得这种做法不值得鼓励
Jane thinks I should make the Secret Whisper about Nathan Coleman
Jane觉得我应该用Nathan Coleman的事当暗号♥
and how he plays with his willy through a hole in his pocket.
关于他穿过裤袋破洞玩自己小鸡鸡的事
How do you know that? He showed me.
你怎么知道的 他给我看了
Oh Emma, Emma! Do not let boys show you their willies in pockets, Emma.
Emma 不要让男生给你看他们裤袋破洞里的小鸡鸡
This is what men do.
男人们就是这样
Put your foot down now and you'll have a career.
坚决抵♥制♥这种行为 你才能有所作为
If men had their way, we'd never achieve anything.
如果男人为所欲为 我们永远没有立足之地
We'd all just be standing there, staring at their willies.
我们就只能站在那里 眼睁睁地看着他们的小鸡鸡
Think up a nicer secret.
想个好点的秘密
Anyway, we're having a dinner party, imagine that.
不论如何 我们要办个晚宴 很棒吧
It'll be two hours of frantic cleaning,
花两小时疯狂做卫生
then two hours of frantic cooking, just so we can spend two hours
再花两小时疯狂做菜 好让我们有两小时
frantically trying to think of things to say.
疯狂地想出些话来说
I mean, how is that a party? Who knows what we're going to eat.
我是说 这算什么宴会 谁知道我们要吃些什么
We should have something posh, something we've never had before.
我们得吃些以前没吃过的高级东西
What about a lasagne, Tony? Look, there's a picture of one.
千层面怎么样 Tony 看 这里就有图片
It's magnificent.
超好看
Lasagne? That's got pasta in it, and not in a tin.
千层面 那里面要意面 还要现做
Brenda, that's madness!
Brenda 我♥干♥不来
Where am I going to find pasta not in a tin?
我怎么去找那种非罐装的意面
It'll be fine. Look, there's mince, bread sauce, lasagne bits,
别担心 看 放点肉末 再加酱汁 再加点面
cheese on top. You're done.
芝士放最顶上 完成
They're both smiling in the picture. They must be enjoying it.
看他们在照片上笑的 肯定很好吃
You know mince. You know it! So you're in charge, Tony.
你懂怎么做肉末 所以你当主厨 Tony
I'll phone Jenny and see if they're free tomorrow.
我打电♥话♥问Jenny看他们明天有没有空
But I don't want to be in charge.
我才不想主厨
Tony, most men would kill to be in charge.
Tony 大多数男人都争着抢着做主厨(主导)
What the hell do you have with lasagne anyway? Mash? Chips?
千层面要配什么菜 土豆泥 薯条
Hello? Hello, Jenny.
喂 喂 Jenny
Hi. I was... I was wondering whether...
你好啊 我在想你能不能
I mean, if you can't live with me,
如果你不能跟我过
then why aren't you dead already?
干嘛不去死
Sorry, Brenda, we are having a bit of a row. Tim has ruined...
抱歉 Brenda 我们有点小矛盾 Tim毁了
my best blouse. Ruined! Going out.
我最好的衬衫 毁了 我出去了
Good riddance!
谢天谢地
Be back by seven. I'm cooking lamb. Mint sauce?
七点前回来 我做羔羊肉 放薄荷酱
Yes, of course, mint sauce! I'm not an idiot!
当然会放 我又不傻
Right, he's gone. Hello!
他终于走了 还在吗
Hello. I have had a brilliant idea.
还在 我有个绝妙的想法
Like when we painted our eyebrows on with fence varnish?
像上次用围栏油漆画眉那样吗
No, a proper one.
不是 更靠谱的
We haven't had a fun day in ages,
我们好久没聚过了
so I'm going to have a dinner party.
我们要办个晚宴
A dinner party?
晚宴
Yeah, it's a party where you have dinner. It will be giddy,
就是在宴会上吃晚餐 肯定很炫
like that time we thought we saw David Cassidy in Woolworths.
就像那次我们以为在沃尔沃斯看见大卫卡西迪一样
What about that stick with dead strong onion stuff and loads of butter?
那个上面撒了洋葱和很多黄油的长棍面包怎么样
You mean garlic bread?
你是说蒜蓉面包吗
Oh, yeah. How do you make that?
好啊 你知道怎么做吗
I don't know. I'm ten. Oh, yeah.
不知道 我才十岁 是哦
Oh, Jenny, are you OK?
Jenny你还好吗
Oh, yes, fine. Just a bit full of feelings.
没事 就是心里不好受
Well, my dinner party will cheer you up.
我的晚宴会让你开心的
We'll pick you up in the morning, make a day of it,
我们早上去接你们 玩个一天
go over to the mausoleum in St Albans,
先去参观圣奥尔本斯的陵墓
dinner party in the evening. Ooh!
晚上再开宴会 喔
Great! I'll invite the Palmers. See you tomorrow.
太好了 我去邀请Plamer一家 明天见
Bye.
再见
Have they had another row?
他们又吵架了
Nothing your lasagne won't fix. Oh, come on, Tony!
没有什么是你的千层面解决不了的 来吧 Tony
First dinner party in Jessop Square. We're setting the standard,
杰索普区的第一次晚宴 我们要树立榜样
raising the bar. Now, what am I going to wear?
提升格调 我该穿什么呢
I could come and help you choose, if you like.
我可以帮你挑衣服 如果你愿意的话
Something that says, "Hello. I'm fabulous."
选一件自带我完美气场的衣服
Basically, the fashion equivalent of lasagne,
基本上就是时尚界的千层面
but maybe not so many layers.
不过不要那么多层
You know how to make lasagne, really, don't you, Dad?
你知道怎么做千层面的吧 爸爸
Yeah.
是啊
Hello, hello! Let the fun day commence!
你好啊 美好的一天就要开始了