第一季 第一集
秘密
Mum?
妈
Mum?
妈
Mum?
妈
Mum?
妈
Can I ask you something?
我能问你一个问题吗
Course you can.
当然可以了
I was wondering if you might help me to die?
我想着 你能不能帮我死掉
What?
什么
Help me call it a day.
帮我了结这一生
I think you've had a bit too much Shiraz, Mum.
我看你是葡萄酒喝多了吧 妈
I went to see the consultant.
我去见了顾问医师
When?
什么时候的事
Today.
就今天
This morning.
今天上午
There appears to have been a bit of movement.
癌细胞似乎已经开始转移了
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Because the blood flows through the something-or-other...
因为血液会从那什么器官流过
..Apparently it's found its way to my liver.
显然 现在已经开始入侵我的肝脏了
Also...
并且
it...
那个...
It turns out I might be a little
我的寿命可能
shorter on time than we thought.
比我们原先预想的要更短一些
How short is shorter?
到底有多短
I would have come with you, you know? I know.
我如果知道肯定愿意陪你一起去的 我知道
You don't have to give me an answer now.
你不必现在就答复我
But I would appreciate it if you gave it some serious thought.
但如果你肯认真考虑一下 我会十分感激的
Oh, come on, Mum, don't be silly. I'm not.
别这样 妈 别说傻话 我不是在乱说
Hey, guess what? What?
嘿 你猜怎么着 什么
No, you've got to guess.
不行 你得先猜一猜
No.
不要
Can you guess? No.
你能猜到吗 不能
I bought a spliff off, er, someone in the pub.
我从酒吧一个家伙手里买♥♥了些大♥麻♥烟卷
Do you want to smoke it, get stoned,
你想抽一点 嗨一下
like we used to, in the old days?
就像我们过去常做的那样
I'm six months pregnant. Nah, it's all right.
我已经怀孕6个月了 没关系的
Are you joking? Nah, you can have a few, can't you?
你在开玩笑吗 不是 你抽一点没关系的吧
No.
不行
Once in a while.
偶尔抽一点没关系的
You're going to be the least responsible parent ever.
你会成为有史以来最不负责任的父亲
I'm also going to be the coolest, aren't I?
但我肯定也是最酷的 对吧
Tony.
叫托尼吧
Makes me think of Tony Blair.
让我想到以前的首相托尼·布莱尔
Horrible.
太糟糕了
Erm, what about Graham?
那叫格兰姆怎么样
Bit World War II. Yeah?
有点像二战时期的人名 是吗
Walter?
沃特呢
Walter? I prefer Graham, I think.
沃特吗 那我还是觉得格兰姆更好
Yeah? Thomas?
你觉得呢 汤玛斯呢
Nah, too posh.
不行 太高雅了
Barry?
巴里呢
Yeah, let's go for that. What's funny about Barry?
好吧 就这个吧 巴里这名字有什么好笑的
I don't know. I'm serious. I like Barry.
我也不知道 我说真的 我喜欢巴里这名字
I don't like Barry.
我不喜欢巴里这名字
Er, Stuart?
斯图尔特呢
What's funny about Stuart? I don't know.
斯图尔特又有什么好笑的 我也说不清
I've got a cousin called Stuart, you know that.
我有个表弟就叫斯图尔特 你知道的
No, and he's lovely. He is lovely, ain't he?
是啊 他很可爱 他的确很可爱对吧
Maybe we should call him Stuart, then.
那不如就给孩子取名叫斯图尔特吧
Shaun?
肖恩
Mum's cancer's got worse.
妈妈的癌症恶化了
You seem very calm. Are you all right?
你似乎很平静 你还好吧
I think so. And you?
我觉得还好 你呢
Yes. It's a lot to take in, isn't it?
挺好的 一下子有太多事要接受 是吧
It is. A little less so the second time.
是啊 不过第二次来还要好些了
But there were some positives.
但也有好的方面啊
Every cloud... There was the palliative care thing,
乌云背后... 临终关怀治疗什么的
nurse, I thought was an interesting idea.
护养 我觉得就是个不错的主意
Mum? I could murder a pint of IPA.
妈 我可以喝下一品脱的印度淡啤
Oh, you could at least pretend not to ignore the question.
你至少可以假装下别无视我的问题啊
Not to worry if you haven't the time.
如果你没时间 就别为我的事操心了
I'm meant to be meeting Shaun.
我一会儿要去找肖恩
Oh, never mind. Well, you can come, too.
算了 你也可以一起去的啊
Not sure I've got the energy for going out.
我觉得我没什么力气外出
Well, how about dinner, then, back at the house?
那不如回家一起吃晚餐吧
I am perfectly capable of looking after myself.
我完全有能力照顾好我自己
At the moment you are, just about, but what happens...
你现在是可以照顾自己 但如果...
I'd rather wither away in peace
我宁愿清静地死去
than have to make endless small talk with...
也不要无休无止地和那些人聊天...
This isn't funny.
这不好笑
I wasn't suggesting it was.
我并非在说这很好笑
The amount of pain you're going to end up in
你接下来会面临的疼痛
is going to be unbearable.
肯定是无法承受的
No-one's suggesting it's going to be easy, Pip.
没人在说这会很容易 皮普
But I won't be able to look after you.
我没办法好好照顾你的
And nor am I expecting you to.
我也没指望你照顾我
No, well, actually,
不 实际上
by not receiving any treatment or accepting any help
不接受治疗 不接受帮助
that is exactly what you are doing.
你现在的状态就是这样的
I think you know perfectly well there is an alternative.
我觉得你心里很清楚 我没有别的选择
All I'm asking you to think about
我只是要你考虑下
is having someone drop in on you once or twice a week.
请人一周去探望你一两次
That's all it is.
仅此而已
That's all I want you to think about. I understand all that.
那就是我希望你考虑的 我都懂的
I don't want to be driven insane with worry, Mum.
我不希望因过度担心而发疯 妈
I don't wish to be dying. But there we are.
我还不想死呢 但现在还不是要死了
If you could give them a ring, maybe delivery on Tuesday.
希望你给他们打个电♥话♥ 尽量周二送过来
All right then. I'd prefer it...
好的 我更希望...
Can I have some help, please?
请你们快帮帮我
Yes, what's happened? I think he's been hit by a car.
好的 怎么了 它好像被车撞了
OK. And what's his name? Her name?
好吧 它叫什么名字 是雌的还是雄的
Bob. Bob. OK. Do you want to come with me
鲍勃 鲍勃 好的 跟我一起来吧
and we'll... All right, darling.
然后我们...别事的 亲爱的
We'll have a look. All right?
我们好好检查下 好吗
Where did it happen?
是在哪里被撞的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Apparently they have black skin.
显然它们的皮肤是黑色的
Their fur isn't white, it's transparent.
它们的毛皮不是白色的 而是透明的
It just reflects the snow.
只不过会反射雪光罢了
Mental.
太惊人了
You all right?
你没事吧
Sorry, yeah, I'm fine, just a bit erm...
抱歉 我没事 只是有点...
I ought to go, really.
我得走了
Sorry, what were you saying? Doesn't matter.
抱歉 你刚刚说什么来着 没什么
No, go on. Just...polar bears.
别啊 说吧 就是 北极熊
I think you've forgotten the water, Mum.
我觉得你忘记放水了 妈
It's actually surprisingly comfortable.
躺在这里竟然很舒服呢
Is it?
是吗
Well, let's have a go. Budge up.
那我也来试一下 让一点位置出来
Yeah, it's great.
是啊 真爽呢
I spoke to someone. A nurse.
我今天去找一个护士谈了谈
I'm really sorry I shouted at you. I mean it.
我很抱歉之前吼了你 真的
How was your day?
你今天过得怎么样
Long. I killed a cat.
很漫长 我杀死了一只猫
Intentionally, I hope?
是安乐死吧
It was in a pretty bad state.
它当时的状况已经救不活了
I know the feeling.
我知道那种感觉
You hungry?
你饿吗
Not really.
不怎么饿
I've brought sausages. You ought to eat.
我带了些香肠来 你该吃点