Ned!
Ned!
Have another, dearie.
再来一根 亲爱的
Won't do you no harm.
不碍事的
Smoke another pipe.
再抽一根
Never make out a word them saying.
完全听不懂他们在说什么
Foreigners...
外国人...
English...
英国人...
Makes no odds.
都一样
Nonsense.
胡言乱语
It's just nonsense.
都是胡言乱语
We all talk nonsense, dearie, when the dream's upon us.
亲爱的 我们做梦的时候都会胡说八道
When the wicked man turneth away
若恶人回首
from his wickedness that he hath committed...
不再行恶...
and doeth that which is lawful and right...
而行正义之事...
he shall save his soul alive.
其心必活
I acknowledge my transgressions,
吾知吾过
and my sin is ever before me.
吾罪一刻不敢忘
Repent ye, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.
悔之 天堂近在咫尺
? Oh, come, let us sing unto the Lord
来吧 我们要向耶♥和♥华♥歌♥唱
? Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation... ?
向拯救我们的磐石欢呼...
Something to keep an eye on.
需要留意一下
Mr Crisparkle! Thank you, Reverend.
Crisparkle先生! 谢谢你 神父
Thank you for your forbearance.
谢谢您的宽容
Not ill, Mr Jasper?
Jasper先生 你不舒服吗?
Only that sleep is hard to find.
只是失眠了
My mother will be thrilled
我母亲会很高兴的
to offer you her famous medicine chest once again.
她的宝贝药箱又有用武之地了
Previously she only had me to experiment on.
目前她只有我这个小白鼠
The lady's very kind. But I expect my nephew today.
谢谢令堂的好意 不过今天我侄子要来
Ah, I'm very glad to hear it!
那太好了!
Edwin will do you more good than a dozen medicine chests.
Edwin比一打药箱都有效
If he does not come soon I will die of longing!
我秋水都要望穿了
Rosa has no idea how lucky she is.
Rosa真是身在福中不知福
Oh, for heaven's sake, you know nothing about it.
天呐 不懂就别乱说
There he is! Oh, look at his lovely hair!
来了! 啊 看看他的秀发!
Will you please be quiet?!
你们能不能安静点?!
It's so romantic I could faint.
我快被粉色泡泡淹没了
Mr Edwin Drood
Edwin Drood先生前来
to see Miss Rosa Bud.
拜访Rosa Bud小姐
It is just so absurd.
太荒唐了
What is so absurd, Rosie?
什么荒唐 Roise?
The whole thing. Girls and servants scuttling about giggling,
一切 姑娘们和仆人们都躲躲笑笑的
when it's only you come to call.
只有你来的时候才这样
That's a nice way to welcome your fiance!
他们是在欢迎你的未婚夫啊!
Rosie...
Roise...
I can't kiss you, Eddy, because I've got a pear drop in my mouth.
我不能吻你 Eddy 我嘴里有梨糖
Miss Twinkleton.
Twinkleton女士
How do you do, Mr Drood?
你好 Drood先生
Very glad indeed to have the pleasure once more.
很高兴再次见到你
Pray excuse me.
失陪了
Tweezers. Ah!
我是来拿镊子的 在这!
Shall I just go?
那我走了?
No. No, not so soon, the girls will only want to know why.
不 再等等 不然姑娘们会过来问长问短的
So, how are you?
最近怎么样?
I'd like to reply much the better for seeing you, Rosie.
我想说见到你真是太好了 Roise
Jack?
Jack?
Jack?
Jack?
Agh! Jack you monster!
啊! Jack 混♥蛋♥!
Ned! -Put me down!
Ned! -放开我!
Ned! Oh, Ned, at last.
Ned!啊 Ned 你终于来了
Are you wet? Cold? Hungry?
你有没有淋湿? 冷吗? 饿吗?
Not wet, not cold. Hungry, yes, hungry as a horse.
没有淋湿 也不冷 倒是饿了 饿得前胸贴后背
Don't mollycoddle me, Jack, there's a good fellow.
别惯坏了我 Jack 好家伙
Let me look at you.
让我瞧瞧
You're late.
你来迟了
I looked in on Rosa first.
我先去看Rosa了
Oh, that's a dreadful old picture, Jack. I've more skill now.
这张画得糟透了 我现在画得更好
I'd draw you another one tomorrow,
明天再给你画一张
but I can't be sure she'll ever show me that smile again.
只是不知道她能否再这样冲我笑了
To a young bride, nervously awaiting her nuptial day.
敬我们急不可耐要结婚的新娘
Nervous! Huh!
急不可耐!哼!
Miss Rosa is all thorns and no petals.
Rosa小姐是一朵有刺无花的玫瑰
Ned! Oh, but the girl provokes me so!
Ned! 她经常刺♥激♥我!
Miss Pert. Miss Scornful.
Pert小姐 Scornful小姐
Nothing I say ever pleases her.
从没给过我好脸色看
That young lady is too good for you, boy.
你配不上她 孩子
God, if only I could choose, Jack.
天啊 我要是能做主就好了 Jack
The loveliest girl in the world is yours,
你已经拥有了世界上最好的姑娘
and you should thank God as well as your father for it.
你要感谢上苍和你父亲
Oh, you can say so, it's all very well for you.
你站着说话不嫌腰疼
Your life's not mapped out for you, your work and your marriage,
你的工作 婚姻没有被规划
all to scale and lined and dotted out like some infernal surveyor's plan.
不像图纸一样 已经被严格设计好
You can choose for yourself. Ha!
你可以自己做主 啊!
Jack, you look ghastly.
Jack 你的脸色惨白
What is it? You're frightening me!
怎么了? 不要吓我!
Now, don't you mollycoddly me. My medicine's at my bed.
我没那么弱 我的药在床上
My Jack's an opium eater!
我叔叔吸鸦♥片♥!
You disapprove?
你有意见?
No, no, no. If laudanum helps to ease the pain...
不不不 既然鸦♥片♥酊可以舒缓痛楚...
To forget. To forget the pain. To forget this place.
是为了遗忘 遗忘这痛苦 遗忘此地
You can't be unhappy here, Jack.
你怎么会不开心 Jack
Not when you've so exactly found your niche in life?
你不是找到了理想的工作吗?
You're so deeply respected in this queer old place.
你在这座古怪的老城里备受尊敬
And you've your heavenly music. I hate it, Ned.
你还有圣乐啊 我不喜欢 Ned
I hate the grinding monotony of it.
我讨厌它的千篇一律
What is a man's life,
这算什么生活
where his only choice is which hymn number to select today?
我能选择的只有今天要唱哪首圣歌♥
See how even a poor choirmaster may suffer the itch of ambition,
唱诗班的指挥也是有野心的
but these are private thoughts and this is a confidence between us.
这只是我的个人想法 不要说出去
Of course. It shall be sacredly preserved.
当然 会烂在心里的
Take it as a warning, then.
那就当成我的忠告吧
My dear fellow, you need never fear
老叔 你不必担心
that I will give in to the same despair. Look at me, I'm smiling!
我不会重蹈你的覆辙 瞧我笑得多灿烂!
For in a few months,
再过几个月 我就让Rosa
I shall carry Rosa away from school
以Edwin Drood太太的名义
as Mrs Edwin Drood, and she shall set sail with me
离开学校 和我一起航行
for our new life in the east.
到东部开始新生活
And we shall be happy, because we shall have made up our minds to be.
我们会活得很快乐 因为我们决意如此
You won't be warned, then?
那就不需要我的忠告了?
Dear Jack!
噢 Jack!
Hah! Surrender, wicked mirror! Your money or your life.
哈! 投降吧 魔镜! 要钱还是要命
While you're waiting for the poor item to decide,
别等那玩意儿选
I have a job for you.
我有活要你干
That's far too many. Our poor guest will boil.
这也太多了 客人会热死的
On the contrary, Sept,
恰恰相反 Sept
our climate will be a freezing torment to a tropical soul.
这儿对热带的人来说简直是冰天雪地
Oh! What?
啊! 怎么了?
What if the bellringers disturb his sleep?
撞钟人会不会打扰到他们休息?
I'll move the cathedral, shall I?
那我把教堂搬走 行了吗?
Ah!
啊!
Come on, then.
过来吧
What we got today, Mr Durdles?
我们今天吃什么 Durdles先生?
Who's this "we" when he's at home?
他在家的时候就没有"我们"了
This is Durdles' dinner entirely,
这些全是Durdle的大餐
what he is sharing with a workhouse ragamuffin
由于他的善心 他准备跟一个救济院的孩子
out of the goodness of his heart. Cheese! Yeah.
一起分享 是奶酪! 没错
Blooming racket's enough to put an honest man off his lunch.
这儿吵得连老实人都吃不下饭了
Ow!
啊!
Stop, stop, stop, stop!
停停停 停!
I know there are a lot of low notes,
我知道这首歌♥有很多低音